Should I Join?

mousey81

Hello Everyone,

I've been on Lipotrim for a month to get me kick started into weight loss, and I'm doing the re-feed to reintroduce food.

I've already lost 24lb through TFR, and want to lose another 36lb through healthy eating in time for my 30th Birthday in September.

I suppose my question is, would WW be the way to do this? Are my goals realistic? What are the benefits of attending meetings over doing it online and vice-versa?

Phil
x

Hello Everyone,

I've been on Lipotrim for a month to get me kick started into weight loss, and I'm doing the re-feed to reintroduce food.

I've already lost 24lb through TFR, and want to lose another 36lb through healthy eating in time for my 30th Birthday in September.

I suppose my question is, would WW be the way to do this? Are my goals realistic? What are the benefits of attending meetings over doing it online and vice-versa?

Phil
x

hello and welcome! It is definitely possible for you to lose 36 lbs with weight watchers from now to September. depending on what day in September it is, it should be roughly 28/30 weeks, shouldn't it? WW targets a weight loss of 0.5/2lbs per week, so it's definitely possible to lose 36 in 30 weeks! WW is definitely about healthy eating. What I'm concerned about is that because you've deprived your body so much in the last couple of months, starting to eat healthily you migth have to move backwards before moving forward again (e.g. you might have a weight gain before starting to lose again). Don't get discouraged if this happens, because it's just your body catching up!

as for meetings/online, online you have only the support of the message board, and it can get a bit lonely especially if you really need to have someone to support you and keep you motivated. Meetings are great and people are massively supportive. When you go to meetings, you can do monthly pass and spend £12.95 for the first month and £19.99 thereafter, and you can use BOTH the meetings AND the online through the monthly pass membership! So if you can invest £20 in yourself every month, the monthly pass is the best option. You can also buy the magazine cheaper at meetings, and a lot of different gadgets. Besides, you can make very good friends who actually live close to you :)

Whichever option you'll pick, welcome and well done for your weight loss up to now. well done for your choice of diet and good luck!

Hi - for me the advantages of doing it online is that I DON'T have to go to meetings lol (I find them a bit boring and start to find excuses not to go when I am tired after work) and it is cheaper (and if you go through Quidco you get cash back). I get support and tips from this message board and if I don't like a thread I don't have to read it. I dip in and out of the WW one but they are not set out very well and there are very few posts with more than one or two replies. It all really depends on what kind of person you are whether you would prefer meetings or online.

I personally feel i need the weigh ins to keep me on track. I tried to go it alone but without the threat of weekly meetings i went off track. Maybe once some of my weight is gone ill be able to go it alone. Good luck with whatever you decide. (also well done for sticking to LT for a month, i did it for 2 weeks and go so fed up of limited flavours)

As with the others, I totally depend on the meetings to keep me on track. I dont always stay to the meetings but just going there, getting weighed by someone else, having a quick chat with the leader and other ladies.... thats what keeps me going on weight watchers! Ive done several diets online and they never work as the temptation to cheat is always there - its a case of "well... no one will know"!!

36lbs by September will be a breeze for you on the propoints plan hun! I've lost 15.5lbs in 6 weeks!!! I only have another 19 lbs to go till I hit target! My aim is September too as thats when we get married but if I carry on this way, I should hit that target by June - BRILLIANT!

I honestly cannot advocate propoints enough! Its completely changed my outlook on everything! I've always been a yo-yo dieter, switching from one to the other. I've done em all - slimming world, tesco diets, rosemary connelly, lighterlife, atkins, cambridge.....! NONE of them have made me feel so positive about weight loss as WW has in such a short amount of time! Yes, the VLCD's meant I lost loads of weight very quickly but it all piled back on (and more) as soon as I stopped them. Weight watchers is more a change of lifestyle I think . By not restricting any foods, its gives you the power to make the right choices....

I used to be a complete junk food addict, we would have at least 3 takeaways a week!! Now, when hubby says "fancy a dominos" I can honestly say I dont! I'm happy to sit there watching him stuff his face with pizza while I tuck into a weight watchers pizza oval with roasted veg! Sooooo much more flavoursome and filling IMO. I also used to drink about 5 bottles of wine a week (EEEK!!!) - do you know what, I have even given up that - wine just doesnt appeal to me now. I look at it and think "what a waste of points!"

Hope to have helped xx

Tonic, its wonderful to see you happy with what you are doing :)

The beauty of ww is that you can include anything and everything. If you are weaning off another plan, like a VLCD, you can point the sachets if you have the protein/carb/fat/fibre info!

If you are coming from a VLCD you may find your weightloss slow while your body adjusts, but your target is realistic enough if you keep to the plan and exercise plenty :)

Hi - for me the advantages of doing it online is that I DON'T have to go to meetings lol
LOL! World is beautiful because it's varied as we say in Italy :D

Back