Should i switch to LL??

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Hi all, how are you?? I hope you're all well and doing well on the diet :).

I have been trying to restart back on CD for over a year now and i have not succeeded :(. I am getting very depressed about my weight :cry: and feel unhealthy :( and just miserable :cry:.

I am tyring to get back onto CD at the mo and today is my 3rd attempt at Day 1 :rolleyes:(have been trying since thursday :eek::mad:).

But for the past week i have been thinking of switching to LL. I'm thinking this might benefit me as i'll see it as a new diet and psychologically see it as a new start, rather than seeing CD as a restart and maybe psychologically setting myself up for failure as i have restarted so many times. Does that make sense??:confused:

I hope it does because i would appreciate your thoughts and opinions on what you think about switching diets and the concept of a new start.

I look forward to your replies :) xx

p.s Has anyone on here done LL?? Have you benefited from the CBT and also how much does LL cost now?? I'm sure the prices have increased:(.

I've just switched over from LL to CD, but had only been on LL for three weeks. I suspect it is very similar to CD in that the first three/four days are hell, then gets much better once ketosis kicks in.

Personally, I found it very rigid and (dare I say it), patronising. I much prefer CD as I feel I am in control. I'm on SS+, so if I'm going out or with friends, I can have a green and white meal instead of one pack. I can make the choices. On LL I had some chewing gum once, and was made to feel and like a naughty child and that it would take me out of ketosis (it didn't). It was nice to chat to others in the group (but then there is this forum for that too), but waiting for around an hour when everyone was weighed and measured, while holding your pee stick didn't do it for me;). That was always followed by a half hour DVD of even more LL retelling their success stories, and about half an hour of CBT. To be honest, I gained nothing from it, although I'm sure there are those who would.

The cost is £66 per week.

Good luck with whatever you try.

i tried cd during the summer and had an awful detox and only lasted 3days. i joined ll at the start of sept had no detox at all, and am now on my fourth week and loving it.
i love the group sessions as i used to do ww and like the format, spec cause my cdc was kinda in and out!!
i also think the shakes etc are nicer on ll.
i think it 66 in england not a 100% though.

i think it could benefit u spec if ur getting no where on restarts maybe u need a complete hole change all to gether.
look up the ll site and get a contact no for someone near u...cant help to enquire!!
good luck with what ever u choose though xx

From your post it seems you are really struggling with frame of mind for dieting. I can't see as any abstinence diet will help you at this moment in time.

Your head really needs to be in it, and although I know LL is an excellent programme with the addition of CBT, are you going to be able to stick with it??

I can understand your weight getting you down, may be worth a trip to your GP and have a chat to him about it? He may recommend you see their dietician for a while until you get back in the mindset for abstinence.

I wish you luck and I know how you have tried, take care of you and make sure you make the right decision.

XXX

Hi Maybe baby, just wanted to say i know how you feel, i came off cd and put on some weight, then i really struggled to get back on. I too started day one again and again, but on wednesday i decided enough was enough, i really want to wear some lovely knee length boots in the winter so i started on wednesday and i am now on day 5. You too can do it, but if feel like a change its up to you. Good luck in whatever you choose.

I think it really depends on what you want to get out of the sessions. The reason I didn't do LL is because I wanted it all to be about me and my journey. As selfish as it sounds I wanted to find out why I had a food problem, I didn't want to sit for a couple of hours in a group and only have a few minutes dedicated to me. My CDC is fantastic and knows that I'm prone to talking a lot during our meetings so I get longer appointments, I don't think group therapy would work for me.

BUT that said, my friend is doing LL and loves it because other people bring up things that she herself would not have felt comfortable talking about., so it works both ways.

As for the shakes I think having tasted my friends, they're pretty similar to CD shakes, but our bars are def nicer, the LL ones seem a bit sawdusty to me.

The new start on a different diet might be exactly what you need, but I think it's a personal choice that only you can make hun. Good luck with whatever you decide. Let us know how you get on.

i just wanted to say good luck hon. if you think it would give you the boost you need then go for it.

jenp. sorry hon but if you are doing ss+ you need to have your three packs AND your meal. not instead or you won't get all your nutrients.

abz xx

Have you ever thought of getting CBT yourself thro a trained councellor? With the money you save on CD compared to LL you could pay for the sessions. My Mum is actually a CBT councellor and charges £45 per session but these prices can vary.

Although I'm doing CD my Mum is currently doing W8 and it seems really good they have loads of different options to suit your needs, they are just under £50 a week. They even get Spag Bol for din dins!

Personnally I like the strictness of CD, the price and of course the porridge!!! (don't think anywhere else does it)

Good luck on whatever you decide x

Oh my gosh, i have just typed out a very very long reply to this thread about 4 times now and have lost it each time :(.

