September Starters

Ok well back from the Docs and it appears that I have pyelonephritis - a nasty kidney infection which would explain the shakes and the temperature. A course of strong antibiotics has been prescribed and Doc has signed me off work for a week.:cry: No wonder I feel so awful.

That can't be much fun Wytchy, but at least you know what it is now and hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly and you'll start to feel better soon.

Has Doc confirmed you should carry on with LL?

Sorry to hear you're under the weather Wytchy but at least you know what it is now and hopefully you will be on the mend soon. Stick at it - if you can get through the next fews days then i'm sure it will be easier then!

Hi to all new peeps! Good luck for your first week!

I had a busy weekend and a test for me yesterday. My son was playing in a rugby tournament all day so it was picnic time, along with the constant smell of burgers and sausages. Well I took my shake and felt content. Couldn't believe it. Didn't feel hungry or that I had missed out. Oh and my son's team got through to the final but lost!

Ok well back from the Docs and it appears that I have pyelonephritis - a nasty kidney infection which would explain the shakes and the temperature. A course of strong antibiotics has been prescribed and Doc has signed me off work for a week.:cry: No wonder I feel so awful.

You poor thing! But on the up side, its good to know that its not a bad reaction to LL as you're part of the SStarters glue! :D Hope you've got your feet up and plenty of water nearby.

How is everyone getting on today?

Thanks ladies - it's not pleasant but it's a huge relief to know it's not LL related.

TBH I didn't mention the programme to him because he was the one who told me he wasn't going to sign the form and I felt so rubbish when I went in that I couldn't be doing with any more flak from him.

As the last thing i could stomach right now is food then I think the packs are just what I need. xxx

Good luck to the newbie starters!!! Thanks for your support ladies xxx

hello everyone not been on here for a while as ive been so busy, had busy weekend but i have been doing really well, went to a drop in this morning only cause i had to change the toffee bars they r just a horrible mass! lol anyways i lost 6lbs so ive lost 13lb so far v happy about it, been v happy today, weekend was nightmare with food, saturday was a 1st birthday party picnic, ive been invited to my bf sis house for my fave dinner which is really hard im not going only cause i couldnt do it and also im keeping it from a lot of people to surprise them at xmas! anyways hope everyone is well

wytchy i thought it was weird to that the 2 of us got them!!! i was crippled this morning so just went and got antibiotics for it!! no point in suffering any longer!!
im sorry urs has developed into that hope ur feeling better soon!! take it easy and get as much rest as poss!! i would have been the same and not told him bout it spec cause he was so neg!!

laststraw im feeling the same dont feel like im loosing!! in no way am i about to break it cause i no i have to loose something but hope i can get my stone this week!!!

hc - well done on the 6lbs thats brill xxx

ok so today after my course of antibiotics in me im feeling so much better!!only had 3 shakes so far so again may get my other one down soon!! only crappy thing is ive mt totm AGAIN!! thats twice in 3 weeks!!! kinda raging and hope it doesnt effect my wi!!
back wi on wed this week so thats 8 days this week so hopefully ill get a nice no!!
hope everyone doing ok xx

I went for a drop in tonight to pick up my packs for next week as LLC is on holiday and I've lost 1kg since last Wednesday. It doesn't seem much, but I know that I didn't drink as much as I should have this weekend and totm appeared (first time in 2 years). Weigh in a week on Wednesday should be good though!

thats still 2.2 lbs and its down well done xxx

Well done on the further cheeky mid-week weight losses girls!

Looking at older threads on here, it appears we can expect a bit of a plateau effect in the coming weeks, but I'm like you LS - as long as I'm maintaining the average, anything extra is gravy (or thinly mixed mushroom soup).

How is everyone feeling this morning?

SS I think you're right that we might start to hit a plateau at some stage, but the great thing is that we are all here to support each other. We can get through these challenges together.

