Semi Skimmed Milk

Raiekku

Hi Everyone,

I am lactose intolerant, but I use a Milk called Lactose Free but they only offer Full Fat or semi skimmed.

Would it be a major problem if I was to use the semi skimmed :confused:

I honestly haven't a clue. I googled it to see its composition, and it contains 12g carbs for 200cl (whereas semi skimmed 9g carbs), and of course the fat content is far higher...

Do you eat yoghurt or other dairy?

How much milk would you usually use in a Dukan day?

Hi,

I can eat yoghurt and other Dairy. Milk and cream seem to be the only ones I can't have. this is more so on it's own.

I rarely use milk to be honest, I do love to have a coffee made with just Milk from time to time, but that,s not very often.

Hi,

I can eat yoghurt and other Dairy. Milk and cream seem to be the only ones I can't have. this is more so on it's own.

That makes sense - lactose is usually converted into lactase in the process of making cheese, yogurt etc, and lactase is much easier to digest.

On the question of semi-skimmed, I can only offer my own experience. We have semi-skimmed milk in the office, and I would sometimes use a dash of this in my office coffee or tea when I couldn't face it black. I didn't seem to slow down my weight loss.

I'd leave well alone then, at least for a good while. I rarely if ever use milk.

<smiling at contradiction, but we posted at same time!>

Perhaps the odd dash in a cuppa, but a coffee made entirely from it?!

Oooh - if you mean a coffee made almost entirely of milk? I would skip that for the time being!

(It was drinking lattes that made me the distinctly rounded creature I became!)

I don't have it very often...but I guess once I start this I will not be having it at all lol :cry:

Thank you all for your comments :D

Back