Sharing my Story with You

SoonToBeGorgeous

Loving the Cambridge Diet
I will share my story with you

I started with a chronic disease in September 2005 - I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.
For two years I battled with doctors and hospitals, had dozens of GP and hospital appointments, x-rays and etc.

I had allowed this 'chronic disease' to take over my life.

I never went anywhere, never went out, gained weight, was really ill.
Then I discovered Cambridge. I lost weight and I
started going out, met my partner in November, my social life took off.

Finally got a handle on the pain, am learning to live with the disease and learning to work around it, learning my limitations instead of battling to do what I could do before. I can't do what I did before, no two ways about it. I have learned to keep mornings for myself, so that I can get going gradually. I have learned to work in the afternoons and evenings so that I have energy to do it.
I have learned that if I have a bad day, I rest and that when I have a good day I don't go mad and overdo it!

It is quite incredible how this disease affects everything in life.

I have stopped discussing my condition with anyone except my GP and my Rheumatologist/Orthopaedic surgeons. Again, quite unconsciously, since talking about the chronic disease made me depressed.

The Cambridge diet has cured my 'unexplained anaemia' - which, it turns out, was caused by a wheat intolerance - Cambridge is wheat/gluten free. I was admitted to hospital in March, for my birthday (2007) at death's door with a blood count of 5 having 6 pints of blood transfused. Since July and starting CD my blood count has stayed up over 13 for three months now without medication.

I have a wonderful life to look forward to - I can't do anything about the RA, that is just one of those things I have to live with.
My new partner is just wonderful and caring.

I should hit my goal weight by about May, I am on holiday for two weeks in April in Malta which might delay it a little.

I have so much to look forward to.

The shops are a myriad of clothes which now FIT me, rather than having to stick with two shops which cater for 'larger sizes' - the choice is just astonishing. I have rediscovered lacey lingerie and rediscovered my legs in dresses which come to the knee instead of to the ankle.

I have rediscovered a waist! What a novelty!

Cambridge is a fabulous journey - stick with it, it is life-changing.

Thank you for sharing that post, it's very inspirational. You seem to have a great outlook on life. Good luck to you, I hope you have a great holiday in April

Thanks for sharing your wonderful inspiring story! You can not lose in life with that attitude! You go girl!

Thanks so much for sharing your story, I'm so sorry to hear that you have such a horrible disease but soooo happy to hear that you are getting on with things as best you can. You sound like you're enjoying life and being in lurrrrve seems to have certainly raised you up, well done on your fabulous weight loss, you have shown us that although it's hard work to lose weight it can be done, thank you for being you and for being such an inspiration to your fellow cd'ers including me.

Best wishes to you on your journey to skinnyville

catch up with you on the daily hun,

xx sj xx

I read this earlier and before I could reply the door went....how rude:rolleyes: so just returning to say what a lovely inspirational story I am so pleased that CD is working for you and that you have your illness under control....

A really lovely story from a lovely postive person.

wow what a fantastic post! I dont have your illness but everything else youve said i can relate too.good luck with the rest of your journey.

mhg.gif

what a star you are
well done and keep up the good work
very inspirational
xx

very inspirational,that is a truly lovely story,Im sure yuou are one of the people who will inspire me when Im down.I had a look at your photos,the change is sensational/

jacci

xx

No problem - we are all here to help each other.

Folks tend to think that my Cambridge journey has been plain-sailing when it hasn't at all, quite the opposite.

I just thank my lucky stars that I found the Cambridge diet

Back