Shopping: Trolley to be proud of! :D

Discussion in 'Route to Management' started by Blonde Logic, 6 December 2008 Social URL.

1. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    When I was fat, I used to look at others shopping on the converyor belt at check out, and I would compare it with mine.

I would notice those who I felt were the picture of good health. No Frozen meals, no piles of sweetrs, or prepared foods/cakes/biscuits, etc. Lots of fruit, and lots of veg. A bit of meat, and some juice and fruit, etc. No cases of diet soda, etc.

I "admired" their spread because it looked so good, and felt ashamed and embarassed about mine.

Well!

I realised the other day when I stood back and looked at mine - I now have a trolley to be proud of!

I AM one of those people now!!! When I looked, I saw piles of fruit, and fresh veg - tofu - pressed juices and mineral water, fresh ingredients for baking for my hubby - no Mr Kiplings! - beautiful fresh veg, and root veg - fresh fish - yogurts and dried fruit and nuts, etc. It was beautiful!!!!

I know it sounds silly but it made me so happy to see what I was bringing home for our weekly shop. HEALTHY, non processed food!! It was a site to behold!!! :D

ANd I have been relieved to find it not as expensive as I feared - though OH is still working a lot of double shifts so I am not feeding him so much, but it still is coming in close to budget.

It just feels good. ANd it makes shopping fun - looking for good healthy food, and putting back things that are not.

Long may this continue!! Like, forever would be good!!! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. INTHESUMMEROF69

INTHESUMMEROF69 Full Member

They say you can always tell someone by just looking whats in the barsket or trolly.

4. Carolanski

Carolanski Back to it!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Well done BL - it does make you feel good doesn't it! When I look at my healthy shopping and realise that cooking from scratch for myself also tastes better than the processed ready meal cr*p too, because I control what goes in it. At this time of the year you can eat really cheaply - I live on hearty healthy stews, no fat, all fresh veg, low carb root veg like sweet pots, turnip, swede, celeriac (my fave), a little lean meat or chicken goes a long, long way.

Good for you!

Carol x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.