September Starters... I hope!

jellyface

Hi! I'm hoping to start lighter life on Sunday - I have my first meeting with then. I'm just abit aprehensive, I keep reading forums hoping for a little reasurance that for £70 odd it will work, but I am generally met by some very bitter people.

I have tried every diet possible, Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Rosemary Connely, Slim Fast, even hunger surpressors, the most I have managed to loose is just over a stone. I'm only 25 and need to loose about 5 stone.

Would really love some encouraging words about the diet and maybe to hear from others in my situation.

Thanks x:eek:

Hi Jelly

The first time I heard about LL I thought people were completely bonkers to do it. But here I am 9 months down the line, 6 stone lighter and I have maintained that for the last 8 weeks and fully intend to maintain it for good now.

It works if you stick to it, its the hardest but also the easiest diet I have done. I still do not get hungry despite having food in my life again. I have learned to make the right choices.

Go for it, stick to it and watch the lbs disappear.
If you can click on my album I have some pics in there.

Hi Jellyface,

DO IT! I too am your age (well, almost 27, but close enough!), and had 6 stone to lose... I'm only just in my third week but already my clothes are falling off me and I feel great!

I had heard about LL a year or two ago, but it took hitting the 16st mark for me to think 'enough's enough' - you definitely need to start off in the right mindset... personally I wanted to spend a bit of my 20's as a slimbo so I can wear outrageous clothes and enjoy my social life etc more...

As for whether or not it will work? YES! There is no way it can't work, if you stick to it you WILL lose the weight - and quicker than on any other diet I know of!

It costs £66 per week, and that includes everything you need (water flavorings are extra - £9 per tub - but each tub should last you well over a month, so it's not too bad).... personally I was a nightmare shopper and would spend around £100 in the supermarket PLUS about £6 per day on lunch/coffee etc... so £66 a week is a bargain for a whole new life! Have had to resort to shopping in charity shops for new clothes though as I am dropping dress sizes too regularly and it is only the early days :D

If you want to do it, just do it! 5-6 months out of your life is 'nothing' in the greater scheme of things... in fact, you'll earn back at least that in longer life expectancy, so you can kinda balance it out that way!!

Good luck if you choose to join us! :):):):):):)

Annaphylactic x

I lost my weight with lighterlife 2 1/2 years ago - admittedly I strayed at the beginning of this year and put some weight back on - but I am now back in control.
Before this I was a morbidly obese adult whose life expectancy was 10 years less than it is now!
Go for it - enjoy it and take the counselling in to store for the future

Wow! Thankyou everybody! I will def be trying LL now as I have just organised a meetup with loads of old friends at Christmas. It is expensive, but as a teacher it means I can stop spending loads in the canteen at lunch! Thankyou all for the advice and support and I will let you all know when my new LL diet starts! xx

Just wanted to add to everyone elses comments... It definitely works if YOU want it to!! I've lost just shy of 12 stone now... if I can achieve that, any one can if they are determined! Good luck Jellyface :D

Nearly One Week In!

So, I am on day 5..... I officially cannot stand any of the soups and so am living on shakes and bars (not too bad really). Did anyone else get a constant feeling of sickness though? The first two days were fine and I lost 4lbs at my drop in, i'm just managing the water (finding it hard) but just feel really, really sick! Anyone else suffering? xxxx

So, I am on day 5..... I officially cannot stand any of the soups and so am living on shakes and bars (not too bad really). Did anyone else get a constant feeling of sickness though? The first two days were fine and I lost 4lbs at my drop in, i'm just managing the water (finding it hard) but just feel really, really sick! Anyone else suffering? xxxx

Hi Jellyface!

I am on day 3. I am feeling really sick too. I'm all fevery too. I dont feel hungry, but I do struggle with the soups, except the chicken one. I cannot wait to have a bar tomorrow. I am craving solid food like mad!

I am absolutely sure that I am feeling ill because my body is withdrawing from the high sugar diet i was on before. I was expecting as much in fairness.

B x

Yay and Nay.

Hey,

Well I managed to loose 10.5lbs in my first week, which is amazing! But then went for my pop in last night and only managed 1/2 a pound, so I'm really upset. Trying hard to drink the water and eat all 4 packs a day but feel like I'm failing. Still not cheated though which is a good sign.xxxx

10.5lbs in your first week and you feel like your failing! :eek:

Stop being so hard on yourself - the pop ins are exactly that - pop ins. Your weigh in is the time that matters.....so look forward to it. You have a great start to build on.

Follow the plan and the results will speak for themselves :D
Good luck with your next weigh in....

GO FOR IT!!!

xxx

Back