Should I be eating Super Free foods at lunchtime?

ChrisPoole

Majorly Motivated Mofo
At the moment I have only been having my super free foods during my evening meal (1/3 of my plate). For lunch I am having a 60ml wholemeal roll with dairylea light cheese triangles instead of butter and 2 slices of carved ham. I also have a fat free yoghurt and a small orange.

Should I be having more super free foods at lunchtime?

Super-free should be 1/3 of everything u eat for best results.

I did read that if a meal contains your A's / B's then u don't necessarily need super-free as well as its a healthy extra meal, but always having 1/3 is ideal.. Super-free should also be a first choice for snacks between meals, before other snacks.

I always try and have a minimum of 1/3 or more superfree and I am very satisfied with my weight loss.

Thank you Beauty, can you think of any suggestions for tasty super free foods as snacks or for lunch etc?

Salad in the sandwich or a bowl of side salad? Chopped up peppers and carrots are nice to munch on

For lunch I often take salad with either:

salmon - Tesco/ sainsbury's have some ready cooked flavoured ones that are very nice - some are free so I have them.

Lean ham and boiled egg.

Cooked chicken chopped up - some if the ready to eat flavoured ones are free.

Tinned tuna or mackerel in Tom sauce - not good for eating in close quarters to others.

Snacks - I like getting the bags of apples for kids lunch boxes, they are small sweet crunchy apples and great size to eat in a few bites. Love taking a tub of grapes to munch on. As suggested veg sticks (I don't like raw carrot or pepper) but its a good option. I always take a banana as well cause they are more filling mid morning when I get hungry.

I also add gherkins, pickled onions, beetroot etc to salads and a tasty addition always makes me feel fuller some how.

Finally if u don't like dry salad I either dress with balsamic vinegar - free - or 1 tbsp 70% less fat salad cream for 1 syn. (Not the 30% less fat one there are a couple).

There are some really good suggestions there. I think my objective from Monday will be to make sure I eat more superfree foods whilst at work.

A pack of pomegranate pips are excellent for picking at in the day if you are the type that snacks a lot like me

Super-free should be 1/3 of everything u eat for best results.

I did read that if a meal contains your A's / B's then u don't necessarily need super-free as well as its a healthy extra meal, but always having 1/3 is ideal.. Super-free should also be a first choice for snacks between meals, before other snacks.

I always try and have a minimum of 1/3 or more superfree and I am very satisfied with my weight loss.

You don't have to have 1/3 superfree if your plate contains healthy extra - but your superfree to free ratio should be 1 third and 2 thirds then add Hexs on top so if you have a sandwhich you should have it with 1 third of a plat of salad and 2 3rds of a plate of ham and then the bread it your hexB.

You should be having superfree with every meal where it makes sense (says my C) if it doesn't make sense with a meal or if you're out and super free isn't available, just make sure that most of your snacks for the day are superfree.

At the moment I have only been having my super free foods during my evening meal (1/3 of my plate). For lunch I am having a 60ml wholemeal roll with dairylea light cheese triangles instead of butter and 2 slices of carved ham. I also have a fat free yoghurt and a small orange.

Should I be having more super free foods at lunchtime?

Hi Chris

whenever I have a sandwich or cob I always bulk it out with loads of nice fresh salad. It makes my sarnie seem a lot more appealing and it's tastier too.
Also I try to take pots of fruit or vegetable ps to work to snack on. Things like chopped melon, pineapple or cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks and chunks of cucumber are all great snacks to have inbetween meals.

I hope this helps :)
Stacey xxx

Super free foods are good for the health too not just weight loss, I find the weeks where I'm a bit rubbish with the super free doesn't really affect my losses (it might for some people) but they give us more hydration, and things such as onions and garlic are good for fighting cold and flu viruses! Loads of benefits so you should try and eat some with lunch definitely. I'd probably have some tomato and cucumber in that sarnie, maybe a bit of ice berg lettuce.

Back