Shopping: Trolley to be proud of! :D

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Blonde Logic, 6 December 2008 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    When I was fat, I used to look at others shopping on the converyor belt at check out, and I would compare it with mine.

I would notice those who I felt were the picture of good health. No Frozen meals, no piles of sweetrs, or prepared foods/cakes/biscuits, etc. Lots of fruit, and lots of veg. A bit of meat, and some juice and fruit, etc. No cases of diet soda, etc.

I "admired" their spread because it looked so good, and felt ashamed and embarassed about mine.

I realised the other day when I stood back and looked at mine - I now have a trolley to be proud of!

I AM one of those people now!!! When I looked, I saw piles of fruit, and fresh veg - tofu - pressed juices and mineral water, fresh ingredients for baking for my hubby - no Mr Kiplings! - beautiful fresh veg, and root veg - fresh fish - yogurts and dried fruit and nuts, etc. It was beautiful!!!!

I know it sounds silly but it made me so happy to see what I was bringing home for our weekly shop. HEALTHY, non processed food!! It was a site to behold!!! :D

ANd I have been relieved to find it not as expensive as I feared - though OH is still working a lot of double shifts so I am not feeding him so much, but it still is coming in close to budget.

It just feels good. ANd it makes shopping fun - looking for good healthy food, and putting back things that are not.

Long may this continue!! Like, forever would be good!!! :D
  2. Avatar Matched Content

INTHESUMMEROF69 Full Member

They say you can always tell someone by just looking whats in the barsket or trolly.
  4. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Well done BL - it does make you feel good doesn't it! When I look at my healthy shopping and realise that cooking from scratch for myself also tastes better than the processed ready meal cr*p too, because I control what goes in it. At this time of the year you can eat really cheaply - I live on hearty healthy stews, no fat, all fresh veg, low carb root veg like sweet pots, turnip, swede, celeriac (my fave), a little lean meat or chicken goes a long, long way.

Good for you!

Carol x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.