Shellie's Maintaining Diary

Thanks Shellie, lost 2lb's and upped my exercise, so think thats the key too.

Well done on your STS week and have a great birthday, that restaurant sounds just to die for. xxx

Hello everyone!
I've not been on here for such a long time! Had a wonderful holiday and to be honest, fancied a break from all things SW.
Still at target (went .5lbs below after my holiday, yes, after my holiday!) but back up by .5lb last week.
I had 3 cornish pasties (cor...how nice....) and lots of other treats, but we did walk an awful lot.
I've had a week back on the basic plan last week, just to keep myself in check as I really felt as though I needed it, so we'll have to see what it does to my weight on Thursday.
Its been lovely to be back to basics, mostly because it encouraged me to try new things again - explored the chocolate cake from the website which I really enjoyed (I was the only one in the family who enjoyed it though!) umongst other things.

Anyway, hope that you're all well and still losing. xx

Morning Shellie

Not been on here much either, with work and hols. Gained 10.5lb in 2 weeks in Grenada, wich was really from the creamy cocktails and cakes and sauces over food every day that did it. I knew whatever I had would stick to my like glue, I only have to have a cpl of biscuits and it goes on. So this week 3.5lb of that gone and have 7 left to get rid of now.

Well done for keeping on target and hey.. loss on hols too? Wowww, all that exercising did that and you must be really pleased too.

Back to basics for me this week too, and am glad to get back to normal foods to be honest, fruit and veggies, and stir fries and a few pasta days with EE. Do love SW food ;).

xx

Hello!
EF - wow your holiday sounds fab! At least you had a wonderful time and know exactly how to get rid of those few extra pounds. Did you come back feeling refreshed? It is good to get back on the plan isn't it? I always feel so much 'cleaner' and healthier :-D

Well, I managed to lose 2lbs - it is amazing what a week on the plan can do. It has helped me to re-focus. I know that I was still at target, but was starting to worry about those bad habits returning.

Had a lovely plate of SW wedges tonight - comfort food at its finest!

Got my copy of the new mag today - slightly disappointed if I'm honest. Comfort food booklet looks good though and will try out some of the recipes over the next week. The cookies look especially yummy!

I've decided that I really need to go back to work now. In the end I didn't pursue the SW consultant thing. There were a couple of areas that I was really uncomfortable with. Better to know that now I guess.

Anyway, if you've discovered any new recipes, please let me know! xx

Hello

SW wedges, sounds yummy. I make them some times. You did so well to loose 2lb, must have been all that exercise.

I had a lovely time in Grenada, it was very hot, but when we got to the Airport as we stepped on of the plane, the heat really hit, very humid and in the 100's. The thing I will always remember was walking into the Airport and a Calypso Band playing to welcome our arrival, along with rum punches and small cakes too. How nice was that. Those little things make so much difference.

Not feeling great since I got back, had a virus, is clearing now I have some penicilin, but felt so rough I was neither here or there. I worked through it too, which I shouldn't have done really, but we have been hit by cuts in the area, so it could mean that I might be made redundant. So aware that any time I took off would also affect this, however, haveing said that after Tuesday this week, I felt at my worst, so Wed and Thursday was taken as sick as I was dizzy and couldn't get there. But hey ho, its much better now, so back into full swing on Monday me thinks and Gym too.

Sorry to hear that the SW Cons job wasn't for you, sometimes these things aren't meant to be and if you had a few worries about it, then its the best decision that you made not to go ahead with it.

SW Mag, I got that this month and not overy impressed myself, lol.

Have a good day and great to see you back too xx

EF - do hope that you're really starting to feel better now?

Another fun packed week - nice to have the children back to school, mostly for their sanity!

Had a great class this morning - one of my good friends decided to turn up and join! It was lovely to see her and I'm so happy that she wants to do this for herself.
We had the New Members talk again - I found it a bit strange as I've not got anything to work towards. I still love going to Group and seeing everyone, but I do sometimes feel a little out of place.
Anyway, lost 1/2lb. Still in target range...just...!
I've got an interview for a job on Monday - excited! I want to be able to work part-time, mostly to keep me occupied, but it will also be lovely to meet new people and have another view on life. I miss the 'thrill' of the weekly weight challenge and need something else to focus on now!!!!
Food highlights of the week.....lovely stir frys! Lots of veg and 1/2 packet of Blue Dragon Oyster and Spring Onion sauce (3 syns) - very enjoyable!
Also made SW Banoffee Pie - so lovely and I can have a full one all to myself! It really fills me up and definitely something to use a B choice on.
Not sure if I am going to do a week 'kind of' on plan or to have a week totally on plan with additional B's....choices!
Have a lovely week! xx

Hello Shelley

Im good now thanks, chest infection almost gone, so looking forward to getting back ot gym this weekend, as Ive really missed that.

RE you next challenge, well, your new job you will get will be one and what about looking at doing a part time course? Might be in the theraputic side, maybe massage, or reflexology, or learn another language? You've got to target and stayed there, so you can sure set yourself another challenge and succeed hun.

Good luck with the intervew. x

Thanks EF - your reply is why I love coming on here!
What a good idea! I guess I'll need to see what the hours are (if I get the job), but doing something like massage sounds wonderful! Thank you!

So pleased that you are feeling better - hope the gym goes well. Am trying deepwater aquafit for the first time later on this week - sounds like it may be a little like torture!!!!
xx

Back