Shred?

TrueBlueAngel

I WILL be thin!!
Ok, It'll probably be a daft question, but what is this shred I keep seeing on here??

It's fab. It's hard work, but after 6 days I am already seeing a difference. It is a mix of 3 mins strength exercises with weights, followed by 2 mins of cardio, followed by 1 min of abs. You do 3 circuits of this. It takes about 20 mins.

It's really very very good and I reccomend it. Even though it WILL have you swearing at the TV! Jillian is lovely, but a task master.

Me too! She is awesome :D

I just wish it was 3 mins cardio, 2 mins strength and then 1 min abs! Those strength exercises are KILLING me (I'm only using 1.5 kg weights)!

I'm with Minirog - I love this! I've had the dvd for months and inspired by Lauren, Moley and others I started last Saturday and I've just completed level 1. You feel fantastic afterwards and I am feeling a difference. Level 2 tomorrow..eek!!

I'm with Minirog - I love this! I've had the dvd for months and inspired by Lauren, Moley and others I started last Saturday and I've just completed level 1. You feel fantastic afterwards and I am feeling a difference. Level 2 tomorrow..eek!!

Wow, does that mean that Level 1 is comfortable for you now after only a week? This is Day 4 for me and Level 1 is still a killer, can't imagine moving up a level for at least a few weeks! :eek:

i did it for a few days but then life took over (mum!). will be doing it again soon. i did swear at gillian. the music grates too. decided that i'll stick my iphone music on and just follow the screen. lol! i'm following the advanced woman. higher impact stuff. have a mat but no weights so used 2 tins of large 400g soup.

Wow, does that mean that Level 1 is comfortable for you now after only a week? This is Day 4 for me and Level 1 is still a killer, can't imagine moving up a level for at least a few weeks! :eek:

:D You'll be surprised Laura! Days 3 and 4 were pretty brutal but on day 5 I was feeling pretty good again. I've had a look at level 2 and it looks :eek: but I'll give it my all. I'm doing it as prep for when I go back to the gym in February but at the moment I'm considering carrying on - mix it up a bit and all that. Keep going Hun it does get easier xx

:D You'll be surprised Laura! Days 3 and 4 were pretty brutal but on day 5 I was feeling pretty good again. I've had a look at level 2 and it looks :eek: but I'll give it my all. I'm doing it as prep for when I go back to the gym in February but at the moment I'm considering carrying on - mix it up a bit and all that. Keep going Hun it does get easier xx

Thanks Sharon, knowing that has really spurred me on! Aaaalmost looking forward to tomorrow's workout now ;)

actually just looking on amazon, there are afew of her dvds out...
has anyone tried anyothers... i was looking at the 'blast off belly fat'
as this is my problem area.

i noticed a real change at day 6. It did suddenly feel easier (not easy, but easier!). I could complete almost all the reps of all the strength exercises (I use 1.5kg hand weights), apart from the bloody push ups! I cannot do all the push ups and it's so frustrating!

Hopefully I will manage to do it before my 10 days is up. I am so scared of level 2 as I have heard some pretty tough stories about how hard it is! LOL! Bring it on, Jillian!

Hi Minirog, I'm the exact same way, I use 1.5 kg hand weights and the only bits I reeeeally struggle with are the push-ups (can't finish either set of reps even doing the "girly" or half push-ups on my knees) and those horrible things where you have to lunge to the side and bring the weights up in front of your body to eye-level at the same time :mad: :banghead: :cry: :4633:

actually just looking on amazon, there are afew of her dvds out...
has anyone tried anyothers... i was looking at the 'blast off belly fat'
as this is my problem area.

That's how they sucker you in!

It's not medically possible to choose where you lose fat from.

Doing multiple crunches / abdominal work only builds muscle in those areas, where the fat is lost first is hard coded into your DNA (It's genetic!)

Everybody is different, some people lose it off their face first, some their legs, some their arms etc.

It's just like any other exercise DVD you can buy, there's a chance that yes, you will lose belly fat, but you'll also find that you've lost fat from other places that the DVD didn't tell you about because you can't control it :)

Back