Short term atkins, anyone?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Rach2479, 12 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Rach2479

Rach2479 Member

Hi Everyone, just a quick question.

Does everyone on here stick to atkins long term or do any of you alternate it with a non low carb diet.

I did atkins at the beginning of the year and lost 2 stone in 2 months. Fantastic! But i had to come off it on docters advice after i became ill. I had my gall bladder out last year and i still don't tolerate a high fat diet well. I'm now doing weight watchers but my weight loss has slowed to 2-3lbs a month, even though i do lots of excersise.

My plan was to do a 2 week induction to boost the loss then go back to a more low fat diet. I thought if it worked i could boost my weight loss every now and again like this.

I know it's not the atkins way, does anyone have any advice?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    The main losses at the start of atkins induction are water and once you start eating carbs again even if low fat you will probably put some back on. AND if you cant tolerate high fat then atkins probably isnt for you.
    Have you thought about Dukan diet? low fat/low carb. Its hard work BUT does work quickly!

4. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Atkins is not short term in my book I'm afraid. You need to find a diet that suits you and stick with it is my advice. HTH. :)

5. Rach2479

Rach2479 Member

Thanks. Looks like i'm sticking with the WW then.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.