shepherd/cottage pie...

Cottage Pie in our house is made with Asda's vegetarian mince and so is Spag. Bol, Lasagne and Chilli.:p
Have not bought meat mince for about 10 years and even the meat eaters enjoy the vegetarian mince.:)
Irene

Hi
According to the SW site it has been both free and 2 syns per 100g this year?:confused:
Well worth it in my opinion.
Tesco do a vegemince so probably Morrisons will have their own version.
Irene

Disgusting! I'm with Melanie on this one. I just can't bear quorn of any variety ... bleugh!

I make cottage pie or shepherds pie with the relevant mince and then use leek and swede mash on top instead of spuds :D apart from the bit of gravy I use to thicken the mince up, it's free on a red day

Oooooh i love quorn.. everything i make it quornish.. love it.. even my friend who hates anything non meaty.. shes a real meat eater.. i made spag bol with quorn for her. and she never realised.. she was really shocked like..

x x

Roll on the new plan eh Annie - meat AND potatoes, oh yes, bring it on. How happy we will be (and spag bol with the spag, chilli with the rice, curry with the rice, sausage with the mash - can't wait!)

i love quorn chilli..............its all to do with the right seasoning....plus i put bovril and boilin water on it first, so it take on the flavour........:)

have to say dont like any of the meat substitutes tried loads now its the texture not the flavour that is wrong .
I make my shepherd/cottage pie with mashed cauli on the top find it better than spud mmmmmmm might have to do it for tea morrow now

it wasn't that bad....made it with a schwartz shepherds pie packet mix...stirred in sweetcorn and petit pois...then mashed up sweet and normal potato for the topping but found that it was nicer with the topping stirred into the rest with a sprinkle of ww grated cheese on the top....

the texture wasn't as noticeable like that - well me, hubby and my 6 year old ate it all up!!!!

By choice I would still have normal mince though but its always good to try something new!

I just bought quorn pieces and quorn mince before i heard about the new EE plan! I'm really not keen on it at all but it's OK if you add so much chilli that your mouth goes on fire. ho hum

Back