So i hope you dont mind but i will reply now quickly and then later in full because i have to rush off to read my prayers.

Thank you so so much for all your suggestions and advice. I very much appreciate you sharing your experiences and advice with me and i will think about everything you have sugested.

I have managed to stick to SS up to now and i am hoping to have an early night so i cant slip up tonight.

I am still cosidering switiching and i will explain all my reasons another time because i have to go now. I really want to explain everything in full but i have to go :( . Thanks again xx

jenp. sorry hon but if you are doing ss+ you need to have your three packs AND your meal. not instead or you won't get all your nutrients.

Hi ABZ - sorry didn't explain myself. I normally have 4 packs (same as on LL), but on ss+ can exchange one of the packs for a green and white meal... so still have three packs plus meal. At least that is what I understood it to be.

Hi all, i hope you're well. I just thought i would fill you in on what i'm doing about switching to LL. I have contacted a local LL counsellor about starting CD and i am waiting for her to get bak to me, but i may be able to do the diet as my BMI is about 29 at the mo. Also i have problems last time with starting LL because my GP wouldnt sign my forms. This time round however, i have a new GP and the LL counsellor has a private GP with them who can be seen if our GP refuses to sign the form.

I am still thinking about what i should do. I managed to SS yesterday untill about 1am when i had a piece of chicken, not because i was hungry or tempted but because i felt a panic attack coming on and i ate because i felt anxious. So i will have to see what i can do about that.

I decided not to SS today because its Eid tomorrow and although i wanted to SS on Eid, we all our visiting relatives as a family and i know they will give me a hard time about not eating or what i eat. So today i have stuck to low carb meals and i will try stick to chicken and brown rice tmrw.

I am excited about maybe starting LL because i think it will be a new start and maybe my first time with LL will be my golden time. I am also interested in the group session and also the route to management where we can keep attending meetings up untill we reach goal and after, which i think will be of great help to me.

I am still not sure what to do, so if anyone else would like to share their experiences of LL and CD i would very much appreciate it.

Thank you xx :)

Hiya hun, I think you're amazing for trying to stick to sensible food tomorrow, on such a big celebration. I've already been trying to work out how I'm going to manage when Christmas rolls around.

I hope the LL counsellor can help you to make up your mind about what will suit you best. I think it's a very person thing to choose, and talking it through with a different counsellor might help. Let us know what you decide and good luck with tomorrow. xx

Hiya hun, I think you're amazing for trying to stick to sensible food tomorrow, on such a big celebration. I've already been trying to work out how I'm going to manage when Christmas rolls around.

I hope the LL counsellor can help you to make up your mind about what will suit you best. I think it's a very person thing to choose, and talking it through with a different counsellor might help. Let us know what you decide and good luck with tomorrow. xx

Aww, thank you for your lovely post, you made me smile :). I am hoping i will get through tmrw ok. I dont think i will eat much tmrw, i feel sick just thinking of all the food that will be there. I just want to stick to brown rice and chicken. When i visit relatives tmrw, i'll try get away from grown up relatives for a bit and spend my time with my little cousins and eat as little as i can. I might have 1 or 2 CD shakes tmrw deprending on how much i eat when i am out. Luckily, i dont have to worry about christmas as i dont really celebrate it. I do have 4 family bdays coming up b4 xmas, but they undersatnd if i cant go out with them or eat.

I am lookin forward to the LL counsellor getting back to me. I want to get back on a CD or onto LL as soon as possible. I am going to make sure that i have a very long disucssion with her about starting LL and then go from there.

Thanks again for your support, i will let you know how i get on xx

Aw I'm sure you'll be fine, you seem to have your plan all figured out. I know what you mean about all the food tho, I went to my friends wedding (she's Muslim) a couple of years ago and the food kept coming all through the day, and it's all sooo nice. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. You'll be fine, everyone will be too concerned with what's on their own plate. xxx

Aw I'm sure you'll be fine, you seem to have your plan all figured out. I know what you mean about all the food tho, I went to my friends wedding (she's Muslim) a couple of years ago and the food kept coming all through the day, and it's all sooo nice. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. You'll be fine, everyone will be too concerned with what's on their own plate. xxx

I have to plan everything, lol, or else i dont know what i'm doing on the day.

Oooo, i love asian weddings, not so much the food but the outfits, the dancing, hiring the limo, the henna designs and the celebrations, absolutley love it :). I havent been to one in a while tho :( and no Eid parties this year either :(.

We do have alot of food on Eid and its strange because every family we visit offers us a feast of food and you cant say no as its considered rude. But i'm hoping i'll be ok tmrw.

Thanks again for your support. I hope you've had a good day on the diet :) xx

Back