She has gone.

fillymum

synful soul
For three years we have fed a delightful feral cat. She lives near some rubbish bins on the main road. We drive 2 kilometers every day to her. We have never brought her home because our dogs would have killed her and our gang of hooligan cats would never have accepted her. She was born were she lived. She had shelter in the bad weather and as we fed and water her she lived really happily. She was so affectionate and had a cuddle everyday. She was spayed by a local charity vet so had no of babes of her own.

This week someone else started to feed her, and three days a go she had disappeared. Yesterday all her food dishes had gone and we think it is someones way of telling us they have adopted her as we were still putting food down for her on the off chance she came back.

I am so happy for her that it looks like she now has a family and a home, but oh I do miss her and wish there was some way of knowing for sure where she is.

I know that you must miss her and it's a shame that whoever has adopted her hasn't left a note or something but it's a nice thought that she has a home and someone who will look after her.

fillymum, you are such a kind, warm hearted person, if its not little old ladies its cats your looking after:), I do wish you lived near me.... Have you tried putting a little note up asking how she is or even a missing notice then they may contact you to tell you she's not missing but delightfully warm and happy with a new family.

fillymum, you are such a kind, warm hearted person, if its not little old ladies its cats your looking after:), I do wish you lived near me.... Have you tried putting a little note up asking how she is or even a missing notice then they may contact you to tell you she's not missing but delightfully warm and happy with a new family.

I have thought of putting a note on the tree we fed her under. I could do it in English, Spanish and German ( German with a struggle ) but Arabic, Croatian and Romanian defeat me. It is more likely to be English or German that have her.

If I knew for sure I could stop worrying that something might just have happened to her.........cancel that thought.

All I can suggest has already been mentioned, leave a note explaining you were feeding the cat an d ask if they could leave a note just to confirm cat is happy in a new home.

Is there a local paper you could put a letter in? i'm sure she must be ok somewhere as the bowl has gone. She must be very grateful for all the love and care you gave her xx

I am going to see if I have a photo of her, I am sure I have , I will print it off and put that with a note on the tree.

let us know how you get on, good luck xx

You sound so kind hearted, and VERY multilingual! I'm proud of you!

SHE IS BACK !!!!! HURRAH !!!!!!!

I went to check that she wasn't there this morning and she was !!!! She heard my car and she ran to me , she was purring and winding herself around my legs. I was so happy I was crying. I only had biscuits in the car, she sniffed those and said " here I am the prodigal daughter, back home, where is the fatted calf !!" I went to our local village shop, they stay open on Sundays, and bought her a tin of cat food. She was still waiting for me when I got back, almost as if she knew what I was doing.

She was not starving hungry. So she hasn't been shut in anywhere by mistake. We think she might have been taken by someone locally and she has come home again. She is feral and has always lived out.

We are both overjoyed to have her back. Isn't it silly.

The morning ended on a perfect note when I went to the antiques centre to finalise the contract for our space there on Saturdays and Sundays. It was packed out, people buying lots of goodies, money changing hands all round. I bought a lot myself, for resale of course.

Thank you so much for all your concern and care.

hugs xxxxxx

Glad she's back, though sad too that it maybe she couldn't settle in a "proper" home.
But if wild living is all she know than she will be happier back with a kind-hearted you to look after her!

Yay! Glad she's back xx :kitty:

so glad she's back.....

Just a quick update as we so seldom get to hear the end of stories and you have all been so supportive.

Who ever was feeding her and trying to domesticate her continued to do so for a while after she came back. She disappeared for 2 days again and then returned again.

Long story short, who ever it was gave up after another few days. She was suddenly the starving hungry cat she used to be each morning before her adventures and once again runs to meet the car, demanding her breakfast loudly until her food is in her dish.

She is a poppet and we have decided that when we go back to England we will put some money in a friends account to feed her and will pay something in each month.

We would take her with us but that would be so unfair to her. She has proved where she wants to be.

I do wish more people would provide updates like this. I was wondering how the cat was, so thank you.

Thanks H.H.

I know I wonder about so many things that get posted here that we never here the end of.

That's a lovely thing to do, Sue,
The world is a better place with people like you in it!

Back