Shirleen's 2012

Do you know what I may just retreat into diaries and let the newbies steer each other. It certainly isn't worth the hassle. I don't know why I bother anyway.

Anyway had a weird day, I'm working my 33hr shift and started at 7am, had a job waking up! Took my guy for a carvery, oh golly I should learn from past visits to make sure in not starving before I go! Was over hungry by the time I had my 'lunch' at 3!
Anyway by early evening I realised I have a cold coming :(

Am feeling really down lately no oomph! Supposed to be meeting my sister tomorrow and am just feeling 'Blah' about it, can't be bothered! Not like me at all.

Do you know what I may just retreat into diaries and let the newbies steer each other. It certainly isn't worth the hassle. I don't know why I bother anyway.

That is exactly what I have done Shirleen and am really enjoying the friendship, support and help of *diaryworld*
I had one too many bad experiences in Off Topic and now never go there. Not even for a quick glance.

Anyway had a weird day, I'm working my 33hr shift and started at 7am, had a job waking up! Took my guy for a carvery, oh golly I should learn from past visits to make sure in not starving before I go! Was over hungry by the time I had my 'lunch' at 3!
Anyway by early evening I realised I have a cold coming :(

You be careful Working the hours you work and it is very demanding work, you need to be 100% well hugs xx

Am feeling really down lately no oomph! Supposed to be meeting my sister tomorrow and am just feeling 'Blah' about it, can't be bothered! Not like me at all.
Awh, poor babe. It is rotten when you feel that way. It is just a symptom of your cold coming on.
It could make you feel a whole lot better to meet her and have a good old girlie natter.

Lots of love to you Shirleen my lovely friend xxxxxx

Oh I've been ill with another cold/sore throat combo!
Anyway I weighed in on Thursday morning and lost....5lb! Seriously thrilled by that, all the veg I've been eating is paying off.
I then got mums prescriptions and came home. My Dort and her fella Dash (my name for him, I realised the other day it makes them sound like Morse code lol). Anyway they came for tea, which was chicken, new potatoes, peppers, onions, carrots, garlic, lemon all roasted together in the oven, one of my fave meals! Was lovely seeing them they've just had a week in Fuerteventura and showed us the photos on our tv! Gosh they went on a looong camel ride, of course Dort fell in love with 'her' camel!
The night before they went Dort had a fit in Asda, she was telling me how awful it was and how nobody helped her! Apparently it was by the self service checkouts and Dort managed to get herself wedged between two metal poles (she was sat on the till, as she'd gone funny first then fell back), her tiny friend Danni was trying to pull her out and people and staff just ignored her!
Anyway the poles were what she'd bashed her face on repeatedly and she had a heck of a bruise and black eye, doc said she was lucky it wasn't broken. Bless her she sent me a photo of her face at 2am and I had no contact for a week to see how she was!!!!

So Friday I literally mooched and did my dying swan act! Had Teriyaki Salmon and noodles for tea but didn't enjoy the salmon, it tasted too 'wet' maybe I undercooked it, not cooked it before.
Saturday back to work (least said about that the better), and Saturday night my beloved Paul didn't have a migraine but I felt yuck! Typical!
Today I'm avoiding church and passing on this cold and coughing over everyone. Work tonight!

Well today was much better!
Monday I do a second job (more for the love of it than money!),teaching Learning Disabled groups. and it really is the highlight of my week. We have two classes, the morning class has six students and is focused on communication, we teach picture recognition, Makaton, body awareness, it helps extend concentration time, and focus their attention on the tasks in hand, social skills, patience and waiting their turn and by happy accident helping each other!!
The afternoon session is my group and it's more a fun and games session but they are still learning body awareness, communication skills, hand-eye co-ordination, two handed co-ordination, it ends with an interactive story that involves me running about acting like a loon and they LOVE it, we get real belly laughs at Shirl running about being the Cheetah, or bouncing being the Kangaroo!
Both groups have 10+ students so it's quite demanding!
Some of our students are really quite physically disabled too, but we don't let that stop us or them!

