shoot me now.....

kerry b

Silver Member
... I just reversed my bosses car into a bollard & it is an absolute mess

Good news is I haven't throttle the kids. We are having a review meeting this evening, not a good start to it.

It is only a car.......... it is replaceable, repairable, re-deemable.

Your boss must have had accidents.

Bit of an unfortunate title choice :D

Thank you fillymum, when you put it like that.....

Oops, apologies if the title offends anyone. Thoughtless as well as careless, thats me

I reversed my car into the bosses car on my first day in my first proper job after uni. She had been waiting for the car for 3 months and had only had it a week, and it took another 2 months to get fixed because it was a special colour.

At our works Christmas party that year I won 'blondest moment of the year' award and my prize was L Plates. I have never been more mortifed in my life.

He will get over it, and if he doesn't, he needs to reevaluate his priorities. As Sue says, its just a car.

Oops. Thats not a great start to a job us it.At least I have been here 6 months and they are aware that I'm normally a careful driver. I'm hoping they will take the "as long as everyone is ok" approach. Just awful sitting here waiting to tell them when they get back

Thank you fillymum, when you put it like that.....

Oops, apologies if the title offends anyone. Thoughtless as well as careless, thats me

But very nice:D :hug99:

You can change the title of a thread by left clicking close by the start of the name of the thread on the forum list of threads, so - go into off topic, find your thread in list, left click closely right near the start of the title, it will change into an editable box, change text, et voila!

Should you wish to, that is.

Very true. Better a bollard than a child though (little girl on drivers side of my car is the reason I wasnt paying attention to the bollard)

You can change the title of a thread by left clicking close by the start of the name of the thread on the forum list of threads, so - go into off topic, find your thread in list, left click closely right near the start of the title, it will change into an editable box, change text, et voila!

Well !!!! I learn something new everyday.
Thanks Gill xxxx

We once borrowed the Boss's car to go to a tour of the Airport, whilst in there the heavens opened, and we had left the sunroof open!!!

Every time he passed my desk he mimed as if swimming!

MadameLaMinx said:

Can't seem to do this from my phone but will try when I get home. Thanks

Ok, told female boss & she was ok. Understandably unhappy but "we are insured". Just have to face male boss now.

I wouldn't worry about the title - I think most people are aware of events in Norway, but it is just an expression. It reminds me of a recent single by the Jim Jones Revue called "Shoot First (ask questions later)" that came with specific instructions to DJs on BBC 6Music not to play it straight after news bulletins (just in case). It didn't stop them playing The Clash's "Bank Robber" after an item in the news about yes, you guessed it, a bank robbery!

Ok, told female boss & she was ok. Understandably unhappy but "we are insured". Just have to face male boss now.

Male boss might have more of a sense of humour about it? You know, women drivers and all that nonsense (crossing fingers for you!)

He bloody well laughed!

He was ok, just asked me to get it sorted. Very Glad it's over. Thanks guys, nice to know im not the only one to make silly mistakes lol

Last edited:
Back