Share your motivation/thinspiration

perfectorchid

Below 190lbs... wohooo
:talk017:
I needed somewhere I can write what is going to motivate me and update. Feel free to add your own list, it might inspire someone else.

Why I want to lose weight:

1. To take my children swimming and enjoy swimming again
  2. To let my husband see me naked!
  3. To be able to get up in the morning, throw on a pair of jeans and look good
  4. To be able to buy cheap, trendy clothes from primark! lol
  5. To wear a gorgeous dress for my husband's summer ball
  6. To not avoid social events cause I am ashamed of how I look
  7. To not be too fat to exercise!
  8. To wear clothes that I like rather than just any that will fit me
  9. To be able to wear sexy heels and not worry that they will snap
  10. To stop sweating cause of my big lardy body
  11. To wear my wedding dress again to the charity ball
  12. So my husband can carry me up the stairs
  13. To go rock climbing with my husband
  14. To both fit in the bath!
  15. To be able to put my knickers away without folding cause they are mahoosive

Things that help inspire me:

1. Looking through clothing websites and thinking about what I am going to wear
  2. Think about the summer and how good it will feel to wear summer clothes and not blumming black trousers
  3. The fact that weight loss will be quick if I stick to it
  4. The shock from people who won't know I'm doing Lipotrim
  5. My 'fat' photo

Last edited:
oh thats such a good idea perfectorchid!... ok since you were brave enough to do your list then here is mine!

Why I want to lose weight?
1) To look like a princess on my wedding
2) To help sort out PCOS
3) To watch Lion King with Ollie
4) Hahaha.. to buy cheap trendy clothes from Primark too
5) To have somewhere normal to shop!
6) Be more outgoing and happy with myself
7) So that my other half can buy me something nice from Ann Summers
8) And a zillion other reasons....

Things that inspire me
1) Shopping for my wedding dress
2) success stories on this website
3) thinking of all the clothes I could buy!
4) The thought of people being amazed at how much I lose...

Good luck with everything orchid and I hope you achieve every one of those things on your list... xxxxxxxx

motivation to lose the last stone-stone and a half

-to get down to my 'normal weight' and know I have finally cracked it
-to not put the 4 stone I have lost back on
-to be able to get into size 14's and stay in them
-to look nice when I get around to getting married

my original thinspiration was the minimins inspiration photo gallery, with it's physical proof that losing weight is not an impossible dream

my reasons

Yep all the resons metioned above and to get my husband off my back!! As hes forever pointin out tops an jeans he'd buy for me if i wer back to size 12!

I Know we can all do it if we keep positive, my inspiation is seein all the past photos when i looked radiant, happy, content and bloody well georgeous!! xx:)

Cool Thread!! makes sense for people to understand others! and somewhere for us to write down out own thought!

Why I want to lose weight?
a) Health.. not an issue now, but dont want it to be an issue in future
b) Buy more nice clothes!
c) Lion King with BrideToBe! ;) had to put it in as well BTB!!
d)To have more confidence
e) Be respected more by others

Thinspiration
a) others results
b) Knowing BTB is gonna coach me!
c) Going back to Ireland thinner in 4-5 months!

Last edited:
Great thread!

What was my motivation to start/stick with LT
1 - My BP shot up higher than normal and I didn't want to risk a heart attack at my age!
2 - Being a heffalump on holiday and keeping as covered up as I could!
3 - Finally fed up with being the fat friend/fat sister/fat daughter etc
3 - Once it started to work I felt this was the diet that could finally work for me after years of dieting and I wanted to prove everyone who thought I'd not last/put it all back on again wrong!
4 - Wanting to go swimming in my local pool without my pupils laughing at me!!!! Perils of living in the town you teach in!
5 - Live long enough to see my grandchildren grow up (I don't have any as my eldest is only 16 and has no intention of giving me any for 10 years at least but I still want to live that long!)
6 - To wear jeans again
7 - To shop in normal shops without having to go for their outsize ranges - if they do them!
8 - To have sex in daylight instead of only in the dark of night coz I'm too ashamed to let my gorgeous hubby see my Mr Blobby body

What was my inspiration?
To start with it was the 2 friends who lost weight with LT then, once I found this site it was the fantastic achievements of people I met on here like Gaz, Nicki, Nictastic, Monsoon, Tracey, gorgeous porgeous Georgie and many others and the help, support and encouragement they gave me week in, week out.

Good luck to you all. I have lost over 9 stone thanks to LT and, although my refeed hasn't been easy, I haven't felt this good in years! It really is the best diet ever and was easy compared to the rough job I have maintaining my losses.

xxx

Why I want to lose weight:
1. To be able to wear a bikini at the beach.

2. To be able to wear the clothes that I've always wanted to.

3. To feel lighter.

4. To be able to feel confortable when eating out. (Right now and even before, I refuse to eat out because of how self contious I am)

5. To shock my friends and family who have always seen me fat since I was a baby.

6. To be able to go into the shops and just pick out something istead of rumaging around, desperatley trying to find a size 18.

What inspires me:
Hearing about LT from an old friend of mine really got me going. She went from a size 18 to a size 14 in three weeks. I thought straight away, that this was the diet for me.

I also had a look at some before and after pictures on minimins and they all looked so stunning! If you ever feel down, or feel like throwing in the towel, I recommend you have a look at some of the before and after pictures. They are an ultimate source of inspiration.

well here we go....

- be around longer, having better health
- look better
- do more stuff with my kids
- go on the rides at theme parks instead of being the coat hanger!
- go body boarding with hubby and kids on holiday
- relive aching knee joints and back!
- get back some lost confidence and move forward in my job.
- get that motorbike and learn to ride which i have promised myself when I lose my weight.

Well, thats me, week 1 done well day off today and back onto it tomorrow....excited about the weeks ahead.
Lou

Great thread.

Reasons:

1. I want to go clothes shopping in trendy shops and buy clothes I like instead of clothes that fit.

2. I want to feel and look sexy again.

3. To have more confidence and to be able to say what I mean.

4.To wear instead of dreaming about size 10 jeans. Posh ones.

Now I just hope I can get back onto lipotrim 27/12/08 to lose the rest of my weight!!

Good luck to us all. It now seems that my dream could be reallity. XX

Back