Serial Failed Dieter....Gonna do it this time tho!

Hi all, I've lost count of how many diets I've done over the past 12 years. Still remember my first trip to a WW class and my starting weight was 9st 12lb!!! :confused: (what I'd give to be that again!). Anyway, tried every diet going but now know that SW is the best one for me. I've still managed to fail that one though and re-registered twice in the past year and, you guessed it, now weight more than what I did when I started! I've decided to try and do it myself, following the SW plan without going to the classes, risky I know but I'm a bit more determined now and really want to lose a stone by Crimbo.

Wish me luck and provide me with the motivation I need...please :whip:

Heya hun welcome!!
Good luck on your weight loss journey, im sure you will do well if you put your mind and determination to it! :)

Hello and welcome to the forum.theres a sw section here that you could sort of use as a replacement to going to a class.people set challenges here too,so jump it and get started,you'll do fine.

good luck

xoxo

Hie

Welcome an good luck. You only fail when you give up but since you keep getting up when you stumble then you are sure to meet your goals

Hi there, starting today too - 18st 9lbs with creaky knees. Hoping to share this journey with people in the same boat and provide support & encouragement to each other

Welcome to Minimins! The best forum ever for support and advice to help with weight loss :D

If you're looking for motivation I suggest popping down to the SW section. There are food diaries and challenges that are great for keeping you motivated and on track. Also great for support when you're having one of those weaker moments and start questioning why you started losing weight in the first place!

Good luck with your weight loss, I hope to see you around!

Hi there, starting today too - 18st 9lbs with creaky knees. Hoping to share this journey with people in the same boat and provide support & encouragement to each other

Welcome to you too Slim!

There's loads of support and encouragement around here, so I hope you find Minis helpful in helping you with your weight loss.

Good luck!

Hi all, I've lost count of how many diets I've done over the past 12 years. Still remember my first trip to a WW class and my starting weight was 9st 12lb!!! :confused: (what I'd give to be that again!). Anyway, tried every diet going but now know that SW is the best one for me. I've still managed to fail that one though and re-registered twice in the past year and, you guessed it, now weight more than what I did when I started! I've decided to try and do it myself, following the SW plan without going to the classes, risky I know but I'm a bit more determined now and really want to lose a stone by Crimbo.

Wish me luck and provide me with the motivation I need...please :whip:
Well hun you've certainly come to the right place for motivation...also support and help! We're all friendly here and are always only too pleased to help a fellow dieter get the motivation they're needing on their down days.

:welcome2: to the forums by the way!

I used to be 9st...what I'd give to be that again as well! I'm determined to become it again though and I have gone from 14st to 12st 10lbs since I started my diet. I've still got a fair way to go but I'm going to succeed and I'll be taking this 1stone at a time until I'm at my target weight.

I'm glad that you've found the right diet for you, sounds like you've got the right frame of mind and determination so far on your own - but don't worry we're all here to help along the way too!

A stone by Christmas sounds sensible to me. I want similar for myself - you should come join us on one of the challenge threads, its really motivational and helpful to be in one and can help you keep track of your weekly losses too.

Anyway I've rambled enough there (typical of me! :p ) so I'll let you get on and enjoy the forums. Remember don't be shy and ask as many questions as you like! Chat soon! :) X

Good luck, you'll make it this time ;)

Thanks for all your replies. I'm gonna go over to the challenges section and see what's there. Decided that I'm going to weight myself on a Saturday morning (as I used to attend a Sat morning class). I can then allow myself a little bit of slack on a Saturday night with having something that tops the syns...only slightly tho! Just weighted myself just now and I've lost 5lb since Monday :D! I am now questioning whether my scales are right though...just remembered I weighted myself with shoes on for my first weight-in and they were wedge style shoes so realistically I've prob lost 3lb but it's certainly motivated me. Then I just had a syn free breakie of bacon, beans, mushrooms and egg...yum....

Speak to you again soon.

ahh breakfast sounded yummy... oh food how I miss thee... hehe Im on total meal replacement so I dont get to actually eat proper food anymore.

Im sure your find the forum really helpful to keep you motivated, if you have a look in the photo section, your see people who have lost HUGE amounts of weight in relatively short amounts of time, I found that really motivated me, because I got into the mind set that I couldnt do diets but seeing others diet and do well, really drove me on, also keep posting, even if you have a bad day, tell people about it and they will help motivate you to keep on trying.

I had been dieting for nearly 10 years on and off before I joined here, and now since May the 25th of this year I have lost 40lbs, couldnt have done it without the support of minimins members!

Well done you! I need to have a diet that I can eat "normal" food and food that I can feed to the whole family and so far they like SW meals.

Had a chicken blackbean with b.rice from chinese last night, only 5 syns, I need to be able to eat like this or I'll be a really sad person. Means it'll take longer for me to lose the weight but I'll get there eventually!

You've done really well, keep going, losing a stone will be a first for me as I always tend to fall off the wagon when I lose about 11lb!! :confused:

Just bidding on a treadmill on ebay that ends shortly so I'll find out if I've got that and hopefully that'll boost the loss!

Exercising will deff help, I lost all of my weight while on bed rest and re-coup from smashing my leg up in an accident so only just been back on my feet without crutches for about a month now am allowed to do light gym work again now, so hopefully I can start getting moving a lot more that will help shift the bulge!

Back