Shellie's Maintaining Diary

Thanks Shellie. I will give anything a try once, lol.. I will stick with the walking and eat more salad and meat I think even on EE, and increse my water as well. If that makes any difference to next weeks loss then I'll stick on that, or will need to change to Red only days.

I'll set this as my challenge and that way I should do my best to get to it. Thanks again. You are gonna be a brilliant Consultant. xx

Thanks EF - that's very kind of you to say! I do hope that you get the losses that you want next week - please let me know!

Another warm day - love it!!!

Breakfast:
42g All-bran (B), yog and berries

Lunch:
Covt Gdn Tomato and Basil soup (B) with 1/2 pack of prawns thrown in (suprisingly lovely!)

Tea:
Use up the rest of my pack of Joes sausages, salad, syn free bbq sauce, 1 tbsp extra light mayo (with garlic) (.5 syn)

Snacks:
Hifi mint bar (like this!) (B)
White choc options (2.5 syns)

Weigh in tomorrow. Don't think that I've maintained again this week, but tomorrow may be completely different.
If I've lost weight again, I'm going to need some help!! More syns or more B choices......????!!

Have a wonderful day! xx

WI day!
After a sneaky peek at the scales this morning, I'm fairly sure that I've lost again. Just not sure how much.
Will try and get some advice - more B's or more syns....
Really don't want to have to reset my target, I'd be going towards the minimum for my height and I don't want to look like a 12year old again (mind you, most 12 year olds are often taller than me!!!).

Cleaned out my freezers yesterday (normally, I just chuck in and force the door closed......). I've done a huge online order which is arriving on Saturday. It started out being for Champagne (for my b'day) which was on offer, but then progressed from there......
Ordered massive amount of extra lean mince etc (often sells out from my local branch of Sainsburys) as we've BBQs/events/b'days coming up every weekend between now and when we go away.

Anyway, plan for today:

Breakfast:
42g Allbran (B), yog, berries

Lunch:
SW quiche (bacon, spring onions and tomatoes), salad; 1 tbsp Extra Light Mayo .5 syn
Hifi bar (B)

Tea:
BBQ'd chicken, maybe a Joe's burger (delivery arriving today), salad, SW wedges (B) and 1 tbsp EL Mayo.
1 tbsp low fat Caesar dressing (2syns)

Snacks:
White choc options (2.5 syns) and greek yog
Hifi bar (B)
Satsuma
10 syns to go....

Have a wonderful day! xx

Last edited:
Hi Jay - couldn't stop today as am waiting for a delivery.
I've sent her a text asking for advice. It may be that my body is playing catch-up, but I've lost 1/2lb more today than last week and I know that I've eaten much more!!!!
Hopefully she'll come up with something! xx

Enjoy it!! Have things like dried apricots or olive oil to sneak them in without having to eat too much!!

Cor! I've been busy this morning! Had a burst of energy and have not sat still!
Just for fun, this is what I've done!
*30mins exercise bike (and weights routine)
*1hr walking dog - up and down hills today!
*Walked children to school
*Hoovered and washed all floors (only carpet we have is on the stairs!)
*Dusted
*Cleared out utility room and general wipe down
*Cleared out cupboard under the stairs
*Stripped all beds
*3 loads of washing, 2 dried, 1 still on line
*All of the ironing (including stuff washed today)
*Re-made 1 bed (3 to do!)
*Cleaned bathroom
*Cleaned out and re-organised fridge
...now having lunch!

Had a lovely skinny cow ice cream last night (4.5 sysn) - yum!!

Today:
*Breakfast:
42g Allbran (b), yog and strawberries

*Lunch:
Covt Gdn tom and basil soup (b), chopped up chicken and prawns

*Tea:
BBQ again......; salad, sw wedges (b), EL mayo (.5 syn)

Snacks:
Not sure yet!