I'm feeling good, head down and getting on with it. If I can stay abstinent for one day at a time, then 100 days will be gone before I know it! I'm also still really excited about the whole thing. I'm gonna so good for Christmas, my friends won't know what's hit them.

sept starter

Hi all

I started LL on Sat 20th and struggled day 1 and 2. This site has kept me going so thank you. Today has been a little bit better. I made crisps out of chicken soup - Fab! I have 5 stones to lose...:sign0144:
- Lynn

hello lynnstanley, i couldnt have done it without thee ladies too, just come back from my meeting, v happy lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks, my bf is at his sis for my fave dinner and im not as upset as i thought i would, still cant go and only eat soup just yet thou!
how is everyone this evening?

morning every one. good luck with everyones wi today i hope i get my stone ha!!
well done to everyone whos lost more weight dont forget to update the countdowner thing!!
last straw dont worry everyone has there own opinions and urs matter just as much sending ya loadsa hugs xxxx

Abfab September Starters List
catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 1 -10th sept (wed) - 4stone - 11.5lbs so far!
Caz789 - Cheshire - week 4 - Tuesdays - 4 stone - 16.2 lbs so far
Charlene - Welwyn, Hertfordshire, week 2 - tuesday 4st 7lbs - 7lbs
Karmawitch -Helen - Northumberland, Week 1, Thurs, 9lbs lost at pop in day 4
Laststraw - London - week 3 - Tuesdays - 3 stone - 11 lbs so far
Mollysmum - Manchester - week 1 - 9th Sept - 6-7 stone
RaeB (Rachel) - West Sussex - week 2 - Wednesday - 4 stone - 11.4 lbs so far
SurreySlimmer - Surrey - week 2 - 18th Sept - 6.5 stone - 15lb so far
Tanya Jade - Cornwall - week 1 - 18th Sept - 9 stone - 7lb so far
Willdoitthistime! - Surrey - to start on 10th Sept - 4 stone
Wytchy - (Kim) - Stourbridge, West Mids - Week 2 - 17th Sept (Wed) - 5 stone - 13lb so far

Hi gals!

Congrats HC and LS for your losses this week. It's starting to add up now isn't it!

Welcome Lynne - add yourself to our list and well done and getting through the first few days!

LS {{hugs}}. Always say what you feel otherwise you're not gonna get everything out of the counselling. Well done for that!

Wytchy - hope you're feeling better now!

I lost 3.3 lbs this week, taking me to a total of 16.2 lbs in 3 weeks which I am more than happy with. If I can not drop below the 3 lb per week I will be happy (and slim by christmas!). I can feel it on my clothes now and look slimmer when I look in the mirror. I'm losing my double chin lol. I'm going away in December and need a new passport but i'm putting it off until I look better. Don't want a 10 year passport that i'll regret lol.

Good luck to all for tonights wi. Keep us posted. x

Morning all, glad to hear that everyone's weight loss continues to go well. Am I right in thinking that none of us has hit the plateau yet? Although I shouldn't speek too soon, my w/i is tonight.
LS - hugs to you after last night. The first weeks are going to be hard at LL sessions because we don't know our group that well yet, and at the same time are supposed to open up and reveal a lot of stuff that we may not have explored yet. Don't worry about being the only one able to speak up at this stage, it might just take others a bit longer. Chances are, if you're thinking something...someone else in the room is too, she might not be brave enough to voice it yet.

For STATs fans...this might be controversial, but is it ok to change the date of our next meeting row to the date we started? We're getting some late SStarters and it might make it a bit quicker to see losses over time. That's definitely the sort of STAT that keeps me motivated. Feel free to say 'no'.

catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 1 -10th sept (wed) - 4stone - 11.5lbs so far!
Caz789 - Cheshire - week 3 - Tuesdays - 4 stone - 12.9 lbs so far
Charlene - Welwyn, Hertfordshire, week 2 - tuesday 4st 7lbs - 7lbs

Karmawitch -Helen - Northumberland, Week 1, Thurs, 9lbs lost at pop in day 4
Laststraw - London - week 4 - Tuesdays - 2.5 stone - 13lbs so far
Mollysmum - Manchester - week 1 - 9th Sept - 6-7 stone
RaeB (Rachel) - West Sussex - week 2 - Wednesday - 4 stone - 11.4 lbs so far
SurreySlimmer - Surrey - week 3 - 18th Sept - 6.5 stone - 15lb so far
Tanya Jade - Cornwall - week 1 - 18th Sept - 9 stone - 7lb so far
Willdoitthistime! - Surrey - to start on 10th Sept - 4 stone
Wytchy - (Kim) - Stourbridge, West Mids - Week 2 - 17th Sept (Wed) - 5 stone - 13lb so far

Back