Set times and planning meals??

MaryMZ

I was wondering if folk had set times for their packs or just had them when they felt hungry. I don't have an exact time but don't eat lunch before 12 or it would get earlier and earlier. And I don't have my afternoon bar till at least 3 o'clock. As for planning sometimes I have an idea of what I'm having and sometimes I'm not sure or change my mind at the last minute. But if I get into a routine it makes the plan easier to follow.

I have my breakfast shake at 9, my lunchtime one between 12 and 1 and my teatime one between 5 and 6.

If I differentiate much from this I find myself getting hungry :)

I'm never hungry on a morning and always find myself snacking at night. So I have my first shake about 11:30, my second about 3pm and save my bar for around 8pm which is when I would normally be reaching for snacks so having that bar each night when the kids are in bed keeps me on track!

I have my tetra about 12-3pm then have my porridge/bar at around 6ish then a hot choc around 8pm to stop me going off track:)

Last edited:
Usually try to get through a litre of water before my first pack at 11.30 then try to guzzle some more water til I get home from work about 3.30pm then try to have another litre of water before next one in the evening but the time really depends on who needs lifts etc and what pack I fancy having.
On a restart from tomorrow, have failed with being off work, needing the routine back to normal to keep me on track.

yeah, at work i have my bar at morning break (11ish), then i have the next thing late afternoon, either a tetra at work if i'm hungry, or i wait til i'm home and have a soup. then i have the remaining thing (soup or tetra, depending on which i didn't have before) around 8.30ish.

at the weekend, all bets are off, but i generally start later cos of my lie-in habit, and everything else fits around whatever i'm doing.

yeah - i do worry a bit. tho 11 has always been my brekkie time, due to never giving myself time for eating before work.

it's the fear that you'll get hungry in the evening and blow it, i guess.

810 week next week anyway, so i'll try and have the products earlier and will have my meal in the evening.

It's strange for me cos when not on this diet I LOVE breakfast, its my fave meal of the day and usually have it as soon as i get to work around 8am (no time before as getting kids ready and dropping them off). But on this diet I just am not hungry on a morning at all.... weird!

spangles said:
yeah - i do worry a bit. tho 11 has always been my brekkie time, due to never giving myself time for eating before work.

it's the fear that you'll get hungry in the evening and blow it, i guess.

810 week next week anyway, so i'll try and have the products earlier and will have my meal in the evening.

Thank god your eating next week spangles and following cd rule not CDC, you can eat a little and feel full I was surprised so can you, it will flip a big switch in your head. Just get back on it 7 days and that's it xx

Thanks for sharing. It's really helpful reading what other folk do. I look forward to my 3 o'clock bar. Sad or what.:) Good luck with your 810 week Spangles

mama22 said:
Omg you manage so long for your first shake

Haha I'm not that hungry on a morning, I'm on my 15 week of ss (occasional ss+ days) and I'm doing just fine, I like to leave them till later as I like my last shake on a night xx

I think its best to just try and figure out when your weak times are and work around that. I know evenings are hard for me when the kids have gone to bed so saving my bar for then feels like I am having a little treat every night and its something for me to look forward to.

If afternoon snacking is your downfall then try and make sure you have something then and fit the other shakes / soups etc around that xx

anyway, breakfast eaters haven't been proven to be healthier or better in shape than non eaters. That is just a paradigm that needs to be broken. Break-fast needs to be taken litteraly, it's supposed to be eating after at least 2 hours of activity. It was eaten early before (around 7PM) because peasants were in the field since 5. We stayed with the eating hour not with the waking time!!!! Having a late breakfast habit is perfectly acceptable.

I don't have a totally set up eating pattern. I like when I have my first shake around 11 AM; then soup at 2, then shake at 5 then Soup at 7. But I also like the following : 9, 12, 6, 9....or 9, 12, 3, 6....I also love missing a shake so I can have 5 the next day ;)

Back