Shellie's Maintaining Diary

Ouch! Do hope that it gets better soon - good news about your employers though.

I'm having 2 B choices as I'm maintaining (or meant to be!). As I have 4 on Red days, I'm going to double it for EE.

Going to have chicken chow mein tonight - I've not had a chinese for over 8 months (I think) - we're not big takeaway people anyway! Hopefully, it will be worth it!!

With the Chow Mein (7 syns) and my soup (3.5 syns), I should have enough left over for a small 'treat'!

Feeling very 'risque' (spelling!!!) right now. All being well, I'm going to have a tattoo done tomorrow. It should be healed in time for my 40th! Going to have two intertwined hearts on my hip, with three smaller hearts for each of the children. I'm expecting some pain :wave_cry:.

Anyway, have a lovely day! xx

Wowww Shellie, you are brave hun.. my mum had one, my sister has had one and my son did too.. A tip I was told, take some strong pain killers before you go in and it'll limit the pain a bit too. Also rub some vaseline onto the tatoo every day, it'll stop it scabbing and keep it moisturised too. Mmmm chicken chow mein, I'm cooking plain chow mein with lots of free stir fry veggies, egg fried rice and chinese pork (EE) for dinner. Mmm can't wait :) x

lol EF - now I really am nervous!!!!
They have a really good website and give lots of info about keeping the skin moisturised, but vaseline sounds like a really good tip.
Where abouts did your family members have theirs done? (parts of the body) I'm thinking that my hip maybe too bony now!

Enjoy your chow mein! I'm fairly sure that I'm not going to get my 1/3 superfree in with my meal tonight, but I did with breakfast and my soup was tomato and basil (even though I had to syn it).... so, I'll see how it goes.
WI tomorrow and if I actually get a STS I will be thrilled!!!! x

Shellie, you'll be fine. My sister had one on the bottom of her back, just above the trouser line, my mum had one on her shoulder and my son had one on his chest. My dad mind you, had about 11 done when he was younger. It just feels like a scratching and a little sore after, but as I said, the pain killers do limit that. My son suggested I had one done, lol.. I faint with needles, so not a great look in a tattoo parlour, lol

Good luck at WI tomorrow and hope you get a STS week. x

Feels like I've been away from here for ages!!
Managed a .5lb gain!! Came home and *week arrived...joy!
Been away for the weekend in our caravan, had a lovely time and stayed pretty much on track (even managed to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine).
Children on an inset day today and I just want to eat my face off. No idea what is wrong with me. I've managed to resist temptation so far and thank goodness that it is almost feeding time again.
It feels as though I am a completely bottomless pit today, even if I did 'indulge' it feels as though it just wouldn't touch the sides.
Lets hope that tomorrow is better......
Hope that you're all well and had great weekends. xx

Decided that I am switching to EE to maintain.
Need a little more flexibility as 'normality' returns!
Going to have 2 x HeBs each day and see how it goes.

Today
Breakfast:
2 x weetabix (B x 1), natural yog and berries

Lunch:
2 egg omelette with small amount of cheese (part HexA), left over cold roasted veg (including delicious BBQ'd aubergine) and salad

Tea:
Sweet chilli chicken, lemon and coriander couscous (homemade, so syn free) with salad

Snacks:
Options and Greek yog (2.5 syns), Hifi (B x 2). Still got some syns to use up!

Hope you are all well. xx

Mmm Shellie, the couscous sounds yummy and EE will give you that option to mix the foods too. Im giving this week a go on EE/Red alternating days, as enjoy that EE option too.

You probably picked more last week as it was leading up to s* week, I get that, even though I take tablets to stop them, still get that bloated feeling and urges, lol..

Hope you are ok and that 5lb would more or less be back off now, and you was a little under anyway, so probably balanced now. xx

oh! Did I type 5lbs.....it was only 1/2lb, so still 2lbs under target!!!!
I'm really looking forward to EE - it will be a relief not to have to weigh out potatoes!!

How are your Red days going? Is it WI for you today/tomorrow?

Looking forward to my tea right now! xx

Good news on the 1lb loss - especially with an evening out!! Seems like the mix is suiting you!

Sweet chilli chicken and couscous was wonderful!
Doing EE again today.
Have decided to lower my target. Weighed myself at the gym this morning (curious!). Wanted to know what my body fat %age was and my actual height.
Anyway, weighed at 8stone 5lbs (fully dressed and having had 4 drinks) and body fat %age of 24.8 (thats good for my age!). Really happy at this weight.
If I am the same at group tomorrow, then I'm going to see if I can change - have absolutely no idea what the 'rules' are around this and have had no reply from my C. Don't want to put any on to return to my previous target.
Oh! And found out that I'm shorter than I thought!!! I'm 5' and...... 0.9" - how short?!!!!
Anyway, sorry for the ramble!

