short of a shake?

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
hi
i'm short of a shake for this week. i had a accident with my porriage. my cdc lives quite a way from me and i have to pay delievery when she comes so getting one from her isn't a option.
is there any option just for one meal that i could buy.

Hmmmmm if probably cook some eggs or some other ss+ meal or something and have something rather than nothing.

atkins bar and a small ss+meal would do!

If you've got and Asda near you they sell the Biggest Loser bars which are okay as a one off. Be careful with normal protein bars, check for sugar and carb content on the ingredients because some of them are quite high. Anything less than 25g of carbs should be okay for one off occasions.

Hiya you can pop to lloyds chemist and pick up a shake i think there's are called optifast or something or what I do is go to boots n get an Atkins protein bar low carbs and sugar as it's Atkins and around 200 kal Mark

Yes an Atkins Advantage bar - not Endulge as they are just sweets and not meal replacements.

Or a low carb meal of your choice! As an emergency measure.

The extra 100 cals won't do as much harm as not having all the nutrients from the whole bar, I've had both Asda and Atkins ones at times when I've been caught short and it doesn't affect my losses. In fact on the exante forum they use them instead of the exante bars.

You need the full nutritional value of the bar so don't have half! just one bar won't hurt and the carbs are way less.

could your consultant not pop a shake in the post to you? for the price of a first class stamp or at most a large letter stamp?

celebrity slim at superdrug if necessary :) so many choices!

You need the full nutritional value of the bar so don't have half! just one bar won't hurt and the carbs are way less.

could your consultant not pop a shake in the post to you? for the price of a first class stamp or at most a large letter stamp?

i will run out tuesday so unless it gets to me tuesday morning its no good. i see her wed but thats a new week.

Just a thought, but why wouldn't she pop it in an envelope in the post?
They only weigh 40g or so.... about 60p postage???

If you had told her even yesterday she could have posted a shake to you first thing this morning and it would probs have made it to you in time.

As it is you need to either have a very low carb meal - lean protein and a small portion of permitted green veg - or buy a replacement meal product such as an Atkins bar or shake. Boots might stock low carb shakes of some other brand. Or even Holland and Barrett, who do the powdered whey protein shakes. That would do as a spare.

Perhaps you need to order one or two extra Cambridge shakes next time, to put aside for emergencies.

Good luck hun!

i brought atkins bars they were lovely. yeah i guess if i had told her yesterday they may have got here today but i suppose once atkins bars were mentioned i wanted to try them with me doing atkins next week
thanks for all your help.

Back