(SHOPPING LIST- HELP)

sona1980

Gold Member
Right *puts hand up* I need HELP and LOTS of it.

Im getting really fed up with myself now, if you have read any of my previous posts u will know im not doing very well and trying very hard!

I need help with my shopping, calling out to all those that shop for themselves.
Please can you write on here your 5% version of common foods so i can buy the right stuff. Looking at my food diary i think i need change my food versions...

for example...
Swap FLORA LIGHT for philidelpia - DONE.

i need alternatives for:

Brekki:
>skimmed milk
>Crunchy nut
>weight watchers bread

Lunch:
>Brown bread
>Wafer thin chicken slices (4 sandwich, halal if you know any)
>low fat yogart
>Snack a jacks

Dinner:
> Smash mash potato
>birds eye cod fish fingers
> bacholors mushy peas
>grilled chicken (marinated with yogart and other non fat stuff)
>flora spray oil

>packet noodles
beans
>poached egg

Cant think of anything else, the dinner isnt that much of a problem... the brekki and lunch is a constant i always eat the same thing for lunch. I use 4 slices of ww break instead of 2 normal slices at lunch time.

so stuff may be alright but im sure some can be replaced by lower fat stuff so if you have any alternatives plz post!

In the past i have been eating too few calories and too few fat grams to lose weight or for xenical to work for me.. so bare that in mind.

i will find my food diary posta nd update that.

thanks in advance

s xx

Hiya do you no what i find helps me when i am stuck, i used to do slimming world and if i cut bread out for a week i had a great loss, it takes a while to digest for some people and i no for me my body is better of without it!

It is hard at first but worth it i think xx

I have done atkins before and have lived without bread/ rice/ pasta/ chapatti etc for a long time... i did work for me then just stopped!

i guess i could try to just cut out bread for a week and see how i get on but it will be difficult for meal times for me as sandwiches are a must for lunch at work.... also when i start eating it again wont the weight from the carbs come back on? ...

can anyone recommend a breadless meal for work?...

you could try some quorn products

and maybe make a frittata with one whole egg and a couple of egg whites - in a frying pan have a whole mix of cooked veg pour the eggs over - like a HUGE omelette (could have rice or potatoes in it if you wished for some carbs) then cook till underside is browning then pop under grill till top is done - when this glorified omelette is cooled it is easy to slice into wedges to take to work with a huge herb salad with balsamic for dressing - that would be very low fat only the egg to count for your fat grams

hi hun
That sounds very yummy! will have a shop around and see if i can incorporate this in to my work meals.

>Maybe have this once a week
>jacket potato once a week
>chicken and veg once a week
>quorn burger (1 bap) once a week (technically thats bread but 1 a week cant be bad)

NEED 1 MORE MEAL idea.

Also what do you think of the WW yogarts?
and snack a jacks? ary they good or bad?

if bad i need alternatives.... as i take a packed lunch to work so i dont bing on canteen food!

also do crumpets class as bread? i have no idea what they are made of but could replace my morning slice with a crumpet?

what say?

Hi Sona

Fish fingers are too high in fat, egg is border line

Have you tried to make home made veggie soup?

Like you, bread is my love and If I fill up on soup I have no room for anything else.

Try having a bit more cereal instead of the bread perhaps?

Julie

hey Julie!

right crossing fish fingers off the plan! cheers! I like them and they are only 1 ww point per finger!

I have had home made veg soup but started making cauliflower soup and fell in love with that! will make my next batch veg soup though! get them vegis back!! Cheers again!!

i use medium eggs with 5g fat per whole egg. So if i have that with less fat foot i can get away with it on Xenical and on WW. BUT i used to eat egg with bread so it may not have the same appeal without! im going to check what the cal/fat content of 1 whiole egg and 2 egg whites is .. if it hits lower than 15g fat i think it will be ok for LUNCH?

Yeah I think the whites are ok actually - Ali is the egg queen, Ive stopped eating them cos I only like them fried in Lard :D

I think vegies are definately missing from you diet, remember there are a lot of carbs in veg and wil fill you up for a long time and not make a big doughy ball in your little tum :X

1 medium egg
2 egg whites
mushrooms
peppers
onion
fry lights
= 376 cals, 8g fat.