Have a lovely day! xx

Morning!
I do hope that you all had lovely weekends?!
Been hectic - my brother over from Australia, so family gathering on Sunday and a lovely day out in the sea and on the beach in Bournemouth yesterday!

Weighed myself this morning - now in at 8stone 6lbs, so that is 2lbs lower than this time last week.
Husband's b'day tomorrow, so may join everyone in a chinese takeaway in last ditch attempt before weigh in on Thurs am.

Friday - upped the syns considerably with 20 syns worth of lovely chilled Rose wine!!

Sat:
Breakfast:
Usual Allbran (b), yog and berries

Lunch:
Nothing new here either! Tom and basil soup (b) with prawns and chicken

Tea:
Joes burgers, 2x tomato sausages (Joes!) and salad

Snacks:
Hifi bar (b); 85g prunes (b); White choc options and Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself sweet (or Thai) chilli crsip things. Syn total about 8

Sunday:
4 x B choices - no longer going to bore you with my boring food choices! But, prunes and Allbran mixed is yummy!
5.5 syns (inc glass of champagne)

Monday:
4 x B choices
8.5 syns (incl. lovely mini milk at the beach!)

Today:
4 x B choices
Going to aim for 9 syns

Right, that's it from me - very tired today - my eldest mis-behaved at school yesterday and I had very little sleep last night (4 hours) as I was so upset with him.
Hope that you're all well. xx

Hey Hun - feeling less sorry for myself now!!
I have been ever so active over the last 4 days, so probably something to do with it!
Going to have chicken wrapped in parma ham (and not bacon) tonight, to increase my syns! I love parma ham - used to eat lots of it!
Anyway, how is your week going? I know that you were a little down last week. Hoping for a better loss? Hope that the arm is getting better too? xx

Hello Shellie.

Lost 2.5lb's this week, mixed Red most days and had 2 days of EE, which was Wed and Sunday. Seemed to work and even though I did less walking too, strange! So following the same days this week as the EE helps for Sunday meals and on Wednesday usually do something with rice. My arm is much better thanks, still not allowed back to work, but have a GP appt nextr Wed to see if there has been any changes to the swelling on the joint around my elbow. Did try on Monday this week, but he said it was still swollen so wouldn't sign me back off yet. I had to drop my car, 2 mins away today for it's MOT, and although my arm ached, it wasn't so bad. But dropped it back home after that and bus'd it into the shopping centre to meet my daughter for much.

Would you count a Nando's chicken ceaser salad (without croutons) as free on Red and EE, counting the cheese as a HEA? I didn't have the dressing, but did ask for it to come up as medium spiced? I know you are a dab hand at this and thought I'd ask, lol.. thanks Shelley xx

Hello!
Poor you with your arm. Was it actually fractured? My knee (sprained my cruciate ligament in Jan) still swells most weeks - looks horrible! These things seem to take so long to recover from.
I do hope that you had a lovely time with your daughter.
Chicken ceaser salad - yum!!! I'd probably add in a few syns, just to be on the safe side. I guess that they must use a small amount of oil for the cooking. Sounds like a really sensible option though!
Great loss!! You must be so pleased with yourself! I do think that being able to mix the plans makes SW so easy to live with.
I'm thinking of doing an EE day tomorrow - just so that I can have some chinese tomorrow night without having to count in 20 syns for rice!!! Not sure what that means for the amount of B choices that I can have though!!!
Take care. xx

Just one B choice on EE Shellie.. I always struggle using mine, so have taken to making a daily iced skinny latte with 350ml skimmed milk, as don't use it otherwise.. Really nice with crush ice, mmmm.

Fractured my elbow and chipped the bone, also still have a hematoma on that arm which is more painful then the fracture. My elbow just aches, which is making the rest of me arm ache too, not sure why.. muscels probably. But its getting there, and work have been brilliant saying that I can go back the first week on reduced hours, so that I don't get over stressed. My job is so stressful, as we are one person down and I have to do that person's job as well.. but hey ho, thats life in work.

Have a good day Shellie. xx

Back