September Starters

Morning everyone! Well we've officially reached double figures (not that we're supposed to be counting). Hi to the new september starters, we're really getting a nice bunch on this thread.

Wytchy it looks like we've both lost our heads this week lol. Just looked at your stats and my o/h is from Stourbridge too - cool coincidence...we're heading up there tomorrow to see the in-laws.

Also - the marigold tip is helpful. Despite being in ketosis, I still get hungry! I'm sure I should be saying stuff like "who me? hungry? not for days now..." but the truth is my tummy grumbles on a daily basis around 4pm.

Yesterday when I was feeling really hungry I sat down with my diary and did a weekly target setting for w/l. I picked what I hope is an achieveable w/l figure for each week, then wrote weekly target weights in from now till Christmas. Just to see the number ticking down did huge amounts for morale. I dont' know if this is an approved LL thing but its worked wonders for me!

How is everyone doing today?

catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 1 -10th sept (wed) - 4stone
Caz789 - Cheshire - week 2 - Tuesdays - 4 stone - 8.1bs so far
Laststraw - London - week 1 - 10th sept - 3 stone

Mollysmum - Manchester - week 1 - 9th Sept - 6-7 stone
RaeB (Rachel) - West Sussex - week 1 - 10th Sept - 4 stone
SurreySlimmer - Surrey - week 1 - 10th Sept - 6.5 stone - 8lb so far
Willdoitthistime! - Surrey - to start on 10th Sept - 4 stone
Wytchy - (Kim) - Stourbridge, West Mids - Week 1 10th Sept (Wed) - 5 stone - 8lb so far

morning everyone :) hows every to day?
i have to say doing this is now second nature to me!! i dont feel tempted in any way for food or to give it up)
my bf asked me was i cheating and actually eating cause im taking to it soooo easy!! haha loved him for that!!
and he gave me money to buy a top and shoes for college on mon!! i got the top that fits perfect where as usually id buy the one with a bit of room!! may buy a new bra tomorro have gone from a 38 inc to 34inc already and all my other ones are sooo uncomfortable!! woo hoo!!
going to have my dinner now!! (choc shake)!!1

Hello Lovelies!!!

SS - REALLY??Stourbridge?? My goodness that is such a coincidence - where abouts does he hail from? No-one ever knows where Stourbridge is when I tell them - perhaps we can go for coffee when you head up this way again xx

I've left my Marigold at work and I'm gutted!!! Not that I need it particularly but I just enjoy it as a different taste. Stoopid me was in town too today and I forgot to get another tub. Eejit!!

I've just had my vanilla with a spoon of coffee dissolved first, then added ice cubes - it was FAB!! It went really thick and bubbly - just like a certain American coffee chain's latte!! YUM!!

Catz - it's lovely that you OH is supporting so well. Great news on the new clothes too eh?!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone! x

Hi All, I too am struggling today, it didn't start off well as I had to pop into work (I'm a nurse) and everyone, so it seemed were eating sausage sandwiches, the smell was delicious! I wouldn't mind I don't normally eat sausages so what was that all about? Still, here I am and I've not succumbed yet. I've also just had a vanilla shake and coffee mixed with hot water, absolutely divine, I even tried to lick the cup out. Still having trouble with lumps though.
Keep up the good work everyone.

evening everyone, i went to my first drop in and lost 6 lb since wednesday! ive been told to drink more water, dont like the taste of it so i got the organge flavour its well expensive at 9 pounds a little pot but it taste lovely, i also had an americano in starbucks put some sweetners and it was lovely first really sweet thing in 4 days, feeling v emotional this evening, partly my axinety but bf is being lovely and understanding! ive relised food is a big part to ur relationship we alway went out for dinner, cooking dinner was a activity for both of us, anyways cant b now ,

Be strong ladies .... it will be worth it in the end

I'm keeping myself busy - got all of my old cross stitch packs out that I didn't bother finishing from years ago so I need to focus on those. :)

I keep getting talked to about trying the CD plan instead of LL - GAH!! I dunno what to do!

