shopping

duncan

Silver Member
ive been clothes shopping today, and ive bought size 16's, oh how some are different in shape, 1 pair of 16s fit snug and the other pair is baggy:sigh: anyway, after my official weigh in last night and loosing 4 and a half stone to date,i stood in front of the irror in the changing room and looked at mself and thought ewwww your still fat. Am i right in believing that cos youve lost weight so quickly it takes a while for your head to catch up or am i getting obsessed as thats what women do about there weight isnt it?:(

Can I ask how tall you are ?

Your perception of how you look is skewed for a while I think until your brain catches up with your body..

It was only this morning that I realised that I never truly look at myself in the mirror - ok I check to make sure that my skirts are not in my knickers kinda checking but never normally consider just how I do look
But that will change when I get to target, and I will become the vainest person I know

Wow! That's such an amazing loss! You're an inspiration ^___^

I think you're right. There's a lag in the brain somewhere when we look at ourselves. i think we still look in the mirror and are so used to seeing something fat and hating it, that carries on. I think we need to train ourselves to think positively when we look in the mirror, and focus on our good bits. And also leave allowances for the fact that we're not at our targets yet. We're still losing.
You must know you look better than you did though!

Can I ask how tall you are ?

Your perception of how you look is skewed for a while I think until your brain catches up with your body..

It was only this morning that I realised that I never truly look at myself in the mirror - ok I check to make sure that my skirts are not in my knickers kinda checking but never normally consider just how I do look
But that will change when I get to target, and I will become the vainest person I know
5ft 4

Wow! That's such an amazing loss! You're an inspiration ^___^

I think you're right. There's a lag in the brain somewhere when we look at ourselves. i think we still look in the mirror and are so used to seeing something fat and hating it, that carries on. I think we need to train ourselves to think positively when we look in the mirror, and focus on our good bits. And also leave allowances for the fact that we're not at our targets yet. We're still losing.
You must know you look better than you did though!
i do know i look better than i did and im getting compliments everyday of the week and im enjoying the clothes shopping bit to :D,i have this view in my head of how i want to look then i look in the mirror at my middle bit (bum) and think jesus love you got some weight to loose, and i think i get a bit disheartened

Exactly, you should be happy with what you've lost, but know you're not done yet and you're on a journey!
Just keep at it, and it will all drop off to reveal a body you are absolutely, utterly happy with.

I find that too .. I think before you start to diet you avoid looking in the mirror or really thinking about how you look .. I know I did .. then when you start to loose weight .. you look at yourself much more and start to be more critical .. I find it harder to find something I dont look 'fat' in now I am 6 stone lighter than I was .. and am much more aware of how I look ... its tough but we are doing sooo well and look great :)

i also have an issue with my backside (always have had), my bum has got smaller but i want a little bum :(, im hoping the extra stone ive aimed for now will come of my bum

Duncan, congrats on your losses, well done. Be proud of what you have achieved so far but realize that you're not entirely there yet. I agree with the previous posters, it takes a while before our mind catches up. Also, when you're big you don't really want to think too much about how you look like and. I quickly got dressed had a look in our small bathroom mirror and that was it now I'm a lot more critical.

Also clothes' sizes don't accurately reflect what we look like, it's just a number on a label really.

Good luck with the final bit of your journey.

last time I did CD I knew I'd lost weight but couldn't really see it - right up until the point when I had my before and after pictures put up on my computer screen directly next to each other and it blew my mind how different I looked. After that I think I started seeing myself more realistically in the mirror as other people would see me.

I also do this weird thing of kind of walking past the door of the room where my mirror is in and shooting a quick look - kind of the same as you would when you see your reflection in a shop window. You get a better idea of how you'll fee when you do see your reaction and also you can see how other people see you and its often better than your first impression of yourself.

Having said that I wish mine was only an hour a day too rofl

Back