Shazza's battle with the scales!!

Shazzabir

Gold Member
This is my journey.....!

I started 4 weeks ago and to date have lost 9lb. I am begining to struggle a little with motivation, so thought a diary would be the best thing to do.

A little bit about me: I am married to my best friend Phil, he is so supportive in anything I do. We have a two year old daughter Grace, who we absolutley adore and a black labrador.
After losing 3 1/2 stone of pregnancy weight I started putting the weight back on, my clothes didnt fit me and I felt horrible about the way I looked. To motivate me further I had photos which made me look 10 times fatter than I was, posted on facebook.
So the decision was made to start the battle with the scales again!

I weighed in at 10 st 10 1/2lb on 3rd Jan. I have been trying to exercise as much as I can with the limited time I have.
So far I am 12 days into the 30 day shred, started playing squash again, doing the Wii EA Active 21 day challenge, going on my exercise bike and doing Wii fit.
I am suffering a lot with sore ankles though. I'm not sure if I am aggravating the problem, but I dont really want to slow the exercise down. I also wondered if it was down to my trainers? Has anybody else had this problem? I seem to have had it 2-3 weeks now.

I have two dilema's this week. The first is tomorrow, I am on a team building day with work and we are going to a hotel. All food will be provided. I did consider taking some food with me, but I dont really want to stand out too much.
The second is on Saturday. My family will be coming over for takeaway and alcohol.
So willpower is needed for both days...! :sigh:

I am feeling a little bit more positive now I have started this diary though, so hopefully this will carry me through moments when I feel weak.:)

Well I survived the team building day!I did really well food wise, despite lots of temptation.
I had toast instead of bacon sandwiches, cold meat salad instead of chips and fruit salad instead of choccy pudd!

My daughter has got chickenpox, a few spots appeared last night, but by this afternoon she has got quite a lot and she is feeling quite poorly. So exercise will have to take a backseat tonight, my little girl is more important.

My daughter is still quite poorly, so again put exercise on hold. I am going to get up early in the morning and kickstart the exercise though. My aim is to continue with 30 day shred. I have completed day 12, so time to get on with it and get it finished!

Well I managed the 30 day shred!! So hopefully back on track.
Today's challenge was ordering a chinese takeaway for tea. I was really good, I got my books out to find the lower pointed food and ordered chicken and mushroom with stir fry vegetables. The whole meal came to 7 points!! I saved half the chicken and mushroom for 2moro's tea as well. Normally it would have all gone in one meal.
I have found I can't eat quite as much as I used to, which is great!
My plan 2moro is to exercise as much as possible, as it's WI on Sunday! Last chance workout I guess. If it works on Biggest Loser why can't it work for me? :)

Sun - week 5
WI day today and I lost 1lb! Not a big loss, but still a loss! So now I weigh 10st 1/2lb, only 1.5lb away from my first goal, to weight under 10st! I would be so happy if I could reach this by next week. :) :)

just had a quick read through your diary and just wanted to say your doing so well and the weight should fly off soon! well done! keep it up! :D

miss-tri said:
just had a quick read through your diary and just wanted to say your doing so well and the weight should fly off soon! well done! keep it up! :D

Thank you so much for yours comments, I really appreciate it x

Tues - Week 5

I have had a good two days, both food wise and exercise. I am back on track with the 30 day shred, I am now on day 15, so half way through!
I am planning on starting my training for the Race for Life this weekend.
I have reserved some ankle supports from Argos, so will pick them up 2moro, hopefully this will help with the ankle pain I am getting.

wow just reading your diary well done so far your doing great!!!! are you following ww ?

rosyro said:
wow just reading your diary well done so far your doing great!!!! are you following ww ?

Thank you for you comment :) Yes it's ww (discover). Which diet are you following? x

Week 5 - Wed.
I may have made a bad decision! I bought a pack of three cream eggs! My fav choccy! Now I can't stop thinking about them! I must be good though, it's my hubby's birthday on Saturday, so w/e will be full of temptation.
I so want to be under 10st on Sunday!!

Today I have done the 30 day shred and did 30 mins on my bike. :)

hey im just calorie counting at the mo and doing a weekly weigh in with a freind ! i think im to scared to go to the weight watchers meetings ! what is the 30 day shred ??? Know what you mean about the chocolate though i have had to put a ban on all biscuits and crisps coming into my house xxxx

rosyro said:
hey im just calorie counting at the mo and doing a weekly weigh in with a freind ! i think im to scared to go to the weight watchers meetings ! what is the 30 day shred ??? Know what you mean about the chocolate though i have had to put a ban on all biscuits and crisps coming into my house xxxx

That's a good idea weighing with a friend, will help your motivation. I am doing it on my own at home.
30 day shred is an exercise DVD with Jillian Michael (biggest loser). It consists of 3 levels, u do 10 days of each over 30 days. The results are meant to be really good. I have certainly noticed a huge difference.
Think I might have to introduce a choccy ban in our house! Although the cream eggs are still untouched! :)

Week 5 -Thurs
I have had a nice day off today. Managed to do 30 mins on my bike and 30 mins on Just Dance 2. I forgot how much fun Just Dance was and got bit of a sweat on!

Food wise have done well, just had tea and I am on 16 points. Trying to save a few for the w/e, so the mouth is now sealed for the day, unless it's to drink water!

I will b eating in the work canteen tomorrow, this is not something I normally do. As it will be Friday you can guarantee it will be fish and chips on the menu. So will power needed once again to get me to the salad bar! My workmates will also be having the fish & chips, so no escape from it. :-(

Week 5 - Fri
Yes it's Friday!!! Have failed miserably on the exercise front, but have eaten really well. I went to the canteen and sat around lots of fish and chips, but my plate consisted of jacket potato and salad. My reward is a half bottle of wine as a treat.

I am planning to go for my first run tomorrow (weather permitting) in prep for Race for life. My ankle supports have arrived, so should make exercising easier.
Hubby's birthday 2moro, so need to fit in lots of exercise to help with the excess drink I will probably consume!

that 30 day shred looks amazing !!!!! r u in the u k ?

rosyro said:
that 30 day shred looks amazing !!!!! r u in the u k ?

I'm so pleased I started doing it, the results have been great for me. Yes in the UK x

saranna said:
You are doing so well :)
I think I will try that 30 day shred exercise plan too.
Enjoy your wine :)

Thanks. I do recommend 30 day shred. Wine was fab!!

Today was hubby's birthday, so we went out for a meal. I had tiger prawn skewers for a starter and warm chicken salad for main, no birthday cake. So really pleased I didn't order something I would regret.
I have also done 30 day shred, 30 mins on my bike and did a 30 min run /walk training for race for life.
Admittedly the wine is flowing a little, but will stop soon, that way I will be able to exercise in the morning.
What a different person I am now! I didn't think I had this willpower in me!
It was also nice to get lots of compliments tonight about my weight loss. Makes you realise what progress u have made. :)

Back