Shopping!!

helen1985

Hello all...

I am new to slimming world and trying to follow at home...
just started today and doing okay, finding it quite easy to follow

just wondering if anyone could let me know of a typical shopping list which will set me up quite well with versatile foods...

thanks all for your help and good luck with your slimming

Helen xxxx

Hi Helen and welcome to SW and minimins :)

I sit down and plan my meals thoroughly for the week ahead (breakfast, lunch, dinner x 7) then work out all the base ingredients and work up a list from there.

I add to that some apples, bananas, grapes, Mullerlights, Alpen light snack bars, etc.

Seems a lengthy process and very drawn out, which of course it is, but it sets me up perfectly with the right food in the cupboards, and more importantly no food that I don't need haha, and I actually enjoy the planning and find it quite fulfilling to know how focused I am on the week ahead.

Good luck :)

Hiya Helen!

Unlike many I dont plan what I'll cook for the week, sadly I'm a bit stuck in a rut & tend to cook the sames things but I would suggest planning (I really need to be telling myself this!). Im veggie so I stock up on pasta, noodles, potatoes, quorn & make sure I have plenty of veg, fruit & yogurts. I have a few things in the house as my syns i.e. curly wurlys. Decide the kind of meals you fancy & then you should be fine.

I like to have fresh vegtables and meats so I only tend to plan a few days at a time, but I am carefull when I shop, I try not to buy things high in syns, I also look on SW web page for product syn values for things I see in Tesco that I fancy so I can buy them next time, my local butcher will remove all visible fat for me from steak and bacon, thats the benefit of using a little shop, I do buy meat in tesco but not often, hope this helps!

Low fat fromage frais! (natural) You can use it on cereal (save a healthy A) as a cream substitute in cooking (don't boil or it will split, but add at the end) or on fruit salad. You can use quark as a spread substitute to save syns. I love philly light , the garlic one which can be used as an HEA and stir it into pasta I think it's 56g

Back