September starters

Needs2losealot

Hi everybody my names sam i lost just over 3st with slimming world back in march this year i was feeling fantastic and looking forward to the future then i got hit by a car and i gained 1st 7lbs not being able to be as active.I was at my wits end and decided to leave slimming world and i joined Lighterlife. In 5 weeks i lost 1st 7lbs and 13 inches from all over my body i must admit i did pick while on LL and thats a big NO NO so i would end up beating myself up about it.Then i went on hoilday for 2 weeks and i ate and gained 6lbs. I found it really hard to get back on the plan and started eatting more and more then i got swineflu and had to miss group so i carried on eatting it's been 4 weeks since i done LL and i have gained 12lbs.I have come to realise that over the many years of dieting that any diet plan will work if your mentally ready. I think that the support you get from LL is better than slimming world if slimming world had the counselling LL gives it would be fantastic.I lost 9lbs in my first week with sw and i lost 9lbs in my first week with LL.LL guranatees a 3st weight loss in 14 weeks well last night at at sw a lady lost 3st in 12 weeks my point is what ever diet plan you do if your 100% ready and committed you will have great losses i have met and had such great support form the LL ladies and i wish them well but for me slimming world is the best plan and i have joined my local tuesday group last night i look forward to getting to know all you sw guys and i hope together with each others support we can melt away the lbs.

x x x sam x x x :D

Oh my gosh, you have had a rough few months, I hope you are back to full health now.

Welcome back to SW, and welcome to the forum, and good luck with your weight loss. X

Welcome to site and hope you have a fantastic time here. We will give you all the support you need and a good beating when necessary too lol, but the main thing is to enjoy yourself here. good luck.xx

Thanks guys feel welcome already x x x x sam x x x x

Hey Sam!
I've just moved over from LL as well!! I was realising the weight loss wasn't that amazing in comparisson to sw and gym! i had no energy to work out on LL so it evens itself out in my mind! Plus i was going insane on LL but i do agree with the councelling, ive decided to do CBT with a therapist to try and beat my food deamons for good! I do disagree with the fact LL promote food as a fuel not to be enjoyed because food is enjoyable im never going to change my mind on that!! :)
hope your first week is amazing!
xoxo

Good Luck

I agree with the counselling thing, and it was after 6 months of counselling for severe depression that I plucked up the courage to walk outside my door and join a class and face one of the symptoms which has added to the depression. Since I joined my psychologist has been impressed with steps I am taking in all areas of my life to take control of it again. Baby steps, but it's a start, I don't want to take anti depressants for the rest of my life!

The support from both your class and these boards will go some way, but might be worth looking into counselling services in your area if you think you will benefit from them.

**hugs**
Cobweb x

Hiya Rach

I remember you from the LL forum so glad you have decided to do sw i could see like me you were having a hard time.All that behind us now it's a new start and how nice is it to think we can eat i feel normal again.

Today i have had - BREAKFAST - 2 weetabix a cup of green tea
a glass of water.

LUNCH - 42gms low fat chedder in a salad
with carrots ,celery,apple and
14 gms of rasins (2syns).strawberry
muller light.glass of water.

DINNER - Homemade sunshine kebabs
diced chicken,natural yog with
tandoori spice on skewers with
baby plum toms,onions,pepers,&
pinapple put under the grill &
served with a salad yum yum.

What have you all had ?

x x x sam x x x

Hello Sam........i did Cambridge and started 19st 4lbs and finished at 12stone unfortunately things happen changed jobs and put some weight back on i have about 3 stone to lose i felt i nipped it in the butt quickly...........I love my new SW class, i did try going back to cambridge and lost again 9lbs in the first week but just not the same second time around but first week on SW still lost 4.5lbs so really happy Good luck with your weight loss journey hope you do really well i am sure you will
Take care luv Sharon xxxx

Cheers sharon all the best to you to.

x x x sam x x x

Were are all the september starters ?

x x x sam x x x

HI Sam and Rach! Remember me?
I too have moved to Slimming World from LL after dreaming about food pretty much every second for three weeks! I'm still losing a couple of lbs a week and enjoying myself!
Hi to everyone else, this seems a really friendly forum!
Becky xx

I'm new! *waves*
SW is my very first proper diet. I've spent far too many years eating chocolate and doing bugger all and it's time to change! Last year I managed to lose just over half a stone through eating more healthily and exercising a lot. But when my Dr changed one of my meds earlier this year I put on a stone and I just haven't been able to shift it. A friend recommended SW to me and it seemed to make a lot of sense and sounded quite easy to follow-for a diet. So, I'm gonna give it a go and start exercising properly again.

Sounds like you've had an awful time of it recently and I wish you muchos luck with your health and weightloss.
Kelly.xxx

Hiya becky & kelly

I know what you mean becky i just love my food far to much and my social life did go right out the window i was always pissed off to but i am much happier now i know when i wake up in the morning i can have my weetabix and a cuppa what a relief.

Warm welcome to you kelly slimming world is fantastic i throught i could cook before but with slimming world you will learn so many tasty recipes and new ways to cook without fat but all the flavor and takeaways just won't tast as good.

best of luck ladies lets us know how you do at weighin.My day is tuesday.

x x x Sam x x x Lets get a good support network going x

Hiya hope ya week is going well and good luck with your weigh in on tuesday mine is tuesday as well..............hope you have a fab week speak soon i hope
love sharon xxxx

Back