Shell's food diary

shell09

Silver Member
Ok so I'm starting this as of now as I'm really sceptical that I can eat like this n lose weight! Lately I'm just constantly hungry I think being on a diet makes you constantly think about food which doesn't help so hopefully il settle into it all soon but any advice greatfully appreciated

So today....

Breakfast 2 w/m toast with laughing cow extra light (hex b + 5 syns + part of hexa)

Mid morning snack handful of grapes

Lunch mixed salad and slices of roast chicken. Mixed water melon and orange melon

Afternoon 1 mugshot and 2 x wm bread (dry) 10 syns

Dinner lean minced beef with leeks and mushrooms and red onion fried in frylight with passus sauce mixed into some plain rice I had cooked in the fridge

1 muller yoghurt and 1 banana

I've drunk about 2 litres of water / sf squash 2 cans of pepsi max and a decaf coffee

Oh gosh that's alot isn't it?! What do u all think??

Bumping for opinions

Anybody out there?? Out there out there... * voice pitters off to a whisper lol

What plan were you following? Extra easy?

Ah yeah I should have said n yes it's extra easy

???

Breakfast 2 w/m toast with laughing cow extra light (hex b + 5 syns + part of hexa)

Lunch mixed salad and slices of roast chicken. Mixed water melon and orange melon

Dinner lean minced beef with leeks and mushrooms and red onion fried in frylight with passus sauce mixed into some plain rice I had cooked in the fridge

I've drunk about 2 litres of water / sf squash 2 cans of pepsi max and a decaf coffee

Oh gosh that's alot isn't it?! What do u all think??

If you're following extra easy then 1/3 of each meal needs to be superfree. You didn't do this at breakfast and as your snacks are eaten separately then they do not count towards the total.

If you had milk in your decaf coffee then you will need to syn this also.

On a side note, if people don't reply right away just be patient!

Thanks guys the syns was worked out in the fact I had 2 medium slice wm bread 1 as Hexb and the other for 5 syns

The same size bread with the mugshot x 2 is 10 syns

I struggle to have my hexa as in not a dairy lover so if if had my full a choice with laughing cow il have a black coffee but I usually split it ie half the amount for milk n half the amount for laughing cow.

I knew 1/3 had to be superfree but I don't know why I didn't apply it to breakfast.... I think as it was a/b choices only n no free food I just overlooked it! So thanks for that

Going to change things up a little today I think

Hi Shell,

I always start my breakfast with a slice of melon or a satsuma (tis the season etc), before i have my "breakfast" - for instance, as i type (and the keyboard is getting a bit dirty!!) - A satsuma, followed by 4 ryvita (HEb) with FF Cottage cheese and cucumber. This means i automatically get my 3rd of superfree!

If at lunch i don't feel i am getting enough super free i end the meal with some fruit and a yoghurt - it all counts!

Hope that helps - lots of luck on your journey, i am sure you will do brilliantly.

x

Like most newbies I think if anything you're not eating enough rather than too much, and you're maybe eating the wrong stuff a little. Although youre pretty much on target for the syns/HEXes you could do it differently so what you eat would be more enjoyable, butas ever that depends what you enjoy as we're all different :)

Bread is 2 small slices (ie 400g loaf) as a HEXB or 1 slice of a large loaf (800g) - or 57g to be exact. Most people avoid bread as its so high in syns for what you get, or at least they wouldn't have it more than once a day. If that's what you want to spend your syns on thats fine but it would probably get difficult to stick to in the long term.

Breakfast is OK although it theoretically should have 1/3 Superfree with it (personally I dont as adding fruit wouldn't make me eat any less toast)

Lunch looks OK although personally it wouldn't fill me up at all, Id be suggesting more free stuff (more chicken, some pulses or potatoes or whatever) that was a LOT more filling. Thats sustained by the fact you needed to snack on a mugshot and bread later which again are fine but not the best choice, and not something youd want to be choosing all the time. Obviously youve spent 10 syns on the bread and the mugshot fills a hole but its better to snack on superfree when you can.

Dinner is good, looks like theres plenty of superfree in there - but if its only lean mince you have to syn it - only extra lean is free on EE/Red, but maybe you meant extra lean? If not then its 2.5 syns per 100g for beef mince.

