Shop Cooked Chickens??

To be honest I think it's a myth - water maybe, but not fat, it makes no sense!

No, they dont! Take it from a life long Retailer!!!!!

Asda have actually confirmed that they do NOT inject fat or anything else into their chickens.

They do though have to be synned.

I read on a facebook group that Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrisons have all confirmed they don't inject fat.

The packets on some of them say that the skin has been glazed with sugar - but the skins bad for you anyway.

I love that nobody seems to have thought of the implications of having tonnes of boiling hot oil oozing out of the chickens into the bottom of the rotisserie oven - what a nightmare that would be, hardly saving money having to dispose of it all!

Shop bought chickens ARE high in Syns but NOT because they have been injected with fat

So why are they high in syns then ? My husband brought us one back for tea, and stripped me the breast, with no fat and no skin (i don`t like it) so how would that be synned on a Red day/EE day ? ?

it's just the skin that adds the sins, the extra they add in the glaze/flavour can add extra sins. Don't eat the skin, don't eat the sins.

Why is everyone so suspicious of something you could openly stand and watch being cooked in store?!

Why is everyone so suspicious of something you could openly stand and watch being cooked in store?!

Yeah, gotta agree .... and I can`t see how it is any different being cooked in a big oven in store, to buying a raw one and cooking it in my oven at home ? ? ?

As long as the skin/fat is taken off how the heck can it be high in syns ? ?

I love that nobody seems to have thought of the implications of having tonnes of boiling hot oil oozing out of the chickens into the bottom of the rotisserie oven - what a nightmare that would be, hardly saving money having to dispose of it all!

all the natural juices/fat that comes out of the chickens gets collected in a tray at the bottom of the rotisserie oven anyway and then at the end of the day whoever is cleaning the rotisserie has to take the tray out and tip the hot fat into a barrel and it absolutely STINKS!! theres a lot more of it than you would expect and i cant imagine what it would be like if there was even more fat there! :eek::eek: urghhh!! xx

Right, asked my consultant about this today. They are fine and syn free on Red/EE providing you strip the skin/fat etc off as you would with any meat used on a Red/EE day.

Another consultant had been telling her laydee`s these were high in syns .... My consultant was worried as she`d been telling her laydee`s these were fine as per the above rules, so she rang head office and discussed it with them .... and they are all fine and syn free on Red and EE ... all Tesco`s/Asda`s/Sainsburys/Morrisons :)

Happy Nomming :)

Do you think extra tasty chickens are free as asda had no regular chickens left and had to get one of those

Is extra tasty done with some seasoning on the skin ? What makes it "extra tasty" ?

If it is just seasoning on the skin then i wouldn`t worry too much as you won`t be eating the skin any way ... But if it is marinated in something them i would add syns to it, depending on what it was "soaked" in :)

Back