shitkea noodle things?

I have tried them, they are rubbery in texture, no flavour at all but takes the flavour of whatever you cook them in. the ones from the official site are relatively expensive but I found them less rubbery. I had them for a week and my weightloss for that week was 5.5lbs so I dont think they affected anything!

Shitkea?? Ha ha, sounds like a substandard Swedish furniture store!!! Made me chuckle!! xx

they are called shiritaki or shirataki noodles made from yam/ cassava and or tofu.

hahahaha cant believe what i called them! i have ordered 6 packets from amazon so hope i like them!! thanks ladies xx

6? lol
I would have started with 1! :D

I ordered the 6 pack to, awful but every ones taste buds are different x

They are not bad tastewise ( but thats because they dont have any! :D). Its like chewing on rubberbands though! I will have them again just not everyday or week! :D I am going to try the tofu ones.

I think I'm gonna hve to try these, I guess buying 6 makes it cheaper on the postage in theory. So expensive these days.

If anyone has any they don't like, maybe they could offer them up to resell (with postage included of course)

I read some good tips on how to cook them and I've really enjoyed them! Let me see if I can find it hang on...How To Cook Low-carb With Shirataki Noodles | LIVESTRONG.COM

Think the rinsing and soaking helps, I've been really enjoying them and they do fill you up and haven't led to any stalling that I'm aware of. If you've got Asian supermarkets near you, it's worth checking if they stock them - I've found some for £1.04 in the Japan Centre in London as well as other supermarkets in Chinatown.

If you find them bland, try them in soups - like tom yum or miso or something.

Did anyone try the version that comes as a slab rather than noodles? I bought one but have no idea what to do with it!!

Jx

I looked online last night and there is an asian store in Hull so i am going to go have a look sometime.

It's a weird name though! I suspect when I first heard about them, I was probably going into shops asking for Shitkea too.....and yes, surprised I wasn't redirected to the crappy version of a Swedish furniture store....

Thanks for giving us all a laugh Amanda! Jx

Back