Im not sure Extra Easy was the best choice today. The only Green you ate was the rice at dinner, so the rest of the day could have been a Red day and you would have got 2 HEXBs and 2 HEXAs to stop you wasting syns on bread and less to worry about on the superfree front. Obviously if you wanted the rice thats fine, but if you had had something else instead this day would have been a lot better as Red.

This is really a great help thanks!

Today was really unite different

Breakfast oat so simple golden syrup and a banana (6.5 syns and part if hexa)

Mid morning snack handfull of grapes

Lunch 'soup' (passata BNS sweet potato and carrot with chilli) sliced roast chicken and mixed melon for afters

Dinner wm pitta (Hexb) roast chicken mixed salad leaves tomato beetroot laughing cow extra light (rest of hexa) so basically a hot sandwich

Mixed fruit salad

And a naughty slice of birthday cake

I had purposely saved the rest of my syns for the cake although I don't know the real syn value. On a positive it was my mums b.day so I laid on a buffet while buying all the nice naughty stuff I bought myself the extra healthy 'dinner' I listed above to have as my snack/party food and other than the b.day cake that I planned to have, I didn't stray

So now I'm home dint think il bother with a dinner as OH isn't around tonight so think il leave it at that....... Maybe some extra fruit n call it a day

All my days are meant to be ee btw

Just add to today's diary..... Just had a nice mixed fruit salad of apple banana and kiwi

Off to bed so I don't eat any more :)

Today's diary

Breakfast oat so simple golden syrup (6.5 syns some hexa)

Mid morning handful grapes

Lunch same as yesterday home made soup bns sweet potato and carrots with done roast chicken and small fruit salad

Dinner from sw Recipe book

Three colour carbonara it was lovely! All free n a muller light

Now I'm slightly gutted I had a little accident with the car hitting a kerb n ending up with a burst tyre waiting for rac on way home from work right outside mcdonalds!

So I went in wanted the food but resisted n just had a hot chocolate didn't know syn value....

I posted just that question in the syns sub forum n apparently that POXY hot chocolate was 25 syns!!! Jeez what if i had eaten there too!!!!

:-( I was being so good n all!!

I forgot to have my Hexb!! N I don't gave the room! Ah well il be sure to have it tomorra

Hi all!

Well I've got over my shock horror from yesterdays accidental hidden syns drawn a line n moved on :)

So onto today.... I may yet have something else as it's early but nothing naughty n right now I'm stuffed!

Breakfast toast n laughing cow light ;normal size loaf so 1 Hexb plus 5 syns n part hexa) plus a banana and muller light

Lunch spannish omelette and salad (big mixed salad of toms lettuce red onion and omelette with mushrooms ham toms) and diet coke

Mid afternoon muller light and 1 alpine light bar 3 syns

Dinner
As yesterday 3 colour carbonara it's still lovely! Small fruit salad

I've drunk alot of pepsi max n diet coke not much water though :-0

Think I'm coming down with something either a virus or throat infection so I must must must not comfort eat!!!!!!! N must must must drink more water!!!!

If I'm going wrong anywhere somebody please let me know!!

Add to today's 1 wm pitta 6 syns n the rest if my hexa laughing cow extra lights and tomato

I forgot to put yesterdays food diary :-0 I won't back track now but I was 100%

Weighed in this morning lost 4 lb :) very happy with that!!

Want to lose 3 this week to get into the 12 st bracket so fingers crossed!!

N back to recording my diary properly again as of today

So today's diary

Breakfast 2 wm toast 1 hexa and other 5 syns with banana

Lunch super free soup I created on a whim last night of bns leek onion chilli n dry herbs it was lush and a bacon n egg sarnie 2 wm bread at 10 syns

Mid afternoon muller light and sw cheese scone all free

Dinner more if the above mentioned soup on bed of egg fries rice nom Nom

I feel like I've been eating all day lol but I feel asleep at 10 this morning until 12.30! As had a much deserved day off work and little one was at school

My weight loss this morning has really spurred me on!!

I may reach For the fruit bowl later or a muller light but that's it

I've had a few pepsi max and nas squash nd couple of decaf coffees with some skimmed milk from hexa

Tues food diary null and void :-( totally fell of wagon

Line drawn!!! Back on track

Back