Going to have Indian Pork patties tonight - they smell lovely! May have a jacket potato too.
Got some Walkers French Fries in - a wonderful 4 syn indulgence!
Had a KitKat Caramel last night - lovely - recommended :-D

Stay well! xx

Have you shrunk Shellie? Lol. I used to be 5ft 7" and now 5ft 7!! Strange.. but true,lol.

Indian Pattie sounds nice Shellie, hope your Consultant will help you with your idea. I think you look amazing now and just right, if you are happy and feel comfortable being at that weight, then I would stay there. xx

Well my C has changed my target weight to 8stone 3 - I need to pay now until I hit this target. Dont mind really - it really is difficult to pick a weight to aim for and I never thought that I'd want to go this low - but I am very happy with how I am now.
WI this morning, so we'll see how much work I have to do later!!

Indian pork patties were really lovely - very filling too! I'm going through all of my SW cookbooks and trying different foods at the moment!

Will update you later. Oh, are you 5 7 or 5 7?!!!! xx

Oh.
Lost 4.5lbs and hit my new target. Felt v v embarassed.
But pleased :-D
I am so determined to maintain this weight - perhaps I was subconsciously just not sure that I was at the right weight for me.
So here goes!!!

Breakfast:
2 x weetabix (HexB), berries, banana and yog.

Lunch:
Omelette with bacon and cheese (HexA). Salad
Muller light

Tea:
SW wedges, not sure what else yet!
Extra light mayo (.5 syn)

Snacks:
Hifi (HexB)
Walkers French Fries 4 syns
Options White Choc 2.5 syns
May have a small Milky Bar (4 syns)

= 2 x B and 10.5 syns

Have a lovely day. xx

Well done Shellie, back to free weeks again :). Meant to say that I was 5ft 7 and a 1/4" tall and now am 5ft 7, lol.. silly me. Was back to work for me today and am so feeling it, off to gym later for treadmill and bike then swiming a few lengths tonight and hope that it'll help my arm. Really need to up my exercise to get a better loss next week and glad to say no eves out before next WI, phewwwww, lol. xx

Wow!!! How the heck are you doing it girl!!! Amazing.

Thanks Jay! The only thing that I can think of is the exercise. I've started 'power-walking' with the dog (she's still young enough to want to go everywhere at a very fast pace!) and I'm walking for at least 3 miles a day. Add that to the daily exercise bike and weights routine and 2xAquafit classes per week....I guess that Im burning it off.

How was going back to work EF? Do hope that you enjoy the gym tonight - you can do it!!

My opinion (for what its worth!) around exercise....its a slow burn thing. Won't necessarily increase your losses to start with, but as you start to increase muscle mass and decrease fat, some sort of magical equation takes place!
I can now see muscles that I didn't think I had :D.

Yummy risotto tonight (although I did cheat and used part of one of the Risotto Pronto packs), had it with cauli, brocolli and pork loin. Feeling very satisfied right now! Really quite liking EE for maintenance (she says with fingers crossed that it likes me too!).

Have a lovely evening and great weekends. xx

Morning Shellie :).

Shattering going back to work, and was yawning by 10.30am!! Lol.. What a light weight! Kept going and left at 3pm, in later this morn and will leave same time. Got to the gym last night and swam, I've really missed that. So going back to swimming only tonight and meeting a friend there too, they have a lovely cafe and do a really good pasta dish which is low fat, so going for a green day today.

That risotto sounded yumm, I've never made it.. and always thought I'd give it a try. Will do it on my next EE day I think.

Hope all is well, have a lovely day xx

Well, I did it! I managed a sts this week!!!
I was over the moon!

I've tried the tomato and basil risotto - think it was from this months mag - absolutely delicious! For my first attempt at making this dish, I was really pleased!

Been averaging 12 syns per day and mostly doing EE. Seems to work well for maintenance for me. Having two B's aswell.

No group now for three weeks - this time next week, I'll be in Cornwall and 39 and 364 days old :-D

Fabulous restaurant booked for my b'day - right on the beach. Looked at the menu and probably going to have mussels - without too much of the garlic and cream sauce! I know that there is going to be a cake, so I'll need to accommodate that somehow.

So, I'll say 'bye' for now - sooooo much to do over the next few days, with packing, cleaning etc. My youngest two are both moving on to new schools (one to juniors and one to secondary), so there are an incredible amount of school events between now and next Wednesday!

EF - I do hope that you lost again this week and that you are settling back into work again? I look forward to catching up with your news when I come back.

Jaylou - enjoy your break too!

Take care xxx

Well done Shellie. Have a wonderful break, I hope the sun shines and enjoy your birthday too.
Take care hun. xx

just read my way through this and will now be following! great diary...full of ideas and interesting hun.

glad you said about the tomato rissotto as thats one on our list to try so nice to hear its yummy!

Back