We had two excellent sessions today, really enjoyable!

Food wise not quite so good!
I finished my sleep in at 7am and had toast and marmalade for breakfast 2 syns HEB

no lunch a pkt crisps for a snack 6.5 syns

then Slow cooker Chicken casserole, with a dumpling and white bread and butter (son made it for me!) I gave up counting then lol!
No more syns for me today!

Tomorrow is my birthday and goodness knows what the syn count will be lol!

I love being up early/late because then I can be the first person to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Whatever you end up doing, have a great day!!!!

Lonestitcher said:
I love being up early/late because then I can be the first person to say...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Whatever you end up doing, have a great day!!!!

Thankyou sweetie! I'm weighing in today! Why I didn't book it as holiday I don't know lol!

Happy birthday, enjoy your day! x

Happy Birthday :) Hope you have a lovely one - and at least after you've weighed in you can go a little mad if you want to knowing you've the rest of the week to sort it ;)

Like everyone else has said, you look so different (and so good!) with the different colours, and like Jez I wondered about a red, more strawberry blonde actually - but I'm sure the mahogany will look fab.

Happy,happy birthday Shirleen :)

I was getting married 19 years ago today and remember it was a Friday and a beautiful sunny day (Do you remember what you were doing then ?)

Hope you have a lovely celebratory day and wishing you lots of luck for weigh in :)

oooh I was married in 1993 too, but in November!
My birthday was spent with my (now) hubby We'd met the April (24th) the year before so it was my first birthday with him. That's all I remember!

image001.gif

hope you have had a great day Shirleen and that the evening is good for you too,

birthday hugs xxxx

Well I didn't weigh in as I went to town and lost track of time.
I had lunch with Dort (Jacket Potato and Chicken Tikka Masala), then went and had my car washed. Cor she looks lovely now!
Then I picked up a card from my Mum (via my brother as Mum not well and doesn't want visitors) and she'd put £100 in it! Cheers Mummy!
My sister came round for an hour and then Son and I ordered chinese.....Totally off plan!
I had Pancake Roll, Pork chow Mein, Crispy shredded beef in a chilli sauce, and Prawn crackers, followed by 3 Thorntons Chocs and a BIG slice of chocolate cake and now I feel sick!

Superfree the rest of the week I reckon!

sounds like you had a lovely day and are feeling a bit better..winter colds are horrible arent they!

happy belated birthday xxx

Glad you had such a great day, it looks like it was a scrummy day with your family.

What a shame you have to put the following with your signature........

All posts are written with my tongue firmly in my cheek, in an attempt to amuse ;)

I for one love your sense of humour and miss it terribly now I no longer visit Off Topic.............your sense of humour is intelligent, sharp and bright and thems that do not understand it are missing a lot !!!!

Whoops it's been a while! I sort of gave up this diary but am keen to pick it up again.

Today the sun has beaten down, I took SU for a picnic,.... He ate the food but didn't want to sit so we went shopping... He wasn't keen on that either! Ho hum.

Food wise been ok, had Quorn sausages scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast,
Loads of fruit at lunchtime, tomato and Rice soup for lunch (later)
And Chickpea Dahl, rice and broccoli for tea

The soup was a new recipe I put far too much chilli in it, but it was good all the same.
Have the same lunch tomorrow, next time I make it I'll use less chilli!

Am at work at mo, started at 7am finish at 4pm tomorrow!

I'm such a no-hoper! Skipped group this week to work.... No commitment at all!!
I was going to break a habit and ask the syn value of something but decided to use the facility I paid for and look it up myself. Still haven't mind!!!

Oh poop!!! Im doing Green today and I haven't had ANY HEA! I'm going to count the splash of milk in my tea.

Reading this is like watching paint peel... Not dry as this is WAY more boring !

Back