She'll put the weight all back on....mark my words

knew I was doing something wrong... off to eat spuds now!

Met an old ex-neighbour today. She left the area just as I got to goal. At first she didn't recognise me.

Her: See you're still slim. Still doing that Cambridge thing?
Me: No. Finished it two years ago.
Her:....(now wait for it.........:D)
You'll put it on as soon as you come off the diet...you mark my words. I said to my husband "she'll put it all back on when she comes off the diet...you wait and see" and he agreed. He said "no good telling her, she will just do it anyway....you watch...she'll put it all back on". I've done that Cambridge thing myself and put it all back on. Spent months eating potatoes one day and meat the next. Never again. Lost 10 pounds and put it all back on again. You wait. As soon as you come off the diet, you'll put it all back on again.

(Big breath.........)

Fed up with potatoes I was by the time I finished. Did you get fed up with potatoes? (before I had a chance to reply) Oh yes, you'll get fed up with potatoes. Then it'll just go straight back on. You'll see.

So, when are you coming off the diet? I think you ought to come off it now you know. Looking a bit peaky. That's what I looked like on Cambridge. All those potatoes. Couldn't eat potatoes again for months.:sigh: You ask my husband...he'll tell you.

What you need is to eat meat, potatoes and 2 veg. I was brought up on that and didn't do me any harm. That's the only way to keep it off....you mark my words.

None of this fancy Cambridge lark. It'll only all go back on and you wouldn't want that. You youngsters (I am 51;)) Always looking to get thin. Need some fat on you. I said to my husband "that lady down the road...she's getting too thin" and he agreed. He said, not to worry as you would put it all back on again.

Bless her :D :D Really made me laugh.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Sounds like something my great Nanna would say...she is soooo blunt, but sweet hahaha

KD......I'm still laughing at that! Actually....I could murder a spud right now as it goes.......... xx

That's hilarious, KD! Hahahahah! I'll be laughing at that for ages - poor daft old thing!

That's hilarious, KD! Hahahahah! I'll be laughing at that for ages - poor daft old thing!

:D funny thing is, I saw her again about 6 months later. She was on yet another diet and told me I wouldn't understand as I obviously had never had a weight problem:sigh:

Bless her :D

hee. i didn't see this the first time around kd. has just made me guffaw... lucky i'm almost alone in the office at this time of night :D

abz xx

Yeah im finding all the potatos difficult too ;)

Sorry I did Lipotrim now ...... I've always liked potatoes ... :eek: ;) xx

lol, that was so funny!!! ;-)

KD - that is very funny!!! I guess she was a little confused or maybe deaf???? ha ha ha!

I am begining to get a little annoyed now when people say to me ' the faster it comes off, the quicker it goes on'. The cheek of it, I can't wait until I have reached goal, and one day I am able to say I have maintained for 2 years. That must be a great feeling to say that, and support other people through the same journey!!

The cheek of it, I can't wait until I have reached goal, and one day I am able to say I have maintained for 2 years. That must be a great feeling to say that, and support other people through the same journey!!

I can say I've maintained for 4 years now. And yes, it's a fab feeling. Ack to those doubters eh.:D

4 years is even better!!!!

I do feel that my friends think I will put it back on - but I am NOT EVER going through this again, and I have learnt so much about my cravings and 'tuning' into when my tummy is full!!!

They can just wait and watch me stay the same!!!

4 years - that is just amazing!!! Do you get a really excited when you see people make the transformation to being slim and healthy??(I am thinking about becoming a CDC)

Classic story KD! Hadn't seen it the first time around - only been on here since May!

Brilliant!!

Lx

Dont you just love other ppls opinions,I have only been on CD for 8 days and a good friend of mine responded with "why you wasting your money on that rubbish,you'll only put it all back on again" now thats support for you!! lol! xx

:rotflmao:

haha. that's hillarious!!!

Back