shakes not to my taste

I'm also a milk-hater (except when i was pregnant & could have drunk gallons of the stuff lol ;)) In fact i cant stand anything milky or milk-based puddings

When i started i fully expected to find the shakes a struggle and the first one or two certainly were....challenging lol. But after that i warmed to them and now i really quite enjoy them! I'll have to add that changing to making them with a hand blender made the world of difference too.

On the other hand i was really looking forward to the soups as i'm a real savoury person but i couldnt stand them. Now i can just about stomach the Spicy Tomato but other than that its shakes all the way for me.

Strange how your tastes change/adapt!

my BMI is apparently 25.9 according to my cdc, i started SS+ last week because i was getting bored with just the shakes.

I did question my cdc about changing up through the steps and she said that some people stay on SS all the way to their goal??

when your bmi is 25 you should be on 810 as a minimum. It is not safe to ss down below bmi 25 . You also need to move up the plans the closer you get to your goal weight , that way you should be more able to maintain your weight when you get to goal as you will be aware of correct portion sizes and moderation whereas people who tend to lose most of their weight on ss and then stop with the intention of healthy eating tend to quickly go back to old habits and put their weight back on I find.

julesrush

If you are 5ft and 10stone 2 your bmi is 27.73.

julesrush
cdc norwich

Hiya i just checked all the bmi's corresponding to my weight on the cambridge website. i am 5ft 3.

debs x

If you are 5ft and 10stone 2 your bmi is 27.73.

sorry debx think we got crossed wires my first reply(quote above) is for carolinemark and second concerning bmi 25 for you lol

julesrush
cdc norwich

Hi karen I'm going to give the shakes another go. I also thought the soups would be the best for me as I've not got a sweet tooth but didn't realise how bad they tasted lol

The things you do to be slim

sorry debx think we got crossed wires my first reply(quote above) is for carolinemark and second concerning bmi 25 for you lol

julesrush
cdc norwich

oops lol, soz hun

debs x

One other thing i do caroline is to put a 0.5 litre bottle of water in the freezer about an hour before i want to make my shake. Every 10 or 15 minutes i give the bottle a godd shake up so what you end up is a bit like icy slush. I then use 8ozs of that slush to make my shake (giving it a whizz with the hand blender). Its really nice done like this, very cold and less....sticky/gloopy/claggy. I find it much more palatable than using just cold water.

It really is about trial & error in the first few days, finding the flavours you like, getting the consistency right for your tastes etc.

Keep with it - good luck x

a tetra is a ready made carton of the shakes, only comes in Banana and Chocolate. You can add water to dilute them if too strong and alot of people freeze them to eat them like icecream.

julesrush
cdc norwich

I am only on day 3,and i have more savoury tastebuds.I prefer the vanilla and the spicy tomato and the veg.I find the sweetness of the berry too sweet for me too(actually I am serioosly considering switching to soup for beakfast too.Anyone tell me any other shakes that are not so sweet

there seems to be an awful lot of counsellors saying this. What's the story Linda? Perhaps something needs to be more clearly communicated to CDCs

All CDC's have been advised of the rule in several ways. The booklets outline the plans properly.

No one should be on less than 810 at BMI 25, and ideally should introduce SS+ one week before changing to 810 as a stepping stone.

Back