Shake = Meal

cantakenomore

Hi All

My brain wont register that a shake is a meal. I know this sounds funny, but I have just realised that this is the reason why I constantly fail on Exante. Whether it is the shake or the soup I just cant do it. I did a S&S sample day and got through it no problem.

This has probably been discussed before, but does anyone know how I would mix my leftover Exante shakes with S&S meals so it gives me the required nutrients for the day? Or shall I just forget Exante and focus on S&S all the way.

Thanks for reading.

Linda xx

You need to do what is right for you, and what works for you so if S&S is better than go with that.

I do know what you mean about the shakes and for me it's because they are gone so quickly if feel like I have missed out on the 'sitting down and eating' part. However they fill me up and the habit of enjoying the sitting down and eating part a little too much got me in this mess in the first place!

To be honest, none of the products really feel like a meal but they are helping me break my relationship with eating as enjoyment rather than eating to live.

Yeah I agree with going with what works for me. I think I should go with S&S totally especially since I know what needs to be done to get this weight off. Ideally I would want to do at least one Exante shake a day (just to get rid of the lot), but if it means I am going to fall of the wagon then its probably best to just cut my losses, stop messing about and go with what works.

Thanks xx

How long have you been doing it for? After a while I didn't get hungry and the shakes are useful for when you are in rush - brilliant for weekdays breakfasts! Keep hod of them and just throw the odd one into your day sometimes rather than waste them.

I have been doing or rather struggling with them since last May. I hardly got through day one. So everyday would be day one. That is how it went through three bumperpacks. Took me a long time to realise that it is not for me. :cry:

I have to admit I think thats what my failing was.... I was having my Exante packs then something over and above it... albeit it was plain chicken etc

Since I swapped to S&S I havent deviated once from the plan. Ive not eaten one thing thats been off plan and I really do think thats down to the meals.

Oh wow that is great to know Starlight. I think I will also learn to portion control with S&S. I am all excited now about starting. I cant believe it took me so long to discover S&S. I wasted so much time. So here goes!!

Thanks xx

Hi All

My brain wont register that a shake is a meal. I know this sounds funny, but I have just realised that this is the reason why I constantly fail on Exante. Whether it is the shake or the soup I just cant do it. I did a S&S sample day and got through it no problem.

This has probably been discussed before, but does anyone know how I would mix my leftover Exante shakes with S&S meals so it gives me the required nutrients for the day? Or shall I just forget Exante and focus on S&S all the way.

Thanks for reading.

Linda xx

Hi Linda I am currently combining Exante with Slim and Save although its only day two for me and ive no clue if I will lose this week, but I thought it was worth a go. I plan to do it for two weeks and see what ive lost then decide whether to continue. I have an Exante porridge and shake during day and Slim & Save meal in the evening.

The real benefit for me is enjoying sitting around the table with my family guilt free and I certainly do not feel im on a VLCD! I feel fulfilled and therefore less inclined to pick at food im preparing for the family, I hope my losses are comparable with Exante TS because I really feel I have my target within easy reach. Sadly I am no stranger to VLCD's, I did CD in 2009 lost 4 stone but over half has crept back on :eek::eek::eek: as soon as I near goal I tend to get complacent, go off track due to boredom and lack of variety, so the prospect of a daily meal will help strengthen my resolve to finally get to goal and stay there!!! Good luck Linda whatever method you choose x

Hi Wannabe Weeney

I saw your post on combining just after I posted mine and it is very helpful indeed. I am also looking forward to seeing your losses and I'm sure they will be great. I agree with the meal experience in the evening. On pure Exante that was the time I always fell off the wagon. So I know my decision to do the meal(s) plan is the right one. I could never get myself to escape the kitchen. The weirdest thing was the drooling over hubby's plate of food. It was ridiculous really.

Nevertheless keep going and good luck with WI.

xx

Back