should i join

shaz29

Hi all feeling inspired to join can you reccomend? Is it really as amazing as everyone says? Your thoughts and stories would be appreciated :)

Yes!! I've lost almost 2 1/2 stone in about a year and just got to target. I've tried and failed at many diets over the years, this is the only one that doesn't actually feel like a diet! No food is banned and you don't have to feel guilty about having chocolate or a glass of wine. I know people that have tried SW and they have found it isn't for them, and I guess that's the same for any diet really but I would say you have nothing to lose (other than lbs!!!) by giving it a go.

Hi everyone,

Like Shaz29, I'm considering doing SW but worried that I won't be able to sustain it or find anything to keep the snacking at bay! Woowoo you like amazing! You should be so proud of your achievements, you look like a different woman. Is it constantly a struggle to think of what to eat?

Thanks!

I won't lie, it does take a lot of planning and preparation, I tend to just write a meal plan on a Saturday and then write a shopping list to make sure I get everything in. If you've planned and prepared then there is no reason why you won's succeed. There's loads of recipe ideas on this forum, enough so that you wouldn't have to eat the same meal twice in about 2 months!

You should definitely join as my main reason to gain weight was that I was yes wait for it that I wasn't eating enough!!l lol
Since joining my main changes are the way you cook and think and once you get around that then you don't have to plan it just comes naturally I lost weight every week except the 1st which I sustained (did not enough !!) and another week when I was ill!
I targeted then moved my target an extra 7lb and to be at the lower end of my BMI
What's good is that it is NOT a diet just a HEALTHY EATING PLAN
GOOD LUCK
X

The reason I picked SW was because I love food and cooking. I almost always cook from scratch and SW has taught me how to make little changes to the way I make things to help me lose weight. I also like the fact that I can eat as much fruit & veg as I want and like the way SW deals with treats (syns).

If you love to cook then this is a great plan. I'm not sure about how it works if you're not really into cooking but someone else may be able to say.

Seriously, I would recommend it highly! I was a little apprehensive at first, having pcos, I thought, oh its not gonna work, and I'm just going to stay this big my whole life, but gave it a go, and lost 5lbs in my first week! 8 weeks in, I'm 1stone 4.5lbs lighter, and I've even greatly improved my chances of being a mum when I'm older...
I eat much more than I used to before sw, I just cant believe that this is a diet, seems so easy!
and the groups are great, even if you have a little gain they're brilliant and everyone gives you tips to help with your weight loss journey.
All the best!!

Good move, I joined in July after never really dieting, couldn't lose the weight myself (I love food!) but I was getting bigger and bigger. In 4 months I've lost 1st9.5lbs, feel much healthier, look ten times better and am closer to target than I've ever been.

I love Slimming world! It's given me a new lease of life that I wouldn't have had otherwise :)

If you like planning and cooking from scratch -SW is for you.
If not there are other diets available. Simples!
If does work well and I enjoy the planning. Perhaps read some food diaries on here to get a better idea of how it works xxx

Can only reiterate what others have said. S W is truly fabulous. I have been at target 12 months now so it is definately sustainable and no its not a diet, its a healthy eating lifestyle in a structured way. If it wasnt sustainable I would not have maintained for 12 months! You have made such a good decision and if you follow plan properly you will succeed! We can all testify to that :)

I joined in march of this year, never done a diet before, and here I am eight months later and just under eight stone lighter :)

its a great plan that I haven't found a struggle, but I have been firm with myself.
Good luck on your first meeting :)

Another one here who absolutely swears by SW! I joined in February and I am now 5st lighter, I have 1.5st to target and I KNOW I can do it.
I love to cook and have a husband who would probably leave me if I started to try and starve him, so for me the way of optimising food really is the only way to go.

Back