Extra Easy shift worker :-( please help,

Kellytalbot

Been on slimming world for nearly 3 weeks now,all is going well,and I like extra easy days.

I am a shift worker so time isn't really available in my world :-D I rarely even know what day it is haha!

Can anyone give me a list of FREE or very very low syn foods on extra easy, just for me to Jot down in my diary and take to Tesco with me. I'm ideally after quick meals, and quick snacks any help would be fantastic

Thanks guys x

Been on slimming world for nearly 3 weeks now,all is going well,and I like extra easy days.

I am a shift worker so time isn't really available in my world :-D I rarely even know what day it is haha!

Can anyone give me a list of FREE or very very low syn foods on extra easy, just for me to Jot down in my diary and take to Tesco with me. I'm ideally after quick meals, and quick snacks any help would be fantastic

Thanks guys x

I too work shifts inc the dreaded nights and have a busy toddler too but always find a little time to cook cooking doesn't have to take hours and hours my slow cooker is my best friend I chuck chunks of lean meat in on low lots of veg an onion a cup of water herbs and a stock cube and just leave it to do its thing

Also I have cooking days where I make loads of meals and freeze so on busy days I can literally pop something in microwave

I cook pasta drain and run under cold tap to cool it quick then drain and keep in Tupperware in fridge so when I'm hungry I just get one of my pasta sauce cubes (make my own n freeze) microwave stirr in pasta warm it and serve with salad and some chopped ham

When I'm out I tend to grab some chicken chunks and a pun net of cherry tomatoes for a syn free tasty lunch

Cooked meats, tinned tomatoes baked beans spaghetti in tomato sauce asdas chickpea Dahl boiled eggs are all staples and all syn free

A butterflied chicken breast cooks fast and with some salad and new potatoes makes a fab and easy meal

Hope this helps xxx

I'm a shift worker and currently 29 weeks pregnant, so am either busy or too tired to bother cooking! Things I find quick and helpful are Mugshots, Jacket potatoes and pasta. I also keep plenty of fruit handy to munch on when peckish. Cooking in batches and freezing or having leftovers the next day is also a really good idea. Cooking something like a whole chicken or joint of meat is also good, as you could use the extra in meals the next day (sandwiches or a salad etc).

It's just about being organised with what you cook/eat. I will make my meal for work the next day whilst making my main meal at home, either by making up a salad whilst its cooking or having left overs heated up the next day.

I'm a shift worker and currently 29 weeks pregnant, so am either busy or too tired to bother cooking! Things I find quick and helpful are Mugshots, Jacket potatoes and pasta. I also keep plenty of fruit handy to munch on when peckish. Cooking in batches and freezing or having leftovers the next day is also a really good idea. Cooking something like a whole chicken or joint of meat is also good, as you could use the extra in meals the next day (sandwiches or a salad etc).

It's just about being organised with what you cook/eat. I will make my meal for work the next day whilst making my main meal at home, either by making up a salad whilst its cooking or having left overs heated up the next day.

Yep plan plan plan if my oven is on I may as well fill it

I live by the free food book especially as I work odd hours and days...I take it with me coz it lists free foods in all the shops I'm passing :) easy to find too x

I'm talking microwave haha...what can I grab that's free...what about pasta n sauces, where do I buy these mug shots from? Are they free?

I was thinking of buying a slow cooker . Are they good then? :)

I'm talking microwave haha...what can I grab that's free...what about pasta n sauces, where do I buy these mug shots from? Are they free?

Left overs are you're friend then!!

You can get Mugshots in tescos and asda, usually on offer as well. Fat free super noodles used to be quite good points wise (I would check tho!)

Yes slow cookers are fab batchellors pasta n sauce and savoury rices are all either a few syns or syn Free (if made up just with water) and can be found on the packet pasta and Rice isle

My two staple ones are jacket potato with mushy peas, broccoli and cheese pasta and sauce and a side salad (sounds gross but tastes amazing)

And plain Cous Cous mixed with plum tinned tomatoes, fresh basil and sometimes adding chickpeas too x

Load the SW app on your phone so you've always got a reference when shopping. I've found it really useful! As you know how many Syns in something before you buy saves a lot in money and Syns!!!

Have weigh in tmoz.....dreading it!! I've had two bad days that were Xmas and Boxing Day I'm hoping for nothing too major but have seen some posts on here with gains of 7 lbs!!!!!!

Back