seroquelXL

Your still seriously under eating
and are in danger of the whole thing getting its grip on you leading to serious problem later on

the only reason you have lost half a stone since Sunday is due to water loss
and with water loss you lose vital nutrients your body needs

thanks for your opinions, i cant seem to stop though and im enjoying it so youre wasting your breath :( im a lost cause...

day 4:food

ok day 4's food included: 1 weetabix, 2 rice cracker with philly and a salad wrap totalling.......285 calories

seroquels working great and i dont feel my weight loss is being distrupted by it, infact ive pretty much lost most of my appetite...perhaps the medications actualy aiding my weight loss

Hi Red,

Our members are very concerned with what you are doing as it is not healthy to be eating so few calories as you will be starving your body of essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements that all go into keeping your body healthy and you run the risk of seriously damaging your health.

Does your doctor know that you are doing a very low calorie diet like this as I would guess he might need to regulate your medication.

Not at all Red. The joy of a forum such as this is that we have access to tons and tons of people, all of whom have different experiences that can help. I have learnt so much from others on here. For example, I had no idea, that even if I was to lie in bed all day, doing nothing, my body needs around 1200 calories just for my vital organs to continue to function healthily. Any exercise (even day to day living stuff), increases our body's normal need for calories. The risk of going on a very low calorie diet, and the cause of many people yo-yo-ing with their weight, is that our bodies panic if we are eating too little. I've done it in the past - lost weight, put it on, lost weight, put it on ... Apart from damage to our bodies (including internal organs), our bodies can start to hold on to food in fear that we are in 'starvation'. As far as I understand, this is one of the reasons that we can tend to put all our weight back on, and more, at the end of the diet. I am sure that is not your aim. I have been counting calories for a couple of months, and am steadily losing weight, despite eating around 1200 - 1400 calories per day. But then, with normal daily activities my body probably needs around 2000 so I am still eating less than I need, which causes my body to draw on my 'substantial' fat supply to make up the difference. Does that make sense? Good luck on your journey, and do what feels right for you ... but remember that sometimes slow and steady wins the ultimate race x

hi mini, no my doctor doesnt know

would the site as a whole rather i didnt post?

Hopefully you will talk to your doctor, all I can do is advise you do so.

You are welcome to post and hopefully you will heed some of the good advice our members are offering which is done out of concern for your well-being.

I'm sorry if anything I said came across the wrong way, but like other members have said, I really was only trying to offer a bit of help :)

It would be great if you continued to post - but the only reason we have mentioned it is because we are concerned.

Calorie counting is such a good "diet" because it is a steady way of losing weight, with no faddy diets, and I really think maybe a trip to a nutritionist or doctor, or even just reading through a few diarys here, would really help you to understand that it is such a good way to lose weight - if done right :)

Hey Red. You need to add some protein here;) Feed those major organs; your heart, lungs, kidneys, liver etc.

I assume it's fat you want to lose, not any of the above. Do them a favour, give them enough to keep them ticking along.

I wont nag about the lack of calories, but you must have some more protein. It's not just my opinion, it's a fact. It's vital.

From the sounds of the medication you are on, you have enough to deal with without screwing up your body.

Take care. Be strong. Enjoy life and enjoy extra protein. You'll still a ton with a balance, but live to tell the tale.

I totally understand the reasons for you eating so few calories per day because I used to do what you are doing now.

You are so unhappy that you want a drastic weight loss, you want to loose weight almost immediately so you starve yourself thinking you will be able to keep it up, but your wrong.

You WILL NOT be able to keep this up in the long run which means when you break your "diet" you will gain the weight back AS QUICKLY AS YOU LOST IT! Eating 300 calories per day is not only going to damage your health but your body will go into starvation mode and store the fat that you actually want to loose.

Plus if you do loose weight extremely quickly your more likely to have alot more excess skin than you would if you lost a healthy 2lbs per week.

Think about your health first, because only eating 300 calories a day will lead to a whole new set a problems than just being over weight.

There is no "quick fix" in losing weight. Eating healthy and exercising is the only way to maintain and loose weight, I would suggest atleast 1,000 calories per day. Your brain and your body NEEDS food.

I hope that wasn't too harsh, i'm saying this from my own experience.

Hi Red. :)

I hope you don't mind me posting a little about myself. I've posted on these boards before though I've had a little break for the moment.

A few years ago I developed and was hospitalised for a while with anorexia. I also suffer with bipolar or schizoaffective disorder (they can't make up their minds!) and I have been on Seroquel at one time I'm 90% sure - that's quetiapine, yes? I know when you're ill it's horrible and affects your whole life.

I started off as an obese teenager and started to live off very few calories like you're doing now. I got so ill. I wish so badly I had been sensible and slow and just eat a healthy diet and done more exercise. That way the weight will come off (stay off!) and you retain your life. I think you really need to talk to your doctor - who I presume you're in regular contact with? Make an appointment. Write it down if your nervous about mentioning it.

I cannot stress how important this is. Now I'm not in any way suggesting you have an eating disorder. Only a doctor can say that and they are complicated and lengthy to develop but I will say that one nearly killed me and I wouldn't wish the mental anguish on anyone. That's why I'm trying to help here.

It ruined my life for a couple of years.

Increase your food by a little bit each day, small steps but you need to be eating more.

Sorry, I honestly don't mean to be aggresive in any way about this. It is something I feel very, very passionate about.

Please take care. x

Back