Sell it to me!!!

hels123smiles

Silver Member
Ok, so I have been putting this off for weeks now. I have lost 2.5 stones with CD and am having a few shakes here and healthy (ish) meals!!

I keep making all sorts of excuses but I want to shift them last 11lbs and maybe a few more.

Is it as complicated as it seems?

No matter if it's complicated or not complicated or what hon. There's only two words you need to know about SW.

It. Works.

Sold?

Yeah, but is it!!?

I am sold just have to make that jump, so nervous about doing the 'group' thing! But I cant back on CD at all.

I never thought I'd find myself at a group, but have been doing this for over 2 years now and lost 3 stone 10 lbs. Do it! You will feel really supported and I bet you'll be suprised at how much lovely food you can eat, totally guilt free! Good luck!

This thread will give you the basics
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

But in answer to your question, like any plan it can be a bit confusing at first until you find your way around it and familiarise yourself with the small number of rules. But you will get loads of support to get you through that, both from your consultant and from folk on here.

The benefits are that you will never be hungry because there are loads of syn-free foods that you can eat without measuring or weighing them. There are a number of plans so you're sure to find one that fits in with your tastes - are you a carb lover (green), a meat lover (red) or both (extra easy)? The plan promotes healthy eating, ensuring you have a daily dose of fibre and calcium from your healthy extras, and treats from your daily syn allowance to 'spend' as you choose.

What other slimming plan can you have a full English breakfast with sausages, bacon, beans, fried egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and toast and still be on your diet? I love SW :D

Groups are great and everyone is so friendly. It's a night out for me lol! The plan works and is probably one of the easiest plans to follow in that there is lots of "free food" no weighing or measuring!! If you wnat to just try it out buy one of the SW mags. There is a weeks worth of menus in there. Try them. You'll love it.

Do it, do it, do it! :)

Hiya..(is that Scarborough in your avatar)?

I got to goal with ww'rs a month back..
then stuffed it up!!put on 5lbs in a month..

I joined sw last week and had my 1st WI today...i lost 3½lbs!!!

Amazing i have eaten bread,pasta+potatoes and havent weighed one single thing all week..
I could never understand sw when friends spoke about it...but i got the books last week read through them and it all clicked into place..:)
Good luck with it...

Come and join us. Once yu get your head into it it is really easy.

Go on do it and join SW. Once you walk through the doors, you will realiseone thing it's not a group thing......it is a meeting together of people who become ur friends very quickly and understand what u are doing etc because they are doing exactly the same thing. One thing is certain, once you join SW it will become ur best friend ever as it's not a diet it is a healthy eating lifestyle that you can continue no matter what your age and one that the whole family can do very easily without even realising it.

Go on take that leap, the best one you will ever make !:grouphugg:

All I can add is that this is the only "diet" I have ever followed simply because I don't see it as a diet, simply a way to live the rest of my life, you go to an evening class to learn how to swim or dance, or learn a new language or how to use a computer, SW is teaching me how to life a healthy life with a balanced diet, that I can stick with forever :)

The way I see it, SW is where you come to eat yourself slim! It's not like the DARK SIDE! (ie WW's) where you eat up to your points but can do it with wine and mars bars if you want! It makes you eat healthily but you can have a bit of what makes life fun on top! Something you can carry on with for life! BUT don't get the idea that eating healthily is boring! I do recipes from the curry feast book at least twice a week. Jacqui35 has gone from not cooking at all to being a real little Deliah in a week! by getting the Extra Easy cookbook. I got mine last night. I'm biased about EE cos I've lost 29lbs in 18 weeks on it!
It fits in with the family, it's ok to eat out and you feel really well because you get all your nutrients!
The only thing is if you're coming off CD you may have an initial gain, but there are threads about this if you go on the search facility.
Good luck Hun, come and join us, and do join a class! The step through the door is the only difficult bit. Stay to image therapy, you'll get lots of tips, get to know people and have lots of laughs! You won't regret it!

SW may seem complicated but with the new Extra Easy plan, it really is that. The only thing you need to "worry" about is and A choice (milk/cheese) and a B choice (like cereal/bread) and having your syns. They are the only things you are restricted on.

Do it. I've done this for over 2 years. It is the most fantastic healthy eating plan you will ever find. I have maintained my target weight for over a year and have never done this before. This is down to following a great plan, the support of the wonderful group I go to and the fab guys on here!

I echo the others ......It Works!!

It can seem a little bit complicated to start with, but that's a good thing because it makes you concentrate on what you are eating by writting everything down etc. You are focused on the task in hand, but it only takes a very short time to get the hang of it and then its second nature. You go for it and you will be very surprised at the way it works and it does WORK. Good luck.

Have you looked in the before, during and after pics? If not, do...if that doesn't sell SW to you, nothing will!

As everyone has said, it does work. I've lost 20.5lbs on this plan and without feeling like I am dieting. It works and more importantly, it is maintanable!

Well done on your loss to date!!! xxx

If My OH can go to group and get clapped by a bunch of women, then I'm sure you will be fine!!

And it does work and you should never be hungry!

Hiya..(is that Scarborough in your avatar)?

I got to goal with ww'rs a month back..
then stuffed it up!!put on 5lbs in a month..

I joined sw last week and had my 1st WI today...i lost 3½lbs!!!

Amazing i have eaten bread,pasta+potatoes and havent weighed one single thing all week..
I could never understand sw when friends spoke about it...but i got the books last week read through them and it all clicked into place..:)
Good luck with it...

It is my lovely Scarborough!!!

I am going to really look at joining asap, my next group is probably tuesday.
I really like the thought that the kids can od it with me, after all its just healthy eating?

I wont be able to make the most of the meetings, my DH works away so would have to do one in the day and it will be a struggle to watch my v active 18 month old and concentrate on getting weighed and not letting him disturb the group (one of my excuses!!)

I also like the way it is a life style change and I have been looking at the pics of the meals YUM!!

Ok...............................sold!

Ill be back, on tuesday. If Im not...hunt me down!

Im an ex-CD'er too....6 stone 6lbs down with SW...need I say any more?!
Go to a class, come on here and ask any questions that you need to...we are here to advise and support too!

Good luck!!

Back