September Starters

Hi gals and Andy (lol)

Sorry to hear about everyones problems and about your pets. It does show us that we turn to food for comfort.

Good luck with everyone's weigh in's. I lost 4.6 lbs this week and was convinced I hadn't lost much so very very happy!

Well done, Caz! I don't know what I've lost yet - so am a bit antsy -- guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow night :)

You're right about comfort eating - I won't go into what I'd have eaten had I not been doing this. Am actually quite proud of myself for staying firm and dedicated to it.

Surrey Slimmer - I'm reading The Beck Diet Solution - train your brain like a thin person. It's got a lot of CBT in it, and I'm hoping it will help me when I RTM.

That's so weird - that's next on my reading list! We might have to set up a SS book exchange at this rate. I've only just read the first third and so far its pretty good. A lot of the stuff is probably pitched to the me I was before I started LL, but there's a lot of helpful stuff in there that I can apply to my work as well. I'll keep you posted on how it progresses.

I've had a bit of an epiphany this afternoon - and all because the lift in our building is broken...so... after lugging my sparkling water up to the 4th floor I found I was really struggling. (I'm pretty low on energy due to a temp iron deficiency) - when I looked in my bag I found just 3 x 2ltr bottles - making a total of 6kg (that's 13lb for those not metricified) and close to just half the weight I've already lost!

So I got in and put 5 bottles in a bag - making it 10kg/22lb - and lifted it. It's REALLY heavy!!! And that's how much extra weight I was carrying around with me at the start of Sept. Talk about a bit of inspiration. Now I've got a bag of 5 bottles of water in the kitchen that I can lift up everytime I'm feeling low.

Evening all. Just got back from WI and I'm down 4.6 lbs this week. I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself after my blip last week when I didn't drink enough water.

I'm just about halfway through looking at my ticker, it feels so good just saying that! Also I had my measurements taken tonight and I've lost a total of 15 inches from my bust, waist and hips.

Does anyone else feel bloated in the evenings? I'm going without bars this week, mainly because I have no choice (LL had none) and to see if it is the bars that bloat me out.

Keep drinking the water folks!

bekimo - Birmingham - Week 3, Wednesday, 10st, lost 20lb so far (8st 8lb to go)!
catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 6 -wed - 4stone - 27.5lbs so far!
Caz789 - Cheshire - week 7 - Tuesdays - 4 stone - 27.9 lbs so far
Charlene - Welwyn, Hertfordshire, week 2 - tuesday 4st 7lbs - 7lbs
Karmawitch -Northumberland, Week 4, Thurs, 4st to loose -18lbs so far
Laststraw - London - week 8 - Tuesdays - 2.5 stone - 22lbs so far
Mollysmum - Manchester - week 6 - Tuesdays - 6-7 stone - 34lbs so far
RaeB (Rachel) - West Sussex - week 6 - Wednesday - 4 stone - 26.6 lbs so far
SerenityValley - Newcastle - week 3 - Thursdays - 7stone - 22lb so far
SurreySlimmer - Surrey - week 6 - Wednesdays - 6.5 stone - 24lb so far
Tanya Jade - Cornwall - week 3 - Wednesdays - 10 stone - 14lb so far
vintella - London - week 2 - Thursdays - 7 stone - 19.5lb so far
Willdoitthistime! - Surrey - Wednesdays - 4 stone
Wytchy - (Kim) - Stourbridge, West Mids - Week 3 - Wednesdays - 5 stone - 17lb so far

Well done RaeB!!

I've just got back from my week 4 w/i. Lost 4lb! Means I'm over a stone and a half down. Plus had my measurements done and 10.75" down!!

Not surprisingly the majority of that came off my boobs!! :cry:

Not bloated at all. I was a couple of weeks ago. But having the bars helped me. But we all have different reactions!!

B x

Oops! Forgot to Update!

bekimo - Birmingham - Week 4, Wednesday, 10st, lost 24lb so far (8st 4lb to go)!
catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 6 -wed - 4stone - 27.5lbs so far!
Caz789 - Cheshire - week 7 - Tuesdays - 4 stone - 27.9 lbs so far
Charlene - Welwyn, Hertfordshire, week 2 - tuesday 4st 7lbs - 7lbs
Karmawitch -Northumberland, Week 4, Thurs, 4st to loose -18lbs so far
Laststraw - London - week 8 - Tuesdays - 2.5 stone - 22lbs so far
Mollysmum - Manchester - week 6 - Tuesdays - 6-7 stone - 34lbs so far
RaeB (Rachel) - West Sussex - week 6 - Wednesday - 4 stone - 26.6 lbs so far
SerenityValley - Newcastle - week 3 - Thursdays - 7stone - 22lb so far
SurreySlimmer - Surrey - week 6 - Wednesdays - 6.5 stone - 24lb so far
Tanya Jade - Cornwall - week 3 - Wednesdays - 10 stone - 14lb so far
vintella - London - week 2 - Thursdays - 7 stone - 19.5lb so far
Willdoitthistime! - Surrey - Wednesdays - 4 stone
Wytchy - (Kim) - Stourbridge, West Mids - Week 3 - Wednesdays - 5 stone - 17lb so far

Great losses Rae and Bekimbo - you're both doing really well for this far into the programme...I'm still at the back of the class with a steady 3lb per/week. Not complaining though - at least it isn't going up!

I'm being a bit brave this week and have changed most of my food packs to start trying ones I've not had before. The girls in my group are loving Mushroom & Vegge soups so I'm laden with those for the week. Is anyone else finding their tastes are changing? I used to love Thai Chilli but can't even smell it now.

Yes i loved all the bars, now i dont, only the peanut bar i like..i liked thai chilly now i have gone off that, loving the veg soup tho, but only got 2 packs so ill do a swap tonight

Another 6lb off :D

congrats to everyone for their great losses, got my WI tonight not feeling very positive but you never know.
have stuck to it but been struck with the dreaded cravings all week too!

vintella
x

Wow Rach that's really good!

Vintella - you will be fine. I always feel really awful coming up to a w/i. but if u've stuck to it 100% I'm sure you will come away smiling. I always think sometimes it's better to go thinking you haven't lost a lot because then when you lose a bit more, you feel brilliant!

For example, I got weighed at the doctors for my 28 day check up and lost 2lb! That was on Tuesday, a day later, my w/i and i lost 4lb. I was over the moon!

B x

Well done everyone on their losses! I will update mine when I come back tonight from my WI. I'm nervous as this is the first week where I have no idea what my weight is (got my scales taken away from me!).

/takes away Laststraw's excel sheet. lol

I have one too - though it's veyr basic - just the date, my weight and how much I've lost.

Back