SF side effects...

i started SF on Tuesday, albeit my healthy evening meal was not so much...anyway, yesterday I had quite bad stomach ache followed by a need to get to the toilet quite quickly. Just wondered if by doing SF anyone has noticed any unwanted changes?
I'm holding off SF till Monday now as my hubby has said he will do it with me too from then so trying to be 'sensible' till then.

Hi I've been doing it since Sunday and I don't really need to rush to the toilet but it seems to give me bad wind! Lovely! My friend seemed to of had the same side effect as you but said it worked well for her. Good luck for Monday x

Well, i suppose it is one way to shift the weight lol

I had the opposite problem when I first started SF - I was totally bunged up for days.

I now drink at least 3 litres a day and it seems to have resolved the problem. Let's hope yours problems settle down too.

Just a thought - are you lactose intolerant? 500ml+ of milk a day is a lot, especially if you don't usually drink a lot of it.

please let us know how it goes because I am thinking of doing it just to kick start my weight lose again and then back onto my normal diet.

side effects

I have had the exact same thing. Bad tummy cramps then the need to go QUICKLY and not pleasant at all. Day 12 and no better!! No jokes I'm constantly worried that there are toilets wherever I go....

I haven't had stomach ache but I did have diarrhea a few days in but I took tablets for it and drank lots of water to stay hydrated :) Fine now!

I think as long as you drink the 6-8 glasses of water a day as recommended by SlimFast you'll be fine!

I'm drinking at least 2 litres, but this diarrhoea isn't letting up... Not sure what to do?

Any ideas?

Immodium just bloats me and once I stop taking it it all starts again!

Help!

I had to come off SF for this reason. Couldn't cope with it anymore. Not sure why it affects some people like this and not others.

just a thought, it may not make any difference but have you tried switching between fresh and longlife milk? i use longlife and don't have much trouble, just a few gurgles of an evening!

I'm really struggling with being bunged up and awful breath! Was ok week 1 but this second week has been so uncomfortable, windy and sore .

Is it just me or has anyone else had the breath issue? Any ideas to solve it? Im brushing my teeth 4 times a day as least. Never had bad breath in my life and done every other diet under the sun!!!

I'm really getting on with the diet, don't want the side effects to put me off!

I'm really struggling with being bunged up and awful breath! Was ok week 1 but this second week has been so uncomfortable, windy and sore .

Is it just me or has anyone else had the breath issue? Any ideas to solve it? Im brushing my teeth 4 times a day as least. Never had bad breath in my life and done every other diet under the sun!!!

I'm really getting on with the diet, don't want the side effects to put me off!

No bad breath, but I was terribly bunged up for the first week or so (which might be what is causing your halitosis). I "cured" that by drinking at least 500ml water after my shakes- that seems to work!

I too love this plan (although I have just come back from a very naughty weekend with not a shake in sight!) and was so glad I managed to find a way around the blocked up feeling!

I wonder if the ladies who are having the runny bum problem might be lactose intolerant....... has anyone tried making the shakes up with lactose-free milk to see if that helps ladies ??

I've just had a weekend off the diet and started back up today. I havnt been able to get off the toilet ? This is odd. Anyone else had this ?

Sorry - I can't help you there I'm afraid. I am the opposite and get completely backed up unless I drink litres of water after each shake! I do know some folks seem to have your problem though.

Strangely enough though I have noticed that if I drink the ready made shakes I get somewhat "over-regular" but the powder shakes (the ones you make from scratch) seem to have the opposite effect.

Which are you using?

I use the powder too and usually it blocks me up but after eating junk food at the weekend when I went back onto it it all seemed to come out..

"Slim-Fast revenge" for the junk food Jen ;-)

I had a really bad junk day in London at a meeting yesterday. Broedom is not my friend and I tend to scoff it there's nothing else to do and a 2 hour wait for the train home :-/

Still, no use in crying over split milk (or BK burgers!) so backon track today........

Good luck to us all :-D

Ive stopped as was having really bad tummy ache and upset tum. So now following calorie counting and much easier and happier do that. Don't know what was causing is as normally of with slimfast shakes- it might of been the ultra slim.

Back