Sharing my milestone :)

Aww thanks everyone :) really appreciate the messages.
Hmm...top tips. I don't feel qualified to give advice! I lost 7 stone in 6mths originally on south beach in 2005, but didn't maintain it. Then I went to slimming world, and I've lost what I put back on (about 4 stone) plus the rest. It's taken me about 8mths to lose the last 2 stone as I always found it hard to get below 13 stone and keep losing.
I think my main advice would be to stick at it, and see it more as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. When I try too hard, or think "I can't have that" then I'm more likely to end up eating too much of the wrong things. That's why I think using syns is important, so that you don't feel deprived.
I'd also say try not to get into the habit of eating the same things all the time. I got a bit addicted to fruit, yoghurt and tuna salad for a while, and my weight losses slowed. I was also afraid of rice :) The weeks when I change stuff around I get better losses. Carbs are not my enemy!
Third tip...hmmm. Easier said than done, but try and celebrate the losses along the way. Even now I feel unhappy sometimes that I'm not where I want to be yet, and I can look in the mirror and not appreciate the changes. I have made an effort to buy more colours (rather than black) and clothes that don't drown me, and am working hard at increasing my confidence.
I also think staying at group really helps for image therapy (and I've just become the weigh in lady which I love). Also mini mins has been fantastic since I found all the great support, I have def got back on track after tootling along for a while....
Thanks again everyone and have a great evening x

Well done, 100lbs gone. According to that funny list of weight comparisons, you have lost the equivalent of a 2 month old horse! Congratulations xxx

That's a fantastic achievement! Well done you! When is your wedding? You'll be at target in no time!

Wow what an inspirational post to read, especially for a newbie to slimming world like me. Well done, the way you are going you will certainly be that slim bride.

Emma x

Aww thanks everyone :) really appreciate the messages.
Hmm...top tips. I don't feel qualified to give advice! I lost 7 stone in 6mths originally on south beach in 2005, but didn't maintain it. Then I went to slimming world, and I've lost what I put back on (about 4 stone) plus the rest. It's taken me about 8mths to lose the last 2 stone as I always found it hard to get below 13 stone and keep losing.
I think my main advice would be to stick at it, and see it more as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. When I try too hard, or think "I can't have that" then I'm more likely to end up eating too much of the wrong things. That's why I think using syns is important, so that you don't feel deprived.
I'd also say try not to get into the habit of eating the same things all the time. I got a bit addicted to fruit, yoghurt and tuna salad for a while, and my weight losses slowed. I was also afraid of rice :) The weeks when I change stuff around I get better losses. Carbs are not my enemy!
Third tip...hmmm. Easier said than done, but try and celebrate the losses along the way. Even now I feel unhappy sometimes that I'm not where I want to be yet, and I can look in the mirror and not appreciate the changes. I have made an effort to buy more colours (rather than black) and clothes that don't drown me, and am working hard at increasing my confidence.
I also think staying at group really helps for image therapy (and I've just become the weigh in lady which I love). Also mini mins has been fantastic since I found all the great support, I have def got back on track after tootling along for a while....
Thanks again everyone and have a great evening x

Gosh you are extremely qualified to give advice. And great advice it was too, thank you.:)

I def agree about this being a lifestyle change and not a diet.

Thanks everyone! The wedding is 3rd September so I'm sticking to plan as best I can until then :) Hope everyone is having a great weekend x

A big Well done to you!! you sound as proud as punch and theres no reason why you shouldn't be!!! Fantastic! Your tips are brill and make perfect sense!

Can't wait for the wedding photo's!

All the best

Donna

Hi Giblet

Just wanted to wish you love and luck for tomorrow :love047:

If the weather forecast is right you'll have a lovely day for the wedding. Don't forget to drop in when you're back from honeymoon and let us know how it went.

Take care hun. I hope you and OH have a fabulous day:character00250:, JJ x

:party0038:

good luck for your upcoming nuptials today and wow what a great loss, you are an inspiration to others :)

Have a fabulous day hun. Wishing you all the best for this your extra special day. X

Back