Serious Christmas Challenge

I'm in! Really finding it hard with all the invites for Christmas meals and such, way too much temptation. I never properly let it all go and I don't plan on, but even a little bit tips it over. I really want to loose another 3lbs by Christmas, as that would take me to Club 10, 1.5 stone award & below obese on the BMI chart so it's an important goal.

However- the amount of meals out etc and works Christmas party it's all very hard. I've got a couple of strategies.

I think I will have to 'cheat' and try and reduce the syns on each individual 'danger meal' eg:
Yesterday was invited for a gingerbread latte & cake at starbucks (which would have come to over 30 syns), I was so good and just had a skinny cappuchino with SF hazelnut (one HeXa, and no syns).

I normally count syns on a daily basis, and usually stick around 8 or so, sometimes much less, one day I week I go over (to like 20 or 30) and have still had on average a loss of 2.25lbs a week for the past 8 weeks.

I will try to eat free food before going to meals so i'm not really really hungry.

In addition, there are ways of making things 'Christmassy' tastes to them eg. putting cinnamon onto fruit, etc.

I am a veggie & don't drink so hopefully that will cut back on some temptation as I am never tempted into eating meat or drinking alcohol, but it's all the choccies, cake, coffees with sugar, meals with oil & cheese, that's often hard to avoid this time of year!

If anyone has any strategies to add then please do. Thanks everyone.

I am sooooo in! I've been so good up to now, I wanted to lose two stone before Xmas and I've almost hit target in 7 weeks (0.5lbs to go). I'd absolutely hate to see all my hard work get flushed because of Xmas goodies! I totally believe it's doable, a little lenience on Xmas day but otherwise keep in control! What I'm trying to tell myself is that there is no excuse to eat bad food at this time of year, there is not more of it, it's the same amount just shoved in your face, if I can resist the rest of the year I can at Xmas! I'm going to fill my Xmas lunch with meat and veg, that way I'll be full before the sweet treats come out. I will also be baking a sw banoffee cake (3syns/slice) to take along with me, just incase! Personally jan is a difficult month for me as it is for most people, big Xmas come down and I'd hate to depress myself more by putting on pounds! So here's to fun festivities and shrinking waists :) good luck everyone :) x x

I'm in as well!! I really want 100lbs off by the end of April, nearly halfway there now, and doing this should help keep me on the straight and narrow!!!

I'm in:) ive only got 10lb till target and don't want any set backs now . Planning only Xmas day off and gonna be goodish still . Plenty of fruit & veg . I'm hoping for at least a sts

This is fantastic, wish you all good luck!
I'll be going nuts on Xmas day, well, I won't be counting. Champagne breakfast is planned! I weigh on the Tues after Xmas, and despite plans to run boxing day and Tuesday, I think I may still see a (small) gain.

I'll be good the other 364 days...

x

I'm in no way do I want to fall off the wagon over xmas and its my hardest time of year.
I do plan to have a couple of baileys on xmas day :)

I will be indulging on xmas day. Not bothering with weightloss for that one day! I have a work xmas do and 2 social occasions before then which will hopefully be manageable!

Photogirl, we have the same stats sort of. same height but your weight loss is better than mine. good luck over christmas.

I want in!!!

I have 4.5 lbs to target...maybe readjust in jan for another 7lbs.

But...I'd love to get the 4.5lbs off by jan 1st!!

Missed WI this wk cos I was ill and I believe it has set me bk, which is why I am more determined to stick to it over Christmas!!

The day meal should be fine - it's the turkey sandwhiches which r a killer for me!!! I LOVE them! Turkey, stuffing and little extras all in WHITE BREAD!!!! Oh the pain it will be this year to have mini wholemeal bread and plain turkey lol.

But we can do it!!!
I'd even like a little loss tbh!! I am going to up the exercise and limit 'treats' during the rest of the festive period!

Good luck everyone!!!

R we going to post our WI losses/STS (or different) wk after Christmas?

Count me in! I've just rejoined so am aiming to lose 7lb in December so every week counts!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I want in!!!

I have 4.5 lbs to target...maybe readjust in jan for another 7lbs.

But...I'd love to get the 4.5lbs off by jan 1st!!

Missed WI this wk cos I was ill and I believe it has set me bk, which is why I am more determined to stick to it over Christmas!!

The day meal should be fine - it's the turkey sandwhiches which r a killer for me!!! I LOVE them! Turkey, stuffing and little extras all in WHITE BREAD!!!! Oh the pain it will be this year to have mini wholemeal bread and plain turkey lol.

But we can do it!!!
I'd even like a little loss tbh!! I am going to up the exercise and limit 'treats' during the rest of the festive period!

Good luck everyone!!!

R we going to post our WI losses/STS (or different) wk after Christmas?

I don't know. I think it will be up to the individual. My consultant has promised me two stickers if i loose.

I lost 3.5 lbs this week!! (I did miss last wk for illness but I'm still v happy)

Meaning just 1 pound to go for my initial target!!!

I need that off for next thurs WI and then I'll def have the motivation to stick to plan Christmas week as I won't want my target sticker taking off me!!!

How's everyone else doing?? X

I am sure you will be okay. was it a nice doughnut, never had one of those.

I lost 3lbs this week taking me to just under 200lbs for the first time in 6 years. i would love to loose 3lbs this week as it will be 1stone.

Jael said:
Wow. Well done on the amazing loss. Well, 3 course meal last night, 8 alcoholic non SW friendly drinks, a mcdonalds meal and sone galaxy later, I'm worried for Wednesday. And yes. The doughnuts are worth the hype. Melt in the mouth amazing

I'm with you a tgi Fridays, non sw friendly Chinese meal a galaxy ripple or two chocolate muffin and I'm worried ive put my 2.5lb back on! So much for me starting before Xmas to not get bigger!! Oh well let's draw a line under it and get back on sw wagon tomorrow xx
Good luck chick

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh I'm feeling brave and I'll join you :) In group this week only me and one other lady said they'd like to lose weight for next week. I was quite surprised, to be honest!

I've had such an up and down weight loss journey so far, so I really want to finish the year on a weight loss rather than a weight gain - fingers crossed :)

Good luck everyone!

Back