Seph's refeed diary (with pics!)

Seph

So my refeed starts tomorrow so I thought I'd start my diary a day early.
Atm I'm really excited to have my last weigh in tomorrow and see how much I've lost. I've not told the chemist I'm refeeding yet as it was a pretty sudden decision this week. Not sure if I'm going to do it again, maybe in 2 week periods after exams so it doesn't mess up my pills.
Right now I just need to get off LT asap and hope I get back to normal quickly! ><

Got food planned for the week already so we're going shopping tomorrow. (I like making lists)
I'm having chicken with cucumber and beetroot tomorrow night. I'm not overly keen on plain hot chicken so I'm having a little malt vinegar with it.

Most of all I'm looking forward to Thursday lunch as I get to use my bento box again for lunch at uni! I'm doing cod broken up into flakes with lemon juice or maybe vinegar, cucumber cubes with salt, pepper and vinegar and beetroot.

Need to check if so much vinegar is ok from the start (yes, I'd drink it if I could!) but other than that I'm all set!
Going to be adding pics of my meals (mostly the bentos because they're so fun to make!) too.

Good luck with your refeed, I was going to do pictures too, but just couldnt be bothered uploading them all the time lol - I am too lazy.

Good Luck Seph, you seem very organised. I'm not sure about malt vinegar but I know you can have balsamic vinegar if that is any help!x

Wow I'm stuffed!
Had fried chicken cut up into small pieces, cucumber and beetroot with vinegar and a little salt. Had some fruit squash with it and it was awesome! Took me a while to eat it but I actually managed to finish it all, feel so full now though!
I'll add the pic when we get home (at my mum's).

Got the cod ready for tomorrow, going to cook it tomorrow and then make my bento in the morning.

DSC00136.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely! Those first tastes were fantastic! Everything tastes so strong!

Completely stuffed once again!
Couldn't even finish today's bento which was:
- 100g cod fillet oven cooked then shredded into flakes
- Cucumber cut into cubes with pepper and vinegar
- Beetroot

(Despite how it looks it really is cucumber, it just has a layer of pepper on top.) ><
DSC00137.jpg

It takes a good week or two before you can eat a bit more feeling comfortable after so long on the shakes.

Yeah I'm hoping it's going to get easier to eat as it is pretty uncomfortable atm though that might just be from LT messing me up in the last week.
Thankfully my normal portions aren't much bigger that what I'm eating now so I probably won't be eating much more than but hopefully it'll get easier on the tummy!

I eat slower now and stop eating when I am beginning to get filled up rather than full up, as it takes the brain about 20 minutes to register you are full, too late then if you are stuffed. By stopping when you are getting comfortably filled I haven't suffered that really stuffed bloated feeling.

Yeah I'm stopping as soon as I've had enough (my mum always said to leave the table wanting more) never good to force things down, I think the bloating is coming from LT atm which is annoying. Will it do much harm if I switch to cereal or yoghurt for breakfast before the end of the first week? I'm tempted to if my stomach doesn't get any better before Tuesday (first exam).

I would stick to the refeed unless you were going to exchange your shake for some protein, eggs, ham etc, because if you go to cereal which is higher in carbs you could refill your glycogen levels too quickly which would show as a gain on the scales, which could have an effect on how you feel, even though its not a real weight gain.

Thanks Chelly! ^^

*facepalm* What a muppet am I? >< Completely forgot about carbs. XP
I'm definitely going to try and last out the week and hope the refeed sorts out my hormones but I'll definitely avoid the carbs if I do have to switch early!

Had my tea with some lovely tasting apple and blackcurrant squash.
Had turkey, cucumber and beetroot. Managed about half of it, I'm finding the beetroot is the most filling so far! (As you might have guessed by now I like things separated.)
DSC00138.jpg

Last edited:
Woke up at about half 2 today then didn't get up til 3. >< Had to go out right away so I've only just had something to eat, tbh I wasn't hungry with all we had to do so it wasn't a problem. Atm I'm having a big glass of orange juice and yoghurt, going to wait til about 9 and have some tea.

Ah rice was good today!
Did rice plain with a chopped up egg and kept half of it for later. It was extremely filling so I didn't have anything else with it.

Just about to have my bread for the day, not sure what I'm going to do with it yet though.

Last edited:
I have had rice once or twice and loved it too. I had pasta this week for the first time.

Enjoy your bread, I love a sandwich when I am in work, nice and filling.

Back