shopping budget

Crys

how much difference has SW made to your shopping bill? has it gone up, or down?

Its gone up, but costs of eating out have gone considerably down so i would say it certainly equals out, for me anyway.

If you are attending classes and have the password then I'd recommend having a look at the budget menu plan on Lifeline Online (may be in the students section) - it REALLY is handy xx

Mine went up for first 3 weeks, but last week managed to get it down. Normally i do food shopping online, but last week went into the shop. Actually made a real difference. Picked all the bargains!

I think mine has gone up - I seem to be forever buying fresh fruit and veg throughout the week. I used to eat a lot of convenience foods which were cheaper. An example is just bread - a 400gm loaf works out dearer than an 800gm one.
I could probably eat cheaper if I really put my mind to it though.

It has gone down because I no longer get Kettle Crisps, M&S cheesecake, Tesco Finest Brie Parcels, etc., etc.

As well as being a greedy pig, I was also a spendthrift!!

wow, I guess it totally varies!

Mine has stayed the same ,the first couple of weeks I had to stock up on lots of herbs and spices I did'nt have but now my weekly shop is £110 the same as it always has been (we are a family of 6).

A good selection of fruit, salad, and veggies are always available at Lidl store, if theres one near you - cheaper than other places too ( except maybe the markets )

A good selection of fruit, salad, and veggies are always available at Lidl store, if theres one near you - cheaper than other places too ( except maybe the markets )

I would disagree with this ,I recently thought the same and bought my fruit from lidl's and honestly it was horrid all took over a week to ripen (bananas,apples,pears were really sour) it may be that it's fresher but you'd have to buy it ages in advance,and even when it was ripe you could taste the difference.
I wished I had'nt wasted my money and now go to tescos as they always have 5 fruit and veg on offer each week :)

I would disagree with this ,I recently thought the same and bought my fruit from lidl's and honestly it was horrid all took over a week to ripen (bananas,apples,pears were really sour) it may be that it's fresher but you'd have to buy it ages in advance,and even when it was ripe you could taste the difference.
I wished I had'nt wasted my money and now go to tescos as they always have 5 fruit and veg on offer each week :)

sorry you think that..

but its IS TRUE.. Lidl has lovely quality, best tasting..and best value fruits, veg and salad.. but alot of people still have a 'stigma' about going to these value stores.. ( cant you just put a paper bag over your head )

If you plan BEFOREHAND.. and lets face it, you should eat these foods EVERY day, then you can buy this weeks stuff, let it ripen in the bowl. ( does not take long ) then, while you are enjoying these..when you next go.. get NEXT weeks..

'fore-warned is fore-armed')

just a suggestion. and..theres loads of choice, just like that there Tesco's ;)

As I buy mainly value brands I find shopping at Lidl/Aldi far more expensive than Asda/Tesco and the ones local to me have a rubbish selection of fruit and veg so I dont bother.

My weekly shopping is far more expensive doing sw....I have a very fussy DS and DH (for example they wont eat anything spicy) and as I only really do red days there are very few meals we can all eat....a roast is one of the only ones and even then we all eat diff veg (ds loves sweetcorn, I cant eat it on red, dh hates it. I love swede, they hate that, I dont eat the roast spuds) and so on and so on!
I cook 3 different dinners every day - not cheap!!

Its probably stayed about the same really, if I take in to account the £10 a week takeouts we now dont have, although in general I over spend every week (this is because im a bugger for buying all the offer stuff even if we dont need another 12 rolls of loo roll ha ha) so Im going to be getting my fruit & veg and stuff from Lidl, using farmfoods/jack fultons to get some frozen stuff for DH & DS (they usually eat what I do but if im working at the weekend, DH "cooks" convience stuff you just chuck in the oven) & then supermarket for the rest of the stuff.

Lisaberry, I wouldnt cook 3 meals, DH & DS get what I make, if they don't like it they go without or make something else for themselves (well not DS as he is only 3 but he goes without...so he eats what is put in front of him haha)

sorry you think that..

but its IS TRUE.. Lidl has lovely quality, best tasting..and best value fruits, veg and salad.. but alot of people still have a 'stigma' about going to these value stores.. ( cant you just put a paper bag over your head )

If you plan BEFOREHAND.. and lets face it, you should eat these foods EVERY day, then you can buy this weeks stuff, let it ripen in the bowl. ( does not take long ) then, while you are enjoying these..when you next go.. get NEXT weeks..

'fore-warned is fore-armed')

just a suggestion. and..theres loads of choice, just like that there Tesco's ;)

It never has a chance to stay around a week lol ,all 6 of us eat 5+ fruits a day!!

MrsSlim....my DS is only 3 as well but he isnt fussed enough about food to eat what is put in front of him. He is such a skinny little thing and getting him to eat anything is enough of a struggle, I've tried so hard but find I am a much less stressed out mummy if I just give him things I know he likes.

As for my husband, he would live on frosties if I didn't cook for him and I blame his mother for his stupid fussy eating. The dinners she used to cook, argh! He will eat: lasagne and chips, fish and chips, pasta bake, chicken korma, spag bol and sweet and sour chicken. He doesn't like gravy or most sauce based things and has ketchup with his roast dinner!
I've tried to do family friendly dinners but it gets left on the plate. I've given up!

Back