Short term atkins, anyone?

Rach2479

Hi Everyone, just a quick question.

Does everyone on here stick to atkins long term or do any of you alternate it with a non low carb diet.

I did atkins at the beginning of the year and lost 2 stone in 2 months. Fantastic! But i had to come off it on docters advice after i became ill. I had my gall bladder out last year and i still don't tolerate a high fat diet well. I'm now doing weight watchers but my weight loss has slowed to 2-3lbs a month, even though i do lots of excersise.

My plan was to do a 2 week induction to boost the loss then go back to a more low fat diet. I thought if it worked i could boost my weight loss every now and again like this.

I know it's not the atkins way, does anyone have any advice?

The main losses at the start of atkins induction are water and once you start eating carbs again even if low fat you will probably put some back on. AND if you cant tolerate high fat then atkins probably isnt for you.
Have you thought about Dukan diet? low fat/low carb. Its hard work BUT does work quickly!

Atkins is not short term in my book I'm afraid. You need to find a diet that suits you and stick with it is my advice. HTH. :)

Back