shout your favourite meals!

cornishwed14

Getting myself together ready for a start upon return from holibobs in a fortnight. I used to be so hot on SW meals, but after a break i'm stumped- I literally can only think of a handful of meals and I need variety.. so shout about your favorite meals to get my list going! Im caffiene free and prefer to avoid sweeteners as much as possible, so anything that doesn't involve cooking in fizzys or added sweetener please! xxx

Getting myself together ready for a start upon return from holibobs in a fortnight. I used to be so hot on SW meals, but after a break i'm stumped- I literally can only think of a handful of meals and I need variety.. so shout about your favorite meals to get my list going! Im caffiene free and prefer to avoid sweeteners as much as possible, so anything that doesn't involve cooking in fizzys or added sweetener please! xxx

I'm currently tucking into a bowl of spinach and rocket with chive cottage cheese, topped with tuna burgers (can of tuna not in oil + 1 egg mixede together and fried in frylight)

tasty :)

I have 2 favourites

1. 5 spice sticky chicken (chicken coated in Chinese 5 spice, stir fried with peppers, onions, mange tout, 100ml chicken stock, honey, chilli and orange zest served with noodles)

2. Hunters chicken with SW roasties (chicken smothered in syn free BBQ sauce, bacon and cheese)

I have 2 favourites

1. 5 spice sticky chicken (chicken coated in Chinese 5 spice, stir fried with peppers, onions, mange tout, 100ml chicken stock, honey, chilli and orange zest served with noodles)

2. Hunters chicken with SW roasties (chicken smothered in syn free BBQ sauce, bacon and cheese)

Woah Woah Woah syn free bbq sauce?

Chilli Con Carne is on of my classic faves. I also love the SW BBQ pulled pork or cheese stuffed burgers! Yummm!

My favourite at the minute is SW chicken parmo! Totally Syn free and so yummy.

Grate / blitz 60g wholemeal bread (HExB) so that it becomes breadcrumbs. To the breadcrumbs you can add any herbs / spices you like - I use Aromat all purpose seasoning. Remove all fat from a chicken breast and give it a good beating with a rolling pin so that it is flattened. Dip the chicken breast into a beaten egg and then into the breadcrumbs so that it becomes completely coated. Place on a lined baking tray and pop in the oven on 200 for about 15 minutes, turning half way through. Remove from the oven and top with half a tub of Low Low spread (HExA). Pop back in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese becomes all melted and yummy.

It is gorgeous served with SW chips and salad / roasted vegetables. Yum! :)

I made Butterbean Butterboom last night and it was absolutely delicious so this is my favourite at the moment. I had it with pasta

I have 2 favourites

Ooooh BBQ sauce? Please can I have the recipe? X

It's

8floz passata
3tbsp sweetener
4tbsp balsamic vinegar
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp mustard powder
Onion

Chuck all in a pan, simmer for 15mins and bobs your uncle!

i must admit I love my chilli and still use quorn even though I do extra easy now. I have done so many recipes and must admit most have been well worth the effort :)

Also the lasagne from the extra easy cookery book is fab. I tend to add a bit of tomato puree to thicken the sauce though.

I made a McDonald's chicken a d cheese wrap faker on Friday night and it was gorgeous! I did the chicken goujons using the smash KFC chicken recipe, I always put chilli powder in my smash to make the goujons nice and spicy! Then I used a weight watchers tortilla wrap (5.5 syns) filled with salad, the chicken goujons, and then healthy extra a choice cheese singles! Some extra light mayo and that was me sorted. The cheese singles made the wrap stick together too lol had it with chips and more salad. Thoroughly enjoyed it

I love spinach, potato and chicken curry, kheema curry (I made mine with quorn) and turkey meatballs.

I had butternut squash and spinach risotto last night and it was rather yum!

Recipe below! (Serves 4)

1 BNS
A couple of handfuls of spinach
1 ltr stock
300g arborio rice
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
60g cheese (half a HEXA per serving - you could add more but this was about right for me)

Roast your BNS - chop it in half lengthways, scoop out the seeds and lay the halves cut side down on a baking paper lined tray. Roast for about 40 mins to 1 hour.

While the BNS is roasting, fry off the onion and garlic in fry light until soft. Add the rice to the pan and fry for a minute before adding a good slosh of the stock.

Keep stirring the rice and adding more stock as it absorbs the stock in the pan. You might not need all the stock, I ended up using too much so keep an eye on it.

When the stock is absorbed and the rice is soft but bitey, set to one side.

Take the BNS out of the oven and let it cool for a bit. Cut the flesh into chunks and throw into the risotto - stir it all in and mash some of it up while leaving some big chunks. Add cheese, let it melt in, add spinach and stir until it wilts, season and serve!

Attachments

• image-2694174090.jpg
    image-2694174090.jpg
    721.2 KB · Views: 104
Another favourite - Potato and Spinach Curry, recipe below paraphrased from Appetite for Reduction.

(Recipe serves 6 so I halved all the quantities below when I cooked it. The halved version served me and husbandface who eats like a horse lol and I couldn't finish mine)

1 tbsp mustard seeds
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (I assume this means chilli flakes? American recipes do confuse me!)
2 plum tomatoes, chopped (I used tinned)
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups vegetable stock
2 pounds potato, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1 pound chopped frozen spinach
1 tbsp lime juice

Preheat pan and add frylight. Add mustard seeds, put lid on and let them pop for a minute (if they don't pop, turn the heat up!). Add onions and cook for 5 mins. Add more frylight as needed. Add garlic, ginger and pepper flakes and cook for another minutes. Add tomatoes (this should deglaze the pan) and cook for 3 mins, then add curry powder, cumin and salt. Add potatoes and stock (it's ok if they aren't fully covered by the stock). Put the lid on and bring to the boil, once boiling lower heat to a simmer and cook for 15 mins. Add spinach and cook for 5 mins or until spinach is thawed. Mix well and cool for another 10 mins. Add lime juice, more spice to taste and serve.

Oooh and this one - Forty Clove Chickpea and Broccoli (also from Appetite for Reduction). I always serve this with cheese and mustard mashed potato and it is the most wonderful comfort food. :)

Serves 4

1 lb broccoli, cut into large spears and stems chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
10 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed (or more!)
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp lemon zest (zest from 1 lemon)
1.5 tsp dried oregano
1 cup vegetable broth

1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Place the broccoli, garlic and chickpeas in a baking pan. Cover with frylight, salt, lemon zest, oregano and black pepper to taste. Toss to coat and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, flipping once.

2. After 30 minutes, mix broccoli and chickpeas again and add broth, scraping away any browned bits at the bottom of the pan and mixing in. Continue to bake another 15 minutes until the garlic is tender and the broccoli is browned in some places.

Eat with mash!

Back