Shocked at my change in attitude

Discussion in 'JUDDD / Intermittent Fasting' started by Juddd_Judy, 30 January 2013 Social URL.

1. Juddd_Judy

Juddd_Judy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(11.68%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I've only been Juddding for three days after toying with VLCDs and SW for the best part of three years and this is the first time in a long time I've been forced to really focus on my eating and drinking habits.

I'm used to not eating much and equally used to eating all I like but I've made a promise to myself to stick to my recommended calorie allowance.

Today is the first day I've realised that on an eat all I like day I could have easily consumed 4000 calories. I've found that sticking to 2650 calories as recommended by Dr J means I've made an effort to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and I haven't snacked.

Every day is a new battle with my head telling me to starve or binge and tonight I'm feeling how I did this morning - that sticking to plan on an UD is just as important as restricing calories on a DD - which I find easier as it's what you're "supposed" to do on a diet.

So here I am feeling satisfied not sick with fullness nor hunger and looking forward to discovering how much better I can feel about myself.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DeeCe

DeeCe Silver Member

Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Woo good for you! It's great that you can take in consideration your eating habits and not feel/be restricted.. :)

Glad it's going well for you

4. Lanarkwitch

Lanarkwitch Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.6lb(15.04%)
    Diet:
    riding along on the JUDDD bus
    I'm 3 weeks in to the JUDDD plan and I too have realised that the UPS must be handled with care, I think I was initially thrown by the eat normally thing, what is normally? I've been no so many diets for so long I don't know what normal is anymore!!

Well done for getting your head into it so quickly though, I am a slow learner!!

5. Juddd_Judy

Juddd_Judy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(11.68%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    When I was questioned about starting a VLCD I was asked why I don't just eat normally? I, too, realised I didn't know how.

Dd, today, got my Exante packs at the ready. Feeling good!

6. DeeOne

DeeOne Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(18.18%)
    Diet:
    Moderate carb/ 4:3 JUDDD
    Hi Judy welcome to Juddd.. I've been Juddding for 6 months & also have to watch my UDs, even though UDs can be seen to be an eat what you like day I agree some level of control is needed or you wipe out the DD deficit. I still have the odd UUADs but I've learnt that u can fit a lot of food into an UD if you watch the sugar & fats, swap high cals for lower options & keep the treats within reason. Being a carb junkie ie cakes, biccies etc I would have struggled to lose any weight if i hadnt reined them in. Juddd has made me listen to my body & limit the foods that sets off my cravings. Basmati rice can have my scales bouncing like a rubber ball sometimes up to 4lbs if I over indulge eeek.

Good luck with your journey & those battles will get easier once you've settled in & the SirTs kick in.. :)

7. Juddd_Judy

Juddd_Judy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(11.68%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    2.6lbs in my first week which is great as I really haven't felt deprived all week and have done what I've wanted to do. :)

8. Welshmamma

Welshmamma Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    JUDD/WW
    Well done :) great loss xxx

9. Lanarkwitch

Lanarkwitch Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.6lb(15.04%)
    Diet:
    Great news well done!!

10. Juddd_Judy

Juddd_Judy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(11.68%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Second Week Update - Another 1lb off which I'm happy with as I'm now in the next stone bracket! Woop!

I've also lost inches this week. How can I tell? My trousers are doing a London Bridge! Good excuse to go shopping at the weekend!

11. Lanarkwitch

Lanarkwitch Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.6lb(15.04%)
    Diet:
    great news on the drop, keep it going!

12. DeeCe

DeeCe Silver Member

Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hahaa I love feelyng my clothes dropping, it's nice on the scales but to feel a physical difference is awesome! Woo go you, well done :)

13. Juddd_Judy

Juddd_Judy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(11.68%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    After a marvellous week last week I did my old tricks at the weekend and got smashed on Saturday resulting in a handsome 2lbs on for Weigh In day.

Lessons learnt- Listen to my head. My head was screaming at me to take the car, drink sugar free Red Bull, tonic and pop. I chose to drink and drink to excess, so slapped wrists.

Lesson two - No cigarettes. I'm giving up smoking slowly but surely but not had one for three days and on my fateful night out I was with lot of former smokers, so that was good. I think much more clearly when I'm not smoking.

Lesson three - This diet is making me listen to my body as well as my mind. I'm not craving rubbish like I usually do but I am craving comfort and stability. I think I'm easing myself in to it.

Conclusion - Don't drink thousands of calories on a Saturday if you want a weight loss. Here's to this week.....!

14. Lanarkwitch

Lanarkwitch Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6.6lb(15.04%)
    Diet:
    Well said, either that or stick to the vodkas and coke!

15. Levin

Levin Member

Diet:
    5:2
    amazing! kudos to you! i too have found that UD's are just as important - 'normal' is a new thing for me too, who would have thought that you just dont need all that much food? weird, but great!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.