Shirleen's 2012

Shirleen

Gold Member
I thought I'd start a diary to go alongside my food diary.

I mentally restarted SW on Tuesday 28th February after MONTHS of faffing about.
So I've challenged myself to make SURE I have my 5 a day for Lent, as I read somewhere that if you do something daily for 21 days it becomes a habit, let's hope that with double that it'll become a lifelong habit!

Anyway In the words of P!nk;
'I'm coming up so you better get this party started'

Trying to change my image, went Blonde about 18 months ago and a bit fed up with it now, so would appreciate some feed back!

First pic is me Four years and four stone ago (ignore the style hate that).
Second pic is me after the first lot of highlights
Third pic is what I'm supposed to look like now (but I just can't keep it up lol).

So do I go back to (almost) Black, the multi coloured, or stay blonde and put more effort in?

Attachments

• dark.jpg
    dark.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Blonde Ambition no 1.jpg
    Blonde Ambition no 1.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 167
  • iphone 143.jpg
    iphone 143.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 166
You must be the only person in the world who suits every hair colour ever? (b1tch!)

I like *all* of them on you, but I think you look youngest with the middle colour. But then i'm also a fan of big hair and I particularly like the style in the second photo so is that confusing me??? :sigh:

Actually this could be three different people! No, can't make my mind up. Have you ever had it red?

I went with something new when I got tired of blonde. Now it's alternating sections of my natural brown/gray, bleach blonde and red. The blonde makes the red pop and the natural sections make it look a bit more normal as the hair grows out.

I have had it red but with the roseacea I really didn't suit it!
I think I prefer the middle one, but my temperamental hair decided to curl that day, it curls about four days a months and frizzes the rest!. I don't like it straight though.
However the dark colour is easy (well easy-ish I have resistant grey), just chuck on a box of colour every four weeks!

Wow you look so different in them all! I like the first 2! If you fancy a change go for it :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hmm I agree that a single dark colour is easy. I'm riddled with grey so I use a tint every 4 weeks that costs me £3 in Home Bargains (schwarzkopf one, red box). At that price I have no excuse for not keeping up with it! Plus it only takes twenty mins.

Given that I spend a lot on makeup, tan and nails I am loathe to spend much on my hair at all! £15 haircut and a box dye every month :eek:

I only have my hair cut when it gets me down so every four months maybe?

I have been known to leave it two years!

Today has been a weird day. Work was crowded as I had a new staff member shadowing me and ano!ther staff member to support a hospital visit, considering I work one to one, this was exhausting!
Then a rush to the dr's and a long wait. Fortunately the results were good..ish.

So because of the shadow and everything I skipped breakfast, and ended up with an awful headache. But that's also because I try to cover every possibility to explain the support work.
They took the you need to iron every piece of clothing and bedding every day rather well! Proof is whether they actually do it!
Of course I'll still go behind them and refold everything 'properly'! (pssst don't tell them, it's my obsession not theirs lol).

When I finished at the Drs I saw another staff member walking home from a different scheme and gave her a lift home so forgot to go to the library grrrr two books due back today!

Still Craft club tomorrow, always a good day, apart from last month when my car window was smashed!

Well I've bought some Dark blonde dye, as I don't want to alarm the Learning Disabled group I teach on Mondays (My second job), my thinking is I'll go gradually darker, until it's dark brown again.

Hmmm not really loving the dark blonde! Non descript MOUSE more like!

I teach a Learning Disable group on Mondays and we had a fab day today!
We've also agreed to start a Storytelling session in September, I LOVE this idea as I love the story at the end of our Fun and Games session. It involves me running around being all the animals and the SU's positively love it. One has such a giggle each time.
I'm going to buy a puppet, I went to a Puppet Workshop about two years ago and was told I was a natural (huffs nails), so I'm really hoping this group goes well!

Bizarrely I just watched a film/documentary about puppets today it was actually really good! Called elmo a puppeteers journey (I think) it's amazing how much effort goes into it all :) I love reading stories to children and getting to act out the different characters too, much fun! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Trying to change my image, went Blonde about 18 months ago and a bit fed up with it now, so would appreciate some feed back!

Third pic is what I'm supposed to look like now (but I just can't keep it up lol).

So do I go back to (almost) Black, the multi coloured, or stay blonde and put more effort in?

I think you should go back to dark, blond just isnt doing it for your complextion. You looked fresher dark. I have just gone back to blonde from being dark for 18 months and I feel 10X better. Hair colour can really change the way you feel about youself.

I love the dark hair. It looks so lovely.

I like you with the dark hair best. But the middle style.

You look great in all three tho.

I agree !!

Your work sounds very rewarding Shirleen. You sound as if you really enjoy it.

hugs xxxx

mrstore said:
I'm loving the dark hair! Really suits you :)

Aw thanks all I'm going to dye it again I think the colour I have it now is horrid! Mahogany here I come!

Shirleen said:
Aw thanks all I'm going to dye it again I think the colour I have it now is horrid! Mahogany here I come!

Ooo we'd love to see pics when it's done!!! Mine is a reddy brown at the mo too. Apart from the roots, they are mousey with plenty of grey lol

Back