Edit: Hippychicken!!! Very well done to you hun!! 6lbs is amazing for such a short space of time x

Hi All, I too am struggling today, it didn't start off well as I had to pop into work (I'm a nurse) and everyone, so it seemed were eating sausage sandwiches, the smell was delicious! I wouldn't mind I don't normally eat sausages so what was that all about? Still, here I am and I've not succumbed yet. I've also just had a vanilla shake and coffee mixed with hot water, absolutely divine, I even tried to lick the cup out. Still having trouble with lumps though.
Keep up the good work everyone.

Can I suggest you invest in a stick blender hun - honestly the lumps in the soup especially were enough to turn me off it for life - but then I tried the stick blender and whisked it properly and it's SO much nicer. It makes the shakes creamier and frothier and the soup lump free. Hope this helps. xxx I think Asda have them in for as little as £8.00 - probably cheaper if you look around. x

I know that feeling well. It's like food is a friend that you turn to for comfort, reward, a boredom buster....... we just need something that will replace that "friend". Wasn't really such a good friend was it? Look what it's done to us!! xxxx

Can I suggest you invest in a stick blender hun - honestly the lumps in the soup especially were enough to turn me off it for life - but then I tried the stick blender and whisked it properly and it's SO much nicer. It makes the shakes creamier and frothier and the soup lump free. Hope this helps. xxx I think Asda have them in for as little as £8.00 - probably cheaper if you look around. x

my tesco one was 5 pounds

i think thats another reason im so emotional ive relised that i have done this to myself and im having to pay the price as in give up food for a while, if i didnt have it as my friend i wouldnt put myself though this now! im sorry im waffleing i feel better when i get it out, as im quite a thinker

HC - well done on that fab loss so far spec for not even a full week xxx

MH - im having trouble with lumps in the choc shake no mater if i shake or use a big blender it doesnt help it!! ts turning me right off them!! may invest in a stick blender and see what that does!!

KW - hope ur feeling a little better now..just think it will get better xxx

wytchy hes been fab, even making me stand up so he can tell me where i look smaller all ready haha only thing is im still not getting proper kisses haha but suppose its a small price to pay!!

wheres everyone from? i live in welwyn garden cityy, hertfordshire,
i would recomend the stick blender, i keep buying bath things now! just brought another body butter and sanctuary exfoliating glove, its for my new thing, the body butters smell lovely and its like im eating them but not as they r on my body if u get me!

do you have to plug the stick bender in or is it battery operated, also has anyone tried bio oil to help with skin as the weight starts to come off, I know I'll be left with something but I'll try anything I can do to help with the final look

Hello - Newbie

Hi everyone,
Ive just found this site and so am very new, no tickers or pics or anything.

Im on Day 4 of LL although Im afraid I fell off the wall and so have got to officially start all over again so I suppose its day 1.

Im finding it quite tough, Im very hungry and feel very low and tired.

Been reading all your posts and you are all doing amazingly well! - its so nice to have found a place where we are experiencing the same things.

no i dont use gloves laststraw, but im bit upset with last night body butter as it has made me come out in a rash! so cant really use one tonight, and as i feel quite crappy was looking forwards to it o well hopfullly the rash will clear up by tomorrow and ill use different one then

SS - REALLY??Stourbridge?? My goodness that is such a coincidence - where abouts does he hail from? No-one ever knows where Stourbridge is when I tell them - perhaps we can go for coffee when you head up this way again xxx

Morning everyone! Wytchy I'd love to meet up for coffee next time we're up in Stourbridge. It all feels a bit serendipitous.
How is everyone this morning? I can't believe I've got the first post of the day.
Sorry I missed some tears yesterday, we were on the road to visit in-laws. I hope everyone is feeling ok, remember that sometimes you just have to let you body cry if it needs to. I was in floods yesterday at about 3pm. My Mother-in-law, I'm sure, thinks I'm a loon.
Did everyone have a pop-in over the weekend? If its already been talked about sorry, I'm a bit out of the loop lol!

Back