Not bad for LUNCH and could chuck in a salad with some low fat salad dressing i recon! what u recon julie?

The egg may be 5g of fat for the 1 egg, but percentage of fat wise, it is at least double. Most medium eggs are roughly 11.9g per 100g, so that 1 egg at 5g of fat, is still nearly 12% fat Sona.
It's not just the amount of fat we need to watch while on Xenical, but also the percentage of that fat in what we are eating.
What I'm trying to say (rather cack handedly I know:rolleyes:), is that even though you are say reducing the actual amount of something ( the egg for example, seeing as it is a medium egg, therefore smaller), doesn't change that it still is almost 12% fat.
xx

Crackerbread is nearly no fat, and Tescos wafer thin ham in the packet isn`t too bad either. I have these with Tescos garlic & herb low fat cream cheese for lunch with no problem and today I had 6!!

Soreen is also quite low I discovered yesterday :D

I also like Tescos low fat salad cream with prawns in a wrap and another meal I have made and enjoyed was pasta with tuna, cucumber, onion and butternut squash and I had it with salad.

Weight Watchers Pizzas are low in fat, as are Veggie burgers - be careful tho as not all veggie/quorn stuff is low enough fat. I like the quorn mince for spag bol and I have found Tescos veggie burgers much cheaper for more than the quorn burgers and still low in fat.

Another evening meal I had which was yummy was a huge yorkshire pudding with 2 quorn sausages and some gravy.

If you have a sweet tooth like me, Weight watchers choc eclairs are yummy. I sometimes have 1 as a dessert.

Muller light yogourts are fat free so I also eat a lot of them. I also live on bags and bags of salad!

I am not good at drinking water, I REALLY struggle with it :( I try and have a pint of sugar free squash with every main meal and try and squeeze more in during the day. Also Coke Zero has zero everything so is ok too :)

HTH

LiSe xX

Well i have been eating bread up untill now and i have decided as of now i am gonna cut back but problem for me is i dont eat cereal i just dont like eating cold stuff for breakfast!! so toast was a favourite for me!!

I will use wholemeal pitta bread occasionally with tuna in or ham and wraps are good too you can put anything in them.

Do you like cold pizza? you could cook a weight watchers pizza the night before and take it with you for lunch.

Make a pasta salad and take that for lunch you can throw in pasta low fat pasta sauce and loads of veggies and tastes nice hot or cold i make bathces and freeze them so its really handy.

Try cutting the bread eggs and fish fingers for a week and see how you get on!! xx

hey gals!

iv decided to cut back the bread and cut the fishfingers aswell.

today im having an omelett for lunch made of 1 egg, 2 whites, pepper and onion and fried in fry light. Eggs are ok with me this is the first time iv fried one in 3 months. With boiled veg and salad sauce.

Dinned is chicken breast with chilli ketchup and cottage cheese! bit of pick n mix! i forgot to cook some quorn burgers to cut up n chuck in the mix!!

brekki was cereal and milk! im boring like that!!

lol bit of a miz up order!

busy at work today so will catch up later!

s xx

If you're cutting out bread, pittas and tortilla wraps are excellent substitutes! I rarely eat bread... I discovered about a year ago that it doesn't agree with me!

be careful with quorn, my daughter is vegetarian and eats a lot of quorn and has put on weight, also i find that if i use unprocessed foods i find you can track the fat content better,
try weetabix instead of crunchy nut conflakes
maybe mash your own potatos instead of smash
steam fresh fish and plenty of salad

maybe this will help, im still learning myself so will be interested to follow how things go for you

sharon x

Hey gals n guys!

Thanks for the tips!! im happy at the moment have made some posotive changes to eating habbits and am very happy with results!! i jjust hope my loss stays lost!! hehe

I went from 13.2 to 12.12 in one week... so technically ive lost 4lbs of the 5-7lb challende for may!! hehe.. hope to lose more now though i feel more motivated!

Will be back to my own food on monday after ive been shopping! will have to make do with whatever i have at home till then!

today had chicken and steamed veg with sauce and banana for lunch
dinner (unfortunatly) is turkey slice sandwiches, snack a jacks and low fat yogart. well within my WW points .. and probs well within the 5/100g fat aswell, but will be eating bread!.

Back