Should I have a go?

In my area our local newspaper is widely read and very keen on promoting "human" stories. I know it would be difficult for you but approaching your local paper with the story and plan might give your idea the promotion it needs. OK it would mean photographs which you may not be happy about but it would raise the profile of your efforts enormously.

These are really fab suggestions girls. As soon as I've spoken to James' dad and found out the details of the charity (it's a small local one I believe), I can set up the website and then I guess I can start throwing out feelers as I'll have a link for people to visit and get more info.

Local radio / press sounds a great idea as it'll put some focus on the aims of the The Ark and get them some much needed publicity. It's early days but the seed is planted :)

The local press would pounce on this...its just the thing for the paper and for the charity.

These are really fab suggestions girls. As soon as I've spoken to James' dad and found out the details of the charity (it's a small local one I believe), I can set up the website and then I guess I can start throwing out feelers as I'll have a link for people to visit and get more info.

Local radio / press sounds a great idea as it'll put some focus on the aims of the The Ark and get them some much needed publicity. It's early days but the seed is planted :)

Hi Debbie,

just wated to echo what everyone else has said about what a touching and lovely idea this and how much it will help other young people.

Just thinking as I was reading through, have you also thought about all the other local agencies who I'm guessing will refer young people into Ark? They may be a good source of donation and could spread the word.

love and thoughts for the 26th,

Lacey xx:)

hi debby
i think that is a lovley thing to do in memory of your nephew
i for one will gladly sponsor you
you have the support of all us mini members
good luck
kaz x

its a wonderful idea and he would be chuffed, im sure.

I approached my local newspaper about spnsoring me and getting local companies to advertise around my articles. they pay for the advertising so they get something out of it and the paper donates a certain amount of the advertising money to ur charity.

i didnt end up going thru with this cos i wanted someone to do it with me and i couldnt get anyone to expose themselves to that extent but if my local paper were interested, im sure urs will be!

best of luck. will be thinking of u all on tuesday xxxxx

Hi Debbie - fabulous idea...and great that you are turning a tragedy into such a positive.....

love and best wishes

Debz xx

Debbie that's a wonderful idea, you'll definately get loads of support and sponsorship from Minimins members.

All the best with it, you'll certainly get a lot of attention for the charity and that's wonderful in itself.

x

Back