September Starters

Morning all.

**Waves to SS cos I can see that you're online**;)

I personally havent' been for any weigh in - just once a week for me.

So didn't want to come to work this morning. My bad mood of yesterday has spilled over into today although i don't think it's 'quite' as bad.

Off to make my shake. Deep. Joy.

lol

Have a good day everyone!! xxx

Hi Wytchy! Just read your blog update - I totally know what you mean about being emotional around food! You are not alone. Eating has been such a big emotional issue for us for so long, we are going through a sort of withdrawl. I felt much the same in the White Horse (you'll know where I mean) as everyone was walking back to the table with plates piled high. Me? Just a black coffee... but today I feel incredibly proud that, even though it totally sucked, I survived my first Sunday roast without food.

:)Morning all

How is everyone? I see that quite a few people are feeling crap - me too! The weekend was bad - felt really tired, really low, really sick, foggy head and my little chatter box was screaming "why are you doing this"? !! And I am fed up with the diarrhoea:mad: BUT I do feel a bit better this morning - I am on day 5. I hope I can do this.

It really helps to come onto this forum and read all your posts. My daughter informed me yesterday "you used to be a laugh - what happened!!!!!" Lighter Life happened!! Roll on week 14 :)

Good luck everyone - lets get through today.

Love Suzanne x

:)Morning all

How is everyone? I see that quite a few people are feeling crap - me too! The weekend was bad - felt really tired, really low, really sick, foggy head and my little chatter box was screaming "why are you doing this"? !! And I am fed up with the diarrhoea:mad: BUT I do feel a bit better this morning - I am on day 5. I hope I can do this.

It really helps to come onto this forum and read all your posts. My daughter informed me yesterday "you used to be a laugh - what happened!!!!!" Lighter Life happened!! Roll on week 14 :)

Good luck everyone - lets get through today.

Love Suzanne x

You can do this, you can get through this.
I have noticed there is sooo much support and love on this forum, it has made me so eager to get started..

good morning im day 6 it has gone quite fast i say roll on week 14 too! ive been having to deal with v bad tooth ache since i started but its got a lot worst today was up every 2 hours to go wee and tooth hurting thank goodness im not working today i have hole in tooth so need it taken out my v scared of denitst so having it done at hosptial but cant wait much longer it so painfull all the time now, took to many tablets last night 6 nurofen so feeling v groggy cant sleep dont know what to do with myself

Hi Suzanne,

There is a thread somewhere posted by Icemoose about VLCD which changed my way of thinking I just cannot find the link now.
It says something along the lines of some people look at VLCD's as a prison and others as a tool to freedom. I think its something like that.
When you do feel down like that the only thing you can do is to remind yourself why you started and what you want to achieve.

I had days like that too where I didn't know where I would find the energy to get out of bed let alone go to work. But it changed I got used to it and then the energy kicked in and I was fine.

Hang in there, you are doing this for you. and you can do it and get through it.
And there is always Mini's for when you really need a shoulder to lean on.
Good luck.

do you have to plug the stick bender in or is it battery operated, also has anyone tried bio oil to help with skin as the weight starts to come off, I know I'll be left with something but I'll try anything I can do to help with the final look

Hi medhurst - I've just ordered some bio-oil for stretch marks. I'll keep you posted on how it goes, but after reading the review sites it looks hopeful. Also, I'm looking for a portable blender to take away in a few weeks so if you find one that works, can you post details?

Ah thank you for your replies. Although I feel low, I do feel very determined. Icemoose is a wonderful inspiration - he made it look so easy!!

HC - I have had bad toothache too since getting started. I have lived on Anadin extra's for the last 5 days and just made an emergency appointment at the dentist for 10:30. I think, what with all the other side effects, you just feel wrecked. It will get better though. Hope you feel better soon. Toothache is horrible.

Lynn - when are you starting? Despite all this, it is very exciting to be doing something positive and thinking of being slim by Xmas!

ive had this for about a 2 months so i kow its not to do with LL , i just need to have tooth out so badly the densit is soo crappy, she is like yes it takes a long time to have it done at hosptials im like what baout emergency ones what about them,

Good morning everyone. I hope that you all feel a bit better this week. My weekend was generally OK, I managed to cook dinner for my OH on Saturday (the first time since I started LL) and I felt very proud of myself for not picking/tasting. Last night was hard as he cooked himself dinner that smelt very, very good and then left some food out to cool down before it went in the fridge (along with loads of pots and pans in the sink). I managed to put the food away without trying some, although my stomach was grumbling like mad!

Does everyone else have a loud grumbing stomach? We couldn't hear the TV on Saturday night! I've decided that it's all the fat getting munched up, so the louder the better (unless it's in my interview this afternoon).

Sorry to hear about the toothache Hippychicken, that must be awful. Wytchy and Willdoitthistime, hope you both lose that awful crap feeling this week. I guess we are all going to face so many ups and downs on our journey. If I feel a bit down I try to write my feelings down and then concentrate on the difference I can see already. It seems to get me through after a few hours, but then maybe the blues haven't hit me that bad yet.

Anyway good luck for the next week, positive thoughts for all those weigh ins and stick at it, we can do this together.

Hi all!

Looks like many of us are feeling a little down. For me I think it is that I feel so much better because I can notice that my clothes are fitting better but then realising I have so much further to go. I just can't quite picture myself fitting into that smaller pair of jeans yet. Gosh I'm so impatient!! For the first time I am missing food too! Just had coffee with a friend and she sat and ate toast in front of me - and she's skinny!!

I'm determined to see this through I just guess I should be taking one day at a time and remind myself that I'm losing 1/2 lb of lard (lol) a day. I WILL DO THIS!!!!!!

This forum is great too - we are all in this together and we will get through this together. GOT IT!!!!!

:wave_cry:ARGHHHHHH!!! I have a water infection now! How I need this right now.... with all the water we have to drink it's probably a good thing but I'm going to have to take some Cystopurin which will knock me out of ketosis I reckon.

Oh well - can't stand the pain so i will have to just run with it .... literally! :confused:

Im exited about weigh in tonight. Its week 2 for me. curious to see what Ive lost. my home scales are rubbish.

Morning all,

Wytchy - you poor thing! I hope you're on the mend. It's such a miserable thing to have. :sick0019: Hope my graphic isn't too graphic, but it made me laugh!

Good luck to the girls with w/i's tonight. I hope all goes well. :party0011:

I seem to be the only one on here still having pop-ins. I went for my mid-week w/i (and to pee on a stick) on Sat and had lost a sneaky 5pounds which was totally unexpected. It definitely gives you a boost to see it ticking down!

I know I've already written about it, but I really found listing all my target weights for the coming weeks very inspiring. Now I can flick through my diary and see how much I'll weigh next month etc...

Hope we're all doing well today.

Good luck to the Weigh In ladies this evening!!!

SS - ROFL!! Thanks for that smiley - better not laugh too hard tho cos you know what comes with constipation ........ :rolleyes: Yep - them too!! GAH!! I'm in a world of pain lately!!

Well done on that sneaky 5lbs loss!!

How are we all today then? I'm back to my usual self after a bad day on Sunday - had a wobble whilst cutting birthday cake last night but rose above it :p

WI for me tomorrow eve. Really don't know what to expect although I HAVE to have lost something - I can't be the weight I am surviving on just over 500 cals a day and not lost - it wouldn't make sense!

I hate scales!! Years of SW and WW have made them my enemy - that's another issue I shall have to address!

Oh these issues!!

Have a great day all!!!

Yay - wi day! That's another week I can tick off for foundation. 2 gone, 12 to go! It's gone pretty quick when you think about it (and don't think about food lol).

Feeling better today. Got to finish off my 'homework' for tonight. Hope i've lost something nerves coming back but not as bad as last week.

Wytchy, sorry to hear about your pain/s. Hopefully will be sorted out soon. Don't know about whether it will take you out of ketosis but you'll still be loosing weight! Hope your son's birthday went well.

Good luck to everyone weighing in tonight. Keep us updated!

hi, i should be starting next week wed 25th sept, my G.p has the form, so i will collect ASAP, feeling a bit anxious, as i have done CD in the past and failed, but managed to lose 2 stones on it, and have kept it off. so you all will be seeing me around lots, bye xxx

Back