Sharon's Before 50 Plan

Hii All. Sorry been a bit mad and not been on minis. Didn't weigh at class but reckon STS this week. Fine with that. Will check on diaries and PMs soon apologies. Raising a few glasses tonight regardless of SW in memory of work colleague tonight who sadly lost her battle with cancer today x. Makes you think she was in her 40s God Bless xx We used to joke re stressful week and large glasses of red so,I make no apologies tonight for this bottle of red wine cheers Debbie xx :D

Hi Sharon, I'm very sorry to hear about your colleague. Things like that do make you consider yourself lucky, don't they? xx

Hi Sharon, I'm very sorry to hear about your colleague. Things like that do make you consider yourself lucky, don't they? xx
Yup. At the moment I don't care if my syns are up today. Sometimes life makes you ponder on the meaning of life Tracy xx We are v lucky for everyone we have in our life who we hold dear, material things mean nothing when we have gone but if we are v lucky we get to touch others lives in a v special way xx

Aquasharine said:
Yup. At the moment I don't care if my syns are up today. Sometimes life makes you ponder on the meaning of life Tracy xx We are v lucky for everyone we have in our life who we hold dear, material things mean nothing when we have gone but if we are v lucky we get to touch others lives in a v special way xx

That's very true Sharon. When you see people like that lad in the news who's got terminal cancer, and who looks so positive and is doing a lot to raise money for charity, it makes you realise how much worse things can be compared to the problems that get us down day to day. :) xx

That's very true Sharon. When you see people like that lad in the news who's got terminal cancer, and who looks so positive and is doing a lot to raise money for charity, it makes you realise how much worse things can be compared to the problems that get us down day to day. :) xx

Definitely. The young lad, Steven, who has raised so much money alongside his own battle is awesome bless him :)

So putting things into perspective SW wise back to a day at a time, accepting we are all human and sometimes stop off on the journey for a while or have special things to enjoy and thinking about your journey too Tracy is inspirational - none of us gained it all over night, so crack on and eventually fast or slow we will get there :) But life is for living too.

Chris is home this weekend, his job is going well and he had a great week 1 :). Luckily the whole bottle of wine I had hasn't left me suffering YAY lol. SW Malaysian red pepper curry for tea, SW Asian cookbook - a favourite curry and recipe book.

Thanks for your lovely comment, Sharon! :)

You're absolutely right, taking it one day at a time, realising that this is a lifelong journey, not just a short term "diet", is vital to successful weight loss. I know I can't just say right that's it, I'm at target now so I don't need to worry any more - I'll have to be careful for ever, and intend to continue to plan and record my calories permanently. But that doesn't mean we can't have little detours, special occasions etc. My family is one where celebration means food, and that's certainly not going to change, lol. I just hope that I've now finally learned moderation!

I'm glad to hear your son's doing well in his new job. It must be such a change for you now they've moved away! As a late starter in the motherhood game, I'll still have Kathryn at home for at leasr a few more years, but I know it will be hard when she does flies the nest. Mind you, given her current tendency to stroppy teenage behaviour, it sometimes doesn't seem like such a bad idea! ;)

Have a lovely bank holiday weekend. :) xx

Hello Sharon :)

How are you? Hope all is well with you, I gained 0.5lb this week which is pretty good for my TOTM so quite pleased xx

Hi Cookie. Had a v off plan week and TOTM too - v nearly didn't WI but but bit the bullet - plus 2. Going to give myself a kick and get back into gear, Looked at some of my pics from before to now and don't want to gain it back so time to dust off the halo and get back in the game for 2014 achievement :).

You can do it, but 2lb on with a week off plan and TOTM, that's pretty good. Your meals have always been spot on is it just your snacks?
Yay won't go back to how you was before, neither if us will, we'll just keep going and the rewards will come xx

Found the attached and thought it was really good. Yesterday went well on plan. Shopped last night so organised, just have to stick with it a day at a time. I think looking at the pics I did showing before and now made me think too, no way is that going back on, so time to try and get back into gear and continue the journey after my stop off. At the end if the day it's not a race and anything off is going to make me feel better. Been a mad time with house stuff, change of job, etc. No good beating myself up over it.

Finishing off daughter's room today and tomorrow ready for when she comes home end of June. Next weekend will be a tad crazy as we have new boiler and some new radiators going in and a new cloakroom suite - can't see it all happening in one long weekend but will get there eventually. New french doors ordered for lounge which have been needed for a long time - time to save then before any more major projects for a while but once the weather perks up need to get out tidying the garden., It's May - where's summer!

Attachments

• image-3079156504.jpg
    image-3079156504.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 66
Hi All :D. Sorry heating going in and bit mad this end. Lost 1.5 lbs of my 2lb gain at WI last Thurs which was good given a tad over on Debbie's funeral day. Saturday was off plan due to chaos here so trying to pull it back and hoping for a STS. Away in London briefly this weekend as hubby's aunty's funeral this Fri. Will get there with it all. Have my salad packed for lunch at work and was busy in the garden at the weekend. Hope everyone is ok xx

Hi All :D. Sorry heating going in and bit mad this end. Lost 1.5 lbs of my 2lb gain at WI last Thurs which was good given a tad over on Debbie's funeral day. Saturday was off plan due to chaos here so trying to pull it back and hoping for a STS. Away in London briefly this weekend as hubby's aunty's funeral this Fri. Will get there with it all. Have my salad packed for lunch at work and was busy in the garden at the weekend. Hope everyone is ok xx

Hello :)

Your doing very well considering everything you've had and still got going on. Just remember to look after yourself and I hope funeral goes well on Friday too xx

Hi All. Had a manic couple of weeks with the new boiler going in, new radiators apart from in bedrooms now and new cloakroom suite - still painting etc but quite a lot of disruption. Mixture of good and bad on plans and holding my own. I've decided to stick with the plans and not go to class at the moment but I've shopped for loads of salads this week and will try to get some more off now, just heart is not in attending class just now. Been manic for a while and need to settle into normality. New french doors being fitted in about 2 weeks. Daughter back in UK next week in Canterbury, home with us end of June. Son home next weekend and step son and family here following weekend. I'll get there but needs to be relaxed just now.

Attachments

• image-663070833.jpg
    image-663070833.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image-731005981.jpg
    image-731005981.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi All. Time seems to be flying these days. Lost 3lbs last few weeks which I'm chuffed about but not going to class at mo. Taking the chilled approach. Lovely to finally see some sunny skies. Four days to work next week then just over a week off at home - hope the weather holds cos then I'll be at the beach :). Becky is home to Cornwall next Thurs * not been home for 6/12 as been in Spain as part of her degree and is currently catching up with her friends in Canterbury. Attached is pic of my gorgeous Claude Monet rose I had for my 50th - so pretty :).

Attachments

• image-2006600765.jpg
    image-2006600765.jpg
    803.7 KB · Views